• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Value of pin 550 Animal Kingdom Elephant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Value of pin 550 Animal Kingdom Elephant

squidget

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hello all, I am curious about making a fair trade for this pin. Value wise does anyone have an idea what it would be worth (on pinpics it says 9$, on ebay its going for around $19-$29) Also if anyone could give me an idea of a fair trade. I've been offered two magical mystery pins for it...
Anyway any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

The old rack pins can be interesting. One day they can go for $30, the next day you can be the only bidder on a $4.99 opening bid. All depends on who is searching for it on a particular day. I can tell you this pin was sold for a couple of years, and both in WDW and at DL (there was a period where they intentionally sold pins originating from the other coast on the other). So it's not a rare pin, in terms of numbers produced, but it is harder to find now because they are in the hands of people who collected a long time ago.

The magical mystery pins, I would confirm that they are authentic, as they are the type that has a tendency to be counterfeited. Otherwise, it's what you are comfortable with. Usually, with this older stuff, I try to find a pin with a similar "vintage" because value can fluctuate dramatically.

There are more people wanting than trading, however it's only 19 to 13. What's the trade to want ratio on the pins you're being offered? What's the $ value? Most importantly, how much do you want the pin vs how much do you want the other pins?

Evey method of valuation pales in comparison to what you want. If you want to make the trade, do it. If you feel you are being offered a fair trade , take it. If you think you can do better , wait.

Do as hopemax suggests, make sure they're real.

I've just reread the post, and boy do I sound serious. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back