• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL Vinylmation model fakes

VINYL Vinylmation model fakes

scrumpman

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Hi,
I have just started a new addiction with vinylmation 3" and 9" models and have a small collection just wanted to know for future
ref if there is fake/counterfeits around as I ve started trading in the a ds shop.
Just wanted to know what to look out for??? i.e. is there some way to tell if its counterfeit??

Thanks in advance :wiggle:
Scrumpman (UK)

Yes if you buy from eBay don't buy the ones with FE and FM in the title. You can mostly tell by checking the bottom (under the feet) there is a serial number / barcode :)

Not every Vinyl has the same kind of information on, such as some will have the artist name, or the 14 digit codes, or where it was sold, but since there is no standard, I'm not sure if there is an easy way to spot fakes. I just be careful when purchasing on that certain auction site. If it comes from Hong Kong, and is a lot cheaper than it should be, I don't trust it.

Hi,
Yeah I totally agree , I noticed when I checked last night some have codes some not (they where all purchased from DS)
I ve done one trade inshore and I would only take one if it had a card but I know some don t have cards i.e. like the one I got from DS store online Alice series it never had a card.
I wonder if there is easier ways to spot fakes (you know so you can tell when trading instore)

As I understand it they aren't really fakes just blemished ones that didn't meet standards and were thrown out. To me they are still Disney just with some errors. In my opinion the real negative is supporting the people who sell stolen items from the trash.

Fake vinyls are real they are real Disney vinyl solid or clear that have been airbrushed over on if you by on eBay stay away from Myjbd or anyone in australlia or in china australlia because now some are shipping out china but say there in australlia

Hi,
Yeah I ve see the bays auction I ve only every purchased one but from a seller in USA which was boxed and mint and it was delivered
very quickly to me in the UK
I would steer clear from china etc I agree

They are out there but don't end up in disney stores or parks too often. However, a lot of the outlet store ones do which kinda takes the fun out of trading. Also, watch out for ones that are real but severely damaged, have gotten a few of those from the parks. It's because little kids turn them in and cast members have a tough time saying they can't trade them.

I know this is an old thread, but another dead giveaway on eBay is lack of accessories. Any vinyls that come with accessories, ie: Animation 1 Fairy Godmother or Cast Member Exclusive Director Mickey. They never come with the fakes on eBay.

Hi
yeah its the same with war games figures made in china ,they never come with stat card. I never buy stuff like that from evilbay unless it come with original cards etc

Back