WDI profile backings?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Moonie, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Moonie

Moonie Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hello!! I realize I have a fair amount of leftover WDI heroine backing cards I honestly just do not need, and wonder if it’s worth throwing these onto eBay/here. I definitely would not ask much - maybe $5-$10 each? with the intent of providing them to collectors who traded or bought profiles without their cards and want it to be “complete”.

I wanted to ask here bc I definitely did not wanna be the crazy gal asking people to buy cardboard if it’s Not a Thing, LOL.

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Interesting thought. I have never bought packaging before. Hopefully someone can help.

3. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I'm pretty sure they would sell, but I don't think the people buying them are who you think they will be. I think they are far more likely to be grabbed up by scrappers/counterfeiters to make their pins look more legit.

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

I think you should keep and label the backer cards. You never know if you need to sell them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

shooting4ownhand and mybabykelly like this.
  5. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

I agree with AJK.

momin.ator likes this.
  6. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Yes, this is a good point.

7. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    73   0   0

If you sell them, I would try to do it on here. I agree if you sold them elsewhere, they would be bought by counterfeiters. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in them so I would save them.

8. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

This! Even though you may not plan to sell now, if an emergency arises or if you ever have a change of heart, having the backing card will increase its value by a significant amount. I’m always wary myself to buy a pin without the original card because there are so many scrappers going around.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    starry_solo likes this.
  9. Moonie

Moonie Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Fair points, everyone! I’ll hold on to ‘em. But if any DPFer wants one, dm me!

starry_solo likes this.