• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDI Profile Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDI Profile Collection

Badockins

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So I know these pins are expensive, but I have slowly started a collection. Right now I just have Aladdin, Hercules, Prince Charming, Tarzan, Phoebus, and John Smith. I'm going to slow work my way from the cheap ones to the more expensive.

So question... are they done with Profiles? It seems like there are so many characters left that should and could be perfect for this series.

Also, I would love to see any collections of Profiles that you have!

So I know these pins are expensive, but I have slowly started a collection. Right now I just have Aladdin, Hercules, Prince Charming, Tarzan, Phoebus, and John Smith. I'm going to slow work my way from the cheap ones to the more expensive.

So question... are they done with Profiles? It seems like there are so many characters left that should and could be perfect for this series.

Also, I would love to see any collections of Profiles that you have!

I hope they are done! But so far they have done villains, heroines, and heroes. I suppose they could do a sidekicks one....

To answer your other question, I started out with Belle and Mulan, which are mine & sis' primary collection. Then, during various pin events, as people wanted to trade for pins rather than buy, we slowly collected more and more, til we got to 15!

I hope they are done! But so far they have done villains, heroines, and heroes. I suppose they could do a sidekicks one....

To answer your other question, I started out with Belle and Mulan, which are mine & sis' primary collection. Then, during various pin events, as people wanted to trade for pins rather than buy, we slowly collected more and more, til we got to 15!

I would love to see your collection if you ever share it!

I personally don't I will ever be able to get a hold of good enough traders to own any, which is a shame as they are beautiful. I would love to see what sort of pins people have traded for them! (rather than Profile for Profile). I assume other WDIS, PTDS, DAs etc?

I also don't have the excess cash or would feel comfortable paying such a high amount for something that may lose value or I may not like in the future (All my tattoos are evidence I change my mind alot haha!)
So I will live vicariously through all of your collections!

Through some amazing trading, I have all the profiles I need for my collections. The only one that eludes me is the Stitch profile, for my daughter's collection.

I traded for all of the profiles in my collection. My starting point has always been DSSH pins... Although sometimes I had to trade twice to get to the profiles. So the final trade could have included a WDI pin.

The only ones I've managed to get (All Villains) I either won in pin games of bought , I've added a few more to my pinpics wants but I very much doubt I'll be able to trade outright for any of them

There is a prevailing theory that they may do a sidekicks profile series. I really hope they do, if only because the leaked artwork for the Simba profile had Timon on it, and the one that was released took him off. A sidekicks series is, I think, the only chance that Timon will get a profile. I would also like to see a Pixar profile series to cover the Pixar movies not included in the other profile series so far. (Mainly because I am desperately hoping they do a set for Inside Out like they did for Big Hero 6. Maybe next year around the 5th anniversary?)

I have the profiles that fit into my collections - Simba, Nala, Scar, Judy Hopps, Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Prince John, Madam Mim, Calhoun, and Fix-It Felix. I also have Vanellope and Ralph. I'm only looking for one - King Candy - because I have the rest of the WiR profiles and would love to complete the set, though I've been debating just keeping Felix and Calhoun and putting Ralph and Vanellope into my traders.

I haven't traded anything except profiles for profiles, though I have traded profiles for other grails.

Last edited:
<-- Never getting a profile

(my collections are Alice, Queen of Hearts, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Hans, Belle, Beast, Gaston...so, yeah...)

maybe one day the Frozen guys will be obtainable. Otherwise, "airfare and hotel rooms."

I wonder if they would do a series for the main characters who didn't fit in the previous series, but they aren't sidekicks either. I'm thinking like Dumbo, Bambi, Pinocchio, even Pooh.

<-- Never getting a profile

(my collections are Alice, Queen of Hearts, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Hans, Belle, Beast, Gaston...so, yeah...)

maybe one day the Frozen guys will be obtainable. Otherwise, "airfare and hotel rooms."

I wonder if they would do a series for the main characters who didn't fit in the previous series, but they aren't sidekicks either. I'm thinking like Dumbo, Bambi, Pinocchio, even Pooh.
Dumbo and Pinocchio were the two biggest gaps that I was seeing as well. There are so many more characters that they could do.

I have only villains in my collections - Dr. Facilier, Jafar, Madame Mim, Shun Yu, and Prince John. (I got them right before they exploded in price.) I have Cruella and Madame Medusa, as well.

My list of WDI profiles....wait for it

giphy.gif

I'll have to go look again, but here's what sis & I have (that I can remember off the top of my head):

Belle, Mulan (the first two we got), Lilo, Jane, Calhoun, Mrs. Incredible, Milo (Atlantis), Ralph, Fix-it-Felix, Mr. Incredible, Frozone, Syndrome, Ratigan, Penny (or Jenny) - the gal from Oliver & Company who is holding the cat, and Quasimodo. All on original card, only Jane (and possibly Quasimodo) is/are missing the plastic.

I traded for Ariel profile (with non-profile pins) and then, that same day, traded Ariel for Belle & Mulan. Traded for the other profile pins with non-profile pins, except Ratigan, which I got in a DPT auction (like a week before the fakes hit from China).

I do have scrappers of the villains that came from China (traded really cheaply for them, like a $10 pin for each), mainly because when I see the real thing, I want to compare.

I’ve come into contact with a bunch over the last several months, like Pocahontas, Mulan, Alice, Pete, Shan Yu, Radcliffe, Big Bad Wolf, but it always seemed as soon as I would get one, I would just immediately trade it away for something for one of my collections.

Now I’m just left with the only ones I need: Ariel, Eric, Gaston, Hades, Meg, Hercules, and Yzma.

Jenny. :) In Disney movies there is one Jenny (Oliver and Company) - well, two if you count Dory's mom from Finding Dory - and two Pennys (Rescuers and Bolt). I feel that people get them confused quite often.
I do!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Jenny. :) In Disney movies there is one Jenny (Oliver and Company) - well, two if you count Dory's mom from Finding Dory - and two Pennys (Rescuers and Bolt). I feel that people get them confused quite often.
Three Pennys. One of the dalmatian puppies is called Penny.

Thematically they aren’t heroes, just victims of life.

A rather negative view … sorry as a fan of Pinocchio I just had to comment … Pinocchio wanted to be a real boy, he went out and got what he wanted … its a success story in my eyes … it says you can achieve anything you want, if you put yourself out there.

A rather negative view … sorry as a fan of Pinocchio I just had to comment … Pinocchio wanted to be a real boy, he went out and got what he wanted … its a success story in my eyes … it says you can achieve anything you want, if you put yourself out there.
Not what defines a hero. Just another person.

I have zero profiles. I just can’t bring myself to pay that much for a pin. I want a few of the Mickey’s. I thought the prices on those would be more reasonable, not reasonable enough for me.

Reactions: Ajk
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back