• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! Villains Letter Set Co-Op - Closed - See Post 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! Villains Letter Set Co-Op - Closed - See Post 14

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
348   0   0
update November 10: The first list is filled up. I am currently accepting names for a second list.

Imagination-Gala-2014-043.jpg

This pin set was previewed at the Gala. I'm interested in Scar, but will only buy the set if people want all the other pins.

The price has not been announced yet, but the price for each pin will be the at-cost set price divided evenly between the 8 pins. I am an annual passholder so I will factor in my discount to the price. Buyers to pay actual shipping and paypal fee costs.

(Also note that when I get the pins is largely dependent on when the set is released. I will be going out of town from October 11th through the Avengers run weekend in mid-November, so if the set is released in that timeframe I won't be able to pick it up until I get back.)

Cruella V - bportahh
Hook I - sbmpins
Evil Queen L - Rocke01
Jafar L - kimkinsey97
Ursula A - Rocke01
Hades I - bportahh
Maleficent N - disneypinqueen
Scar S - timeerkat

Reserve set:

Cruella V -
Hook I -
Evil Queen L -
Jafar L -
Ursula A -
Hades I -
Maleficent N - Rocke01
Scar S - loomi

Second reserve set:

Cruella V -
Hook I -
Evil Queen L -
Jafar L -
Ursula A -
Hades I -
Maleficent N - disneydreamer
Scar S -

*Update 10-25* The price of the set will be $125. The exact breakdown is in my post below, but plan for about $13.50 plus shipping and paypal fees for each pin.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in Scar on reserve set, if you manage to get it and depending on price :- )

Added up to here.

I will be sure to update everyone on the actual price per pin once the set price is announced.

Update - I was informed that the price is $125 for the set. I'm not sure if this is including tax, but assuming it's not, the price breakdown *should* be as follows:

$125 base price
8% sales tax = $10

$135

Minus 20% passholder discount = $27 off

= $108 total

Divided by 8 pins = $13.50 each pin plus actual shipping costs.

Note that this price may change slightly depending on if the price includes tax or not and if the tax is applied before or after the passholder discount. I will know for sure when I go to Disneyland for the Avengers run weekend, but for now plan that the price will be around the calculated amount above.

Price sounds great to me, I would still be very interested in an S... *prods more people to sign up for reserve set* :)

I am interested in the Evil Queen, Ursula and Maleficent but only if you do the reserve set. It is kind of a deal breaker if I can not get a Mallie as she is the main one I want.

Would you like me to fill in your three requested slots all on the reserve set, then? sbmpins pmed me requesting the I, so your Evil Queen and Ursula would be the last pins needed for the original set.

If you would like all three slots to be from the reserve set, I think I can still justify getting the first set price-wise and using Ursula and Evil Queen as traders. I would just need to wait for the reserve set to finish filling out before buying that one, so it may take awhile.

In any case, I will be at Disneyland next weekend for the Avengers run, and can confirm the prices and buy the first set while I'm there. I won't ask for the money to be sent until I can confirm in person the actual price and have the pins in hand.

give me the two in the first set and the Mallie in the reserve. I want to make sure I get them and the reserve set may never fill up. Thanks

Last edited:
I went to every pin store I could this past weekend, and no one had the set. And from what I've been seeing on Facebook, it's unlikely that they'll have more. I guess it was released last year and this year they were just selling off the remainders?

Anyway, I will keep checking back over the next few months when I visit, but as of now consider this an unfulfillable co-op. :sad:

This framed Villains "letter" set was displayed at the September Pin Event but I never seen it released at WDW. I was at the DTD Pin Center yesterday and asked a cluster of 3 CM's about this and got 3 different answers lol!!

One said "they never seen this set", one wasn't sure what I was asking about even with a picture, and one said "Oh we had that but it sold out". I politely said that I have been to DTD every other day in October and November and I never seen it at all, when exactly did you have it and sold all of them - the silence was deafening.

Did ANYONE see this set, or, do you have it?? If so, when/where did you obtain it?? THANKS!!

P.S. I am a gentle soul but it drives me nuts when people don't know something and just make it up to get rid of you.

Mike S
Figment919

Anybody starting this co-op up again? I've been seeing quite a few of this Villains pin set on "that auction site", so it looks like it must have become available somewhere at Disney. Just wondering. I'd sure like to have the Maleficent pin from it!

It is available at Disneyland, although I have no idea about the price. I just saw it at DTD this morning, in a case.

Thanks, starry_solo, for the info. I won an auction for this set a few days ago, for a not too bad price. At least I thought it was, compared to the several other auctions for it that were also running. I was thinking of starting my own co-op for the pins other than Maleficent. If the set is still available at Disney, though, it probably wouldn't be such a good idea. I might try anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back