• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Trade Mix-Up on PinPics Yet Again! So mad right now. I need Pin 49247 please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Mix-Up on PinPics Yet Again! So mad right now. I need Pin 49247 please help!

ILuvAriel922

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey everyone,
I'm super disappointed right now. I recently agreed to make a trade with another user on PinPics. I haven't traded much directly through that site though because many times I get offered uneven trade requests. It's understandable though because I too have sent out these types of trade requests occasionally myself. After clicking through so many pins on PinPics seeing "What can I trade to get this pin?" or "What could I get for trading this pin?" it's easy to get lost in the whole process. Nonetheless, I had sent a request to trade my Little Mermaid Marquee (pin 82603) for the Little Mermaid DSF Ariel, Sebastian and Flounder (pin 49247). Upon receiving my package today I was sent the wrong pin. Instead of receiving pin 49247 I was sent pin 49126.

I immediately contacted the trader to notify her of the mistake. I said that if she no longer had the original pin we agreed on that I would want my marquee back. She responded and said she did have the original pin and it was simply a mix-up. She said she would be sending the correct pin out with return shipping included for the wrong pin I was given to be sent back to her. Not a problem right? Than I get another message a few hours later around midnight stating that after she inspected the marquee there were faint scratches on the pin that were not noticeable in the multiple pictures I provided. I am a little skeptical with this ladies behavior now because:

1. I am EXTREMELY particular and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed "scratches" on the pin and...
2. She waited until the last minute to tell me of this new discovery, after she had already responded to my message about her sending me the wrong pin; what if I had already sent her pin back in good faith? Than she would have ended up with both pins? Lastly,
3. If your this particular about your pins how in the world can you mix-up a trade request for Pin 49247: DSF - Ariel, Flounder & Sebastian and Pin 49126: DSF - King Triton & Ariel? Even though the numbers are only slightly different, the characters featured with Ariel are pretty obvious to the avid collector.

I'd also like to mention that I have purchased virtually all my DSF pins from various members here on DPF. Not all pins I receive are in new/mint condition even though they are essentially portrayed as such. When I've questioned people about it in the past I was told Disney's Pin Disclosure states that because all pins are somewhat hand-made or physically touched-up on during final production stages there is no guarantee that all pins have the same condition or quality. So unless people are pawning off their 'damaged' pins purposely on unsuspecting traders I find this whole scenario to be fishy.

At this point, I've requested to receive my pin back first before I return hers. She has absolutely NO current feedback and mine is 100%! I just want to be sure I'm not trying to be taken for both pins. Not to mention, the pin she was trading me was probably one of my most wanted Ariel pins. Now I'm just so upset and praying she's not trying to send me another marquee that's damaged and defective instead of my original pin. Some encouragement or friendly advice would be really appreciated right now :(

P.S. I hope that there is someone out there with the pin I'm so desperately looking for :( If you do indeed exist...please message me so we can arrange a trade or sale if possible.

Last edited:
Thanks so much...I'm hoping it all works out as well. I'm hoping my marquee is ok and she won't try to send me a damaged or defective replacement. I'm hoping she is just an even more particular trader than I am and possibly used a fine comb to go over the pin inspecting much more thoroughly than I had; if that's even possible lol.

I'm hoping that trying to acquire the original pin I requested isn't going to be a mission either. It was already challenging setting up this trade and being confident enough to send out a $150 pin to someone who has no current feedback. This is why I don't deal with users who don't have feedback! They tend you give you more trouble than their worth.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about what happened and hopefully things will work itself out. I would feel super disappointed and angry if I were you too. I have never done a trade through PinPics but is it possible to get a mod involved?

Best of luck *hugs*

Sorry to hear about what happened and hopefully things will work itself out. I would feel super disappointed and angry if I were you too. I have never done a trade through PinPics but is it possible to get a mod involved?

Best of luck *hugs*

Thats a good idea. I will probably contact a moderator just to be on the safe side in the morning. I'm too upset right now to write anymore lengthly messages lol.

BTW...OBVIOUSLY, if anyone has the actual pin I was hoping to trade for and is willing to trade with me please let me know. This was a little bit of a rant, but I was ultimately hoping to get some clarity on the pins origin with its particular design on the back; in addition to hoping I might find someone with the pin I'm searching for who would possibly want to trade.

Sorry to hear about this, and hopefully it will get worked out...

As for the back of the pin, it's fine. They didn't start the ice cream cones until about the Bolt marquee (Nov, 2008)
Prior to that what I've seen is either little dots (like little dents) in rows/columns, a square-type grid pattern, or a brushed/rough metal pattern (like it was sanded or something).

Sounds like yours has that last design.

Rik

Well that's definitely a relief lol. It certainly helps to put my mind at ease that this was not an intentional bad trade. Now if I could only get the actual pin I wanted to trade for lol. IMO this was probably a bad case of traders remorse. Oh well though you live and learn.

I'm sorry that you had this problem. It's always frustrating when a pin trade goes sideways. Unfortunately, since the trade happened through Pin Pics (and not here on DPF), there isn't anything I (or any of the other DPF Staff) can do for you other than second the opinion that you seek assistance from the Pin Pics moderation team in getting this situation resolved.

In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are able to get this situation sorted and end up with the pin that you wanted without any (further) problems.

I hope it turns out well for you. I had the same thing happen, except I was the new one with no feedback and received the wrong marquee from a well-established member with a 100% rating. We worked it out, I actually purchased the the wrong one sent since it was on my "wants" also and he sent the right one immediately. Hopefully this is an honest mistake that can happen with not only a new member with no feedback or a veteran with many, many +trades.

WOW!!You would of gotten a nice pin too,since its a LE 100,I was going to try to trade for it,but I have nothing in that range
I suggest when you 2 switch back to use"USPS Delivery with Siggy Confirmination'since she is a NEW trader ,I think it would be wise to do
I wish I had a pin to trade on pinpics for it,but I am sorry to say I do not!I hope you get everything takin care of and keep us posted please!

Judy

I'm sorry that you had this problem. It's always frustrating when a pin trade goes sideways. Unfortunately, since the trade happened through Pin Pics (and not here on DPF), there isn't anything I (or any of the other DPF Staff) can do for you other than second the opinion that you seek assistance from the Pin Pics moderation team in getting this situation resolved.

In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are able to get this situation sorted and end up with the pin that you wanted without any (further) problems.

Thanks for the advice and info :( I'm in the process of forwarding all the information over to PinPics now.

I hope it turns out well for you. I had the same thing happen, except I was the new one with no feedback and received the wrong marquee from a well-established member with a 100% rating. We worked it out, I actually purchased the the wrong one sent since it was on my "wants" also and he sent the right one immediately. Hopefully this is an honest mistake that can happen with not only a new member with no feedback or a veteran with many, many +trades.

You are so right...it's unfortunate though and hopefully these past mistakes can be a lessoned learned to others in the future.

WOW!!You would of gotten a nice pin too,since its a LE 100,I was going to try to trade for it,but I have nothing in that range
I suggest when you 2 switch back to use"USPS Delivery with Siggy Confirmination'since she is a NEW trader ,I think it would be wise to do
I wish I had a pin to trade on pinpics for it,but I am sorry to say I do not!I hope you get everything takin care of and keep us posted please!

Judy

Thanks Judy :(
I was most likely going to do that anyway for my own protection and the protection of my PinPics account. In the event I need to provide them with any additional information or proof.

I am so sad that Mike is this disappointed about the trade. :(

For the record -

1) I am not a new trader and I have tons of "older" feedback because I took some time off from pin trading. We have about 4000-5000 pins between the three of us.
2) I have 612 feedback on ebay @ 100%
3) I've never had a complaint of any kind in pin trading in the past nor have I even made one, even when pins didn't arrive.
4) I read the pin trade request wrong from moment one, which is why I sent the wrong pin. Sue me.

That said. I opened the pin when I got home from out of town last night - I emailed him @ 8:42 pm Pacific Time. I'd inspected the pin, found scratches and what appeared to be a film over the right side of the green part of the pin near the scratches (not mentioned before now except to the moderator) and so it just felt hinky like the scratches might have been doctored (most likely not Mike since he bought the pin from someone and didn't know there were scratches).

I immediately recovered the pin in the ample bubble wrap he packaged it in and taped the LBE shut and this morning at 9:33 am I mailed it back to him. I sent him a scan of the receipt with the DC# on it. I most certainly did not cheat him and send him a different pin.

The pin I have to offer is in mint, perfect condition and is still in it's original packaging and given the disparity of the edition sizes LE 100 to LE 300, I want a perfect pin in return.

I've never had this happen before and I'm sad this happened in this case because Mike was soooooooo excited about the trade. I wish he had something else in his traders that I could offer to trade for but he doesn't have any other high end pins for trade so there's nothing else I can do.

I'm not new to trading. I'm do not trade in bad faith, I just made a mistake to begin with and am now unsatisfied with the trade. One has nothing to do with the other. I'm sorry he's so mad but I just want a fair trade. I hope this explains... I just want people to know that Mike wasn't cheated. This was just one of those sucky trades that didn't work out.

Here's a picture of the pin to show I have it.
attachment.php

I don't really know what else to say. I apologized to Mike. I don't really understand why he felt the need to bring it onto DPF when he knows we are both on here. Yeah, it sucks, I know. He was excited about getting a pin he wanted. So was I but it didn't work out. It happens.

I only have two things to say, not really related to this exact trade, so just take it for what it's worth. I think JohnJay you're a little overly focused on "new" vs. "used". I get that is your personal preference but good luck collecting pins long term and getting HTF pins you want if "still sealed" or unscratched is a prerequisite. Second, I have received many lopsided requests on pinpics from you. I know lots of people do it, I too sometimes send out feelers, but not at the amount I get from you. Probably 3 or 4 a week. More than "Occasionaly myself" as you put it.
Now, I completely understand if you got the entirely wrong pin, that is wrong and should be corrected. But if a pin has a tiny flaw, be it a scratch, tiny paint hole or dip, that is unavoidable. There is no grading system for pins. These aren't manufacutred to crazy tolerances in a jewelry factory. Pins have defects. Most try to look them over with their naked eye at time of purchase but you can't always see everything through plastic or with different lighting. I think you will enjoy the hobby more if you tone it down on the whole 20-point inspection thing. Just my observation.

I am so sad that Mike is this disappointed about the trade. :(

For the record -

1) I am not a new trader and I have tons of "older" feedback because I took some time off from pin trading. We have about 4000-5000 pins between the three of us.
2) I have 612 feedback on ebay @ 100%
3) I've never had a complaint of any kind in pin trading in the past nor have I even made one, even when pins didn't arrive.
4) I read the pin trade request wrong from moment one, which is why I sent the wrong pin. Sue me.

That said. I opened the pin when I got home from out of town last night - I emailed him @ 8:42 pm Pacific Time. I'd inspected the pin, found scratches and what appeared to be a film over the right side of the green part of the pin near the scratches (not mentioned before now except to the moderator) and so it just felt hinky like the scratches might have been doctored (most likely not Mike since he bought the pin from someone and didn't know there were scratches).

I immediately recovered the pin in the ample bubble wrap he packaged it in and taped the LBE shut and this morning at 9:33 am I mailed it back to him. I sent him a scan of the receipt with the DC# on it. I most certainly did not cheat him and send him a different pin.

The pin I have to offer is in mint, perfect condition and is still in it's original packaging and given the disparity of the edition sizes LE 100 to LE 300, I want a perfect pin in return.

I've never had this happen before and I'm sad this happened in this case because Mike was soooooooo excited about the trade. I wish he had something else in his traders that I could offer to trade for but he doesn't have any other high end pins for trade so there's nothing else I can do.

I'm not new to trading. I'm do not trade in bad faith, I just made a mistake to begin with and am now unsatisfied with the trade. One has nothing to do with the other. I'm sorry he's so mad but I just want a fair trade. I hope this explains... I just want people to know that Mike wasn't cheated. This was just one of those sucky trades that didn't work out.

Here's a picture of the pin to show I have it.
attachment.php

I don't really know what else to say. I apologized to Mike. I don't really understand why he felt the need to bring it onto DPF when he knows we are both on here. Yeah, it sucks, I know. He was excited about getting a pin he wanted. So was I but it didn't work out. It happens.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Itoo am sad that this trade did not work out Kathi, but let me startby saying in no way did I intentionally send you a damaged ordefective pin. I have also provided the pictures I sent her below ofthe pin in which I took a flashed and non-flashed photograph of thefront of the pin. I did this to specifically show that underdifferent lighting settings there was no visible damage. So unless,you put the pin under a microscope I still have a hard time believingit was 'doctored' as you say. I also personally inspected the pinbefore sending it out, as I do with all my trades, and there was ZEROnotable damage or defects that I felt needed to be addressed. Youmake it seem like I grossly neglected to properly represent the pin.All I can say is as long as I receive my pin back in the conditionthat it was sent to you in I will be absolutely fine. You areinsinuating though that my pins are altered in some way, especiallybecause I purchase from other DPF users, and if that's the case Iwould highly suggest that EACH and EVERY individual here be VERYcautious when purchasing or trading with other users.

BTW8:42 PM is almost 12 AM in NYC; it seems like you are again trying tomanipulate what I'm saying as to make itseem exaggerated or fictitious I'd also like tomention that feedback from 2-3 years ago hardly portrays a traderscurrent trading practices. Anyone could have easily taken over youraccount within that time-frame. As a matter of fact, any feedback oneBay that is older than 1 year is not considered current; nor is itreflected on eBay's feedback rating anymore. There really should besome similar standards set for DPF and PinPics feedback. I too havehundreds of feedback ratings on eBay with a 100% review. If Iincluded all 3 of my eBay accounts in the total number of feedback Ihave it would be well over 2500 reviews.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Istill have a hard time understanding how a 'veteran' trader couldmix-up 2 clearly distinct pins like this. Not only did I inform youwhere I received my pin from, and that is was not on its originalcard, but I also sent you pictures of the pin to display its qualityto the best of my ability. I said the pin was in "excellent condition" as I am no professional grader and I know everyone's standards for what is considered to be new is different, but I know my pin was 'doctored.' As far as this glaze you mention on mypin....I HAVE NEVER noticed such a blemish! As a matter of fact,another marquee I purchased from a DPF user here also has an enamelfinish on the pin done a little sloppy. Unfortunately, that doesn'tmean it was doctored, but its just the new standard of quality thatDisney is making pins now-a-days.

I do feel cheated in thistrade though...your right, because I did everything I felt I couldhave done to provide a reasonable trade and still some how I ended upwith the wrong pin and a claim that my pin is defective. Anyone I'vetraded with in the past knows, that even though I am willing tocompromise on older pins' condition and quality, I am very particularand always ask a standard set of questions in reference to conditionand quality before agreeing to make a trade or purchase. At this point, Ijust want this to be over and done with because its been nothing, buta headache for me which I already have a huge condition dealing with!In addition to time, money, effort and shipping supplies beingcompletely wasted.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]AsKathi mentioned, I package my pins with ample protection to ensure asafe and speedy delivery. You e-mailing me images of the pin I wassuppose to receive after the fact of this whole scenario is a slap inthe face. You didn't seem to mistaken the pin now, nor did you forgetto mention how "important" these pins were to you to thePinPics moderator. In fact, they were so important to you because youattended the release of these pins and stated: “trading them wouldnot be easy.†My purpose of posting this thread is because NEWtraders need to be aware that things like this can happen on PinPicsand DPF. I was also hoping that someone might cross this threadwho possessed the pin and would be willing to sell or trade it to meafter hearing my situation.

I'm not saying your unethicalKathi, but who's to say that you can't simply replace the pin I sentwith a defective one? You technically don't have any current feedback and you've made this trade pretty difficult already. These pins are not one-of-a-kind and when yourdealing with such high-value pins it's imperative to be absolutelyclear about what is being traded. I must have had the conversationwith you about our trade 3 or 4 times before we decided to moveforward with it. How the mix-up happened IDK. Did you intentionallysend me the wrong pin in hopes that I would settle for the incorrecttrade? IDK, but at this point I just want my pin back and you willgladly get yours in return. I just hope I receive it in the samecondition in which it was sent to you, because as I mentioned to thePinPics moderator, if it arrives in anything other than the way Isent it: I will be moving through the channels of a moderator. I'dalso like to state that this post never physically addressed youKathi, you put yourself out there, as I kept within the DPFguidelines and left the traders identity anonymous. So the last thingI better get is heat from a moderator about this thread! That wouldbe complete and utter BS!
[/FONT]

I only have two things to say, not really related to this exact trade, so just take it for what it's worth. I think JohnJay you're a little overly focused on "new" vs. "used". I get that is your personal preference but good luck collecting pins long term and getting HTF pins you want if "still sealed" or unscratched is a prerequisite. Second, I have received many lopsided requests on pinpics from you. I know lots of people do it, I too sometimes send out feelers, but not at the amount I get from you. Probably 3 or 4 a week. More than "Occasionaly myself" as you put it.
Now, I completely understand if you got the entirely wrong pin, that is wrong and should be corrected. But if a pin has a tiny flaw, be it a scratch, tiny paint hole or dip, that is unavoidable. There is no grading system for pins. These aren't manufacutred to crazy tolerances in a jewelry factory. Pins have defects. Most try to look them over with their naked eye at time of purchase but you can't always see everything through plastic or with different lighting. I think you will enjoy the hobby more if you tone it down on the whole 20-point inspection thing. Just my observation.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Markhow do you figure I “overly focus on 'new' vs. 'used' pins?†Thisthread wasn't even about that. It was about a trade mix-up throughPinPics and me hoping to find another trader who had the pin and waswilling to sell or trade to me. You are by far one of the mostarrogant individuals on DPF and PinPics; had I knownthat I was sending trade request to you I would have gladly retractedANY and ALL offers: if that's even possible. Please PM me if you areaware of how to go about that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Ialso NEVER stated that I don't send out uneven trade request. As Isaid in the OP it can become a little confusing after you go througha few hundred pins on PinPics looking under “What could I trade toget this pin?†and “What could I get for trading this pin?†Ican't even begin to tell you how many e-mails I receive in referenceto how unlikable you are as a person! What does that say about you?Not that a even care, but you need to fix your attitude because clearly you get way too much such excitement out of constantly belittling and shunning others!Just my opinion! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Lasttime I checked the purpose of PinPics is the prompt Disney pintrading. So I apologize if you've received a number of undesirabletrade request from me, but I am just trying to be an active participant! I amalso 100% with you in that if I had sent out the wrong pin I wouldhave done what I needed to do to correct the issue: its the onlyright thing to do. I also agree that certain tiny flaws, scratchesand paint holes/dips are unavoidable. And I quote from my originalpost: “because all pins are somewhat hand-made or physicallytouched-up on during the final production stages there is noguarantee that all pins have the same condition or quality.â€However, just because it has become a set standard that Disneymanufactures pins many times with notable flaws doesn't mean that it should goundisclosed. That's why this situation is particularly upsetting tome because if even you Mark know that I can be quite particular aboutmy pins, than why in the world would I misrepresent a pin like myLittle Mermaid marquee if I was trading it (one of my grails) foranother Ariel grail pin?

I would also think that its not too much a stretch to have a '20-point inspection thing' for pins that are valued above a certain amount. To turn a blind eye to a blemish on anything over $100 is extremely generous in my opinion and I would feel overwhelmingly guilty having done something that. Anyway, this thread is closing now because I will avoid the drama before it continues. If anyone has the pin I am looking for and is willing to trade, sell or any combination of the two for it please contact me. If Mark or Kathi should need to contact me any further in reference to this please contact me through a private message.

Thank you
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back