• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Trying to throw away my scrappers! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to throw away my scrappers! Help!

wmcdow

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My wife and I have gone to Disney World every year (except this year) since we've been married. I've collected a lot of pins through buying and trading. I'm worried about some of the pins I've traded for and am trying to learn as much as I can about scrappers.

http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm

Are all of the pins listed here for sure scrappers? Were they ever real? This will help me weed out my collection as I have a lot of these.

pinpics: 68868 and 73629 why are there 2 of these? Is one of them for sure a fake? How can I tell if mine's fake?

I'm definitely a newbie! I'll take any advice given :D

pinpics: 68868 and 73629 why are there 2 of these? Is one of them for sure a fake? How can I tell if mine's fake?

Pin #73629 is the Artist Proof version of the #68868. When a pin is run, certain ones are taken to proof, or double check, the quality of the pin run. These are Artist Proofs. They make their way into the trading community through Pin Events, Cast Members, or Scoop at the parks.

My wife and I have gone to Disney World every year (except this year) since we've been married. I've collected a lot of pins through buying and trading. I'm worried about some of the pins I've traded for and am trying to learn as much as I can about scrappers.

http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm

Are all of the pins listed here for sure scrappers? Were they ever real? This will help me weed out my collection as I have a lot of these.

I'm definitely a newbie! I'll take any advice given :D

Yes they were real,it's just that alot have become targets for the people who manufacture the scrappers

pinpics 73629 is the artist proof version of 68868,A/P is a designation given to pins and are better than the regular release.
Does yours have the letters A/P on the back anywhere?If so it is the artist proof version ^_^

If this already exists, let me / us know.

It might be interesting to have DPFers post their scrapper / fake / counterfeit / etc. pins with actual pictures showing the flaws. And if there is a pinpic number of the real or fake pin that would be good to provide also. I think I will put a list of mine together to share.

If this already exists, let me / us know.

It might be interesting to have DPFers post their scrapper / fake / counterfeit / etc. pins with actual pictures showing the flaws. And if there is a pinpic number of the real or fake pin that would be good to provide also. I think I will put a list of mine together to share.

I found a scrapper and took pictures of it next to the real pin. Check it out in the comparison board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back