• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Very Hot Pin: Pin 98001: DSF - Jumbo Ariel - Surprise Release - Ends 12/19/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Very Hot Pin: Pin 98001: DSF - Jumbo Ariel - Surprise Release - Ends 12/19/13

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
The last Friday the 13th of 2013 is over, and we are in the last home stretch before Christmas, so it is time for another auction. For auction today, is a pin I have been getting daily trade requests for, so this is definitely a hot and highly sought after pin. You are bidding on

Pin 98001: DSF - Jumbo Ariel - Surprise Release
pin98001

Some stats about it from PinPics:
Class: Disney Pins
Origin: Disney Soda Fountain
Type: Public
Limited Edition: 200 Pins
SKU Number: 4 00909 11931 3
Original Price: $18.95
Released: 9/13/13
Retired: 9/13/13
Categories: Pin on Pin; Feature Film; Jumbo; Surprise/Mystery
Members Trading: 19 - I am one of these 19
Members Wanting: 246

Some info from it's PinPics' Listing:
This jumbo pin features a large Ariel bust with two pin on pin elements, one is Ariel and King Triton from The Little Mermaid. Ariel is placing a pink flower in her father's hair. The other is Ariel freshly transformed into a human and sitting in the water with Scuttle balancing on her new leg.

Size (in inches): 2.85 H x 3.0 W.

Gold-finished. Two posts, aligned vertically and centered. Posts are near the top and bottom of the pin.

The back of the pin has the usual rows of ice cream cones everyplace except inside the two boxes containing the copyright information, with every other cone upside down.

The two boxes of copyright information are aligned vertically and centered on the back of the pin between the two posts. Both boxes are recessed a bit and the copyright info is placed on top of the recessed area. Top box has the DSF&SS logo. Bottom box has three lines, each centered:
Limited Edition 200
© Disney
China

The backs of the portions of the 3D elements that extend past the back of the pin do not have the ice cream cone pattern, they have a sandblast/pebble-like finish.

Stamped in black ink to the left of the top copyright box, aligned at a 45-degree angle to it, is the following: P923-3170-4-13183. This same number is stamped on the back of the card.

The pin is on it's original card and in it's original plastic!

Rules of the Auction:
1) All Bids must be placed by Thursday 12/19/13, 9:00 PM PST Time. A winner will be posted early on 12/20 (not too early though, LOL). If the boards are down for any form of extended period of time, the auction will be extended accordingly.
2) All Bids MUST be posted in this thread, please no PM bids.
3) If I have any questions about a bid, I will PM the poster (i.e. does it come on it's card, etc)
4) You may change your bid at any time before the deadline
5) I will try to do a leader board at least once a day!

Items I am Looking for/Not Looking for:
1) I realize I have a "Limited" want list going after Scrooge McDucks, so I am open to non want list offers! Feel free to show me something I might be missing by not collecting!
2) I do not collect Hidden Mickeys!
3) Scrooges, Disney Themed Star Wars, Characters as other Characters, and Sorcerer Mickeys are our primary collections
4) Even if I have a pin as one of my collection items, feel free to consider offering it. It might work as a trader for one of our other wants!
5) I am thinking of starting new sub collections, like Marquees, Beloved Tales, Jessicas as pins, POMHs, etc, so I am open to ideas!
6) This is a chance to win a highly sought after pin!!

To help those see what I am looking for:
PinPics ID: Broncobilly83's wants

Feel free to post/PM any QUESTIONS you might have and I will respond ASAP. Good Luck to everyone and have fun!

Here is a picture of the actual pin, still in it's original plastic
attachment.php

Last edited:
I bid 2 Regal movie passes to see Saving Mr. Banks and Pin 88487: DSF - Beloved Tales - Mary Poppins

Well, with 4 bids, and some watchers, it is time for the first leader board. As of 8:30 AM on Sunday, it stands at:

1) The Wise One
1) Disneytechgeek
2) fluffycat1 - Though just for the pin, due to work schedules, it might be hard for Betsy and I to take advantage of the movie tickets while it is still in theaters, LOL
3) pin2pin1

What! Miss the movie :nono: Ok, withdrawal original bid and instead offer Pin 78639: DSF - Beloved Tales Series - Peter Pan

I'll bid your choice of any two:

any pin from the Stitch Be My Valentine Set
any pin from the Stitch vs Villains set
any pinGuest Star Stitch set
Pin 45521: DisneyShopping.com - Stitch as Steamboat WilliePin 54555: DisneyShopping.com - 'Stitch As' Series (Winnie the Pooh)
Pin 86298 (Costume Stitch and Scrump: Cars 2)

Pin 90007 (- Piece of Disney Movies - Tangled)

Pin 93075 (- Piece of Disney Movies - Beauty and the Beast)

The last Friday the 13th of 2013 is over, and we are in the last home stretch before Christmas, so it is time for another auction. For auction today, is a pin I have been getting daily trade requests for, so this is definitely a hot and highly sought after pin. You are bidding on

Pin 98001: DSF - Jumbo Ariel - Surprise Release
pin98001

I will post a new leader board shortly, as there is a post that needs approval due to being a relatively newer poster, and I have asked Dancecats for help with that, as I did not want to "Moderate" posts in my own auction, LOL!

I have not seen DanceCats on all day, so I went ahead and "moderated" the post, so all posts are now showing in the thread so I can do an updated leader board.

As of 4:30 PM on Monday:
1) Lois Blaine - Though undecided as to what I want for the choice of two, can you post the POMH scenes?
2) fluffycat1
3) fordracing31
3) Disneytechgeek

Oh God this is my current holiest of holy grails. I am bidding what I have from your wants:
Pin 82017 DLP - Tangled - Booster Set
+
Pin 98462 Disney Store Europe- Rapunzel and Maximus
+
Pin 98983 DLP - Pin Trading Event - The Christmas of Rapunzel - Maximus as a reindeer

Can also throw in the other part of the sleigh: Pin 98982 DLP - Pin Trading Event - The Christmas of Rapunzel - Rapunzel and Flynn on a sleigh or another LE 700 from the event.

I'll bid
1)Pin 95773: DSF - Beloved Tales - Enchanted (new on card)
2)Pin 97849: Disney's Frozen Opening Day Olaf Pin (new on card)
3)Pin 95627: Finding Nemo - 10th Anniversary (new on card)

Well, we are coming down to the final 48 hours of the auction (barring any major outages).

As of 2:00 PM on Tuesday, the leader board stands at:
1) Lois Blaine with these two pins, (though it might change once I see pictures of the PODMs):
Pin 67921: DisneyShopping.com - Be my Valentine - Stitch - 6 Pin Set (Jessica Only)
Pin 70288: DisneyStore.com - 6-Pc. Stitch Versus Disney Villains Pin Set (Stitch vs. Maleficent Dragon only)
2) fluffycat1
2) CarlandEllie
3) iluvpirate

I'll add:

Pin 35538: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Stitch in Magic Mirror with Evil Queen
Pin 34529: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Stitch & Snow White Dancing

to my original bid of:

Pin 90462: DSF - Beloved Tales - Oliver and Company

I will bid:
Pin 94703: DSF - Pin Trader's Delight - Rapunzel
Pin 95787: DSF - Pin Trader's Delight - Kevin #1 - GWP

Both still in their original baggies :)