• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wdi chip&dale sorcerer hat pin is this real or a scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wdi chip&dale sorcerer hat pin is this real or a scrapper?

Damiens pins

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Hi I won this pin on a auction on here and I received it today but the pin seems to have ruthe edges and there is a paint dip on dales eye and a dip on his nose and the pin is gold but all my other wdi sorcerer hat pins are silver hope some one can help me out many thanks Damien

image1_zpsc0230da1.jpg

image2_zps7d8663d8.jpg

I seem to recall that the gold backs are the fakes and the silver backs are real.

There are fake WDI sorcerer hats of:
chip & dale
figment
madame leota
lady tremaine

and I think one or two more.

On pin pics it says that this pin is gold and that its a fake if its silver. I don't know but its what it says on pin pics at least.

On pin pics it says that this pin is gold and that its a fake if its silver. I don't know but its what it says on pin pics at least.

Ok thanks the edges of this pin is ruthe and not smoothe and there are dips on this pin aswell and the colour isn't right it looks very flat this is the secound time I've been given a scrapper and I'm now giving up on getting this pin I've asked for my pin back and I will send them this one back also thanks for all your help

Last edited:
okay, I did some searching (had to google it):

Walt Disney Imagineering has released a series of pins entitled Characters Sorcerers, and each pin depicts a Disney character wearing the Sorcerer Hat worn by in Fantasia.

This listing is for the Chip and Dale pin and on Dale's head is the blue with grey stars and crescent moon sorcerer's hat.

It come on a blue backer card with the word "Characters" in silver above the pin and the word "Sorcerers" in silver below the pin.

The back of the pin has two horizontal pin posts on a gold sorcerer hat waffle pattern. In the middle is has:
Walt Disney Imagineering
Imagineer Exclusive
Limited Edition 250
©Disney China

Li, you :rock:ROCK... I for one, thank you for researching and posting this info! :)

okay, I did some searching (had to google it):

Walt Disney Imagineering has released a series of pins entitled Characters Sorcerers, and each pin depicts a Disney character wearing the Sorcerer Hat worn by in Fantasia.

This listing is for the Chip and Dale pin and on Dale's head is the blue with grey stars and crescent moon sorcerer's hat.

It come on a blue backer card with the word "Characters" in silver above the pin and the word "Sorcerers" in silver below the pin.

The back of the pin has two horizontal pin posts on a gold sorcerer hat waffle pattern. In the middle is has:
Walt Disney Imagineering
Imagineer Exclusive
Limited Edition 250
©Disney China

Ok thankyou everyone im going to send this pin back to the person I got it from as its got the dips on it and the colour is very flat on this one compared to my other wdi hats thanks for all your help damien

I don't see a problem with ensuring legitimacy, and although you didn't name names, there are only so many of those pins in auction...I knew who auctioned it...perhaps you could have left that tid bit out as it was unnecessary. I hope y'all can resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back