• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL Vinylmation...sucking me in - help!

VINYL Vinylmation...sucking me in - help!

DoomScarf

New DPF Member
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
Getting more in to Vinylmation haha. I'd like to make my own custom Kim Possible ones at some point, was wondering what the best paints to use on a Vinyl figure would be? And would it best to get a blank Vinyl to paint on or paint over an existing Vinyl figure?

Any help appreciated. :)

I think that the new molds are better than the old molds because it makes the character's face look less weird if it's a human character. You don't like the Kim possible from the animation 2 series???

I recently got sucked into vinylmations because of my boyfriends and that just means we're gonna be spending more money lol

ALSO! I heard model paint works on vinyls for customs.

Last edited:
I think that the new molds are better than the old molds because it makes the character's face look less weird if it's a human character. You don't like the Kim possible from the animation 2 series???

I recently got sucked into vinylmations because of my boyfriends and that just means we're gonna be spending more money lol

ALSO! I heard model paint works on vinyls for customs.

Thanks for the info for the old vs new mold. Didn't think of that. I do like the KP Vinylmation from Animation 2, got one myself (got a second one coming, that's signed, thanks to Laz ;)) I just wanted one for each of the other main characters. (Might do two for Ron, with and without pants. ;'D)

^^haha or Rufus! The naked mole rat! Wow that's awesome. Also if you make a custom you would have to use varnish I think. Some sort of base :)

^^haha or Rufus! The naked mole rat! Wow that's awesome. Also if you make a custom you would have to use varnish I think. Some sort of base :)

I was going to use a Jr. figure for Rufus. :) And also a grappling hook and Kimmunicator for Kim/Ron to hold out of Sculpey or something. What would I use varnish for? For the base or the gloss or something? (n00b at this stuff.)

Last edited:
Omg a little Rufus! Hm I'm not sure. I just know that the varnish is to hold paint. I saw that online about a week ago. I just search how to make a custom vinylmation.

Personally, I use Acrylic paints on any Vinyl toy I paint, although, if you're painting over a design, then more coats will be required to cover it entirely. On my next ones, I'm thinking of trying Plasti-kote spray paint for a primer, since I think it'll produce thinner layers. I know Stitch2814 uses model paints (the one's you get from Games Workshop) but I have no experience with those, although I think the range of colours may be more limited. I know of a lot of people who do use a spray varnish, since I think it just protects the paint finish a bit more, but I've actually never used it.

I bought one and it got me sucked in..now I have a huge shelf of them...traded my extras at the DS yesterday and got 2 news ones
Judy

You go Judy!!!!

I miss the old mold too!!!! I liked them much better.....

Looking forward to the 25th Anniversay Set & Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs :)

Dana :)

I wish I had focused more on pins than vinyls solely due to their portability. My sister has all her pins in books in a milk crate, my vinyls are taking over my house! haha

Back