• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What DON'T you collect? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What DON'T you collect? Why?

Bluie

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So, some people think it is weird that I refuse to collect pins with a year on it as part of the design. To me, when you have a year posted on something it eventually becomes irrelevant. But if you have a pin without a year on it then it is always relevant.

What do you think?
What do you refuse to collect?

NOTE: After starting this thread I realized I am ok with years on Mickey Mouse Club pins and Partner Pins if the font is small..... But that is as far as I will tolerate it :)

Last edited:
I don't collect Stitch. I just never say him as an interesting character. I don't collect Haunted Mansion either. Otherwise, if I like it I collect it:)

I don't collect anything without Simba, his parents, Nala and Chip and Dale. Other than that, if I like a pin I'll buy it, like the Si and Am pin I saw, but I don't collect them. :p

I collect.......... ORANGE BIRDIES!!! LoL anyone Surprized??? so Shocking Right? ;D LoL <3 <3 <3

***ooops I totally read this post wrong lol, well hmmm I don't collect older HM pin's anymore unless I really Love them due to all the scrappers and fakes that are going around :( And I feel ya on the whole pins with years issue ;D Unless I was there that year, I don't collect it with years displayed on the front. ;)

Last edited:
I don't care for pins with years much either. I also do not collect Hidden Mickey pins. I refuse to ever collect anything that has to do with all the teen/pre-teen Disney Channel kids. I'll never even understand Disney making those kinds of pins...lol Other than that I'd say I do not really like pins of non animation movies (pirates, the newest Alice in Wonderland, etc).

I like so many pins. I have never been into just collection from one movie/theme. I love a variety.

Last edited:
I collect.......... ORANGE BIRDIES!!! LoL anyone Surprized??? so Shocking Right? ;D LoL <3 <3 <3

***ooops I totally read this post wrong lol, well hmmm I don't collect older HM pin's anymore unless I really Love them due to all the scrappers and fakes that are going around :( And I feel ya on the whole pins with years issue ;D Unless I was there that year, I don't collect it with years displayed on the front. ;)

Really?? I had no clue that you even liked the Orange bird!! ;)

I do not collect anything with the Princesses on it...never really got into them. For the years thing....I will only collect pins with years that mean something to me...like the first time I went to WDW, or a family reunion etc.

I don't really collect pins with situations/writing on it that have nothing to do with the movie/ride/etc. (holidays are sometimes an exception) because I collect pins based on my sentimental attachment to the characters and the movie. Also, I don't collect Sleeping Beauty pins in her pink dress unless the pin is really beautiful because it bothers me that the dress was made for her in blue and she spent the entire movie in a blue dress except for when her dress was changing colors. I'm also not a completist so I don't collect every single pin of every category I collect in.

Its a hit or miss for me on the Hidden Mickey pins. I refuse to collect Disney Channel. If I do I'll give them off to kids as PIFs or Zaps or just put on a cast members lanyard cause I figured a kid would see it and like it. I'll do a year pin but only if it is an important year to me. I have a couple 2006 year pins cause that is when I first started dating my handsome Fiancé. I have a couple pins from last year cause that was when I got proposed to. But that was about it.

Also I don't collect anything Tinkerbell or her friends. I can't stand them at all.

I don't really care for pins with years on it, or personalized name pins. I think I have one of those, and that's good enough for me since it's a memory one ^_^ I also don't normally collect pins where there is a name of a character or name of the movie or name of the park very blatantly on it (of course if the design really pops out to me, then there are exceptions to this one). I really like the pin to tell a story through the design, not through words... if that makes sense :lol:

i just say no to HM's, stitch, cheshire, haunted mansion, pirates and anything with years or too many letters! Ha! I'm surprised there is anything left for me to collect! And some of you have been lucky enough to see my "special" high school musical, etc collection...hee hee..........

No Jessica, no Tink, no Alice really, and now, we don't collect Stitch or Nightmare before Christmas anymore. Too too too much. Haunted Mansion is a HUGE collection, even narrowing it down to select characters/sets, so we are quickly eliminating other things. And no POMH here. It's just too much.

As for specifics, we don't really like words or numbers on our pins unless they're part of the design. A lot of pins with years on them get left out for us because, well, we weren't there. Having a 2005 Halloween pin in our collection seems strange when I didn't even know my husband in 2005, and we certainly weren't at Disneyland. Mostly I think words mess up the design of the pin, my personal aesthetic just doesn't get on well with words or dates I wasn't there for.

The Countdown to the Millennium is an exception to that, though!

Last edited:
As someone who collects almost everything, what I don't collect...

Most character pins. I have my 3 primary movies, DH has Rafiki and Pluto, and we have a couple that we pick up here and there but do not focus on them (Aristocats, Sword in the Stone, Guido & Luigi). This means the only Princess I collect is Belle.

The main part of my collection is park pins, but there are a few park things I don't do. I don't collect DCA pins, I don't do Master Gracey/Constance Haunted Mansion pins. Edit - I also don't do NBC Haunted Mansion pins either. I forgot about those, until I saw the pics of the mystery gingerbread set. These last two are more Disney's fault. They went pin overboard making HM pins with those two sub-themes. I actually quite like some of the NBC pins, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

Don't do live-action: POTC, Disney Channel, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

And no vinylmation.

Last edited:
I don't care much for live action stuff, like some of the movies or the teen shows. I collect only three particular princesses for personal reasons (Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora), with some Belle on occasion if I like the pin, but any other princess is a no for me, particularly Jasmine. I'm not big on the Pixar films, so none of that for me, and I don't care much for pins with years on them, either. The only holiday pins I like are Christmas or Halloween oriented so I don't keep anything from New Years, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. I do collect Peter Pan pins but I don't like any of them with Wendy included (another female character I have problems relating to and just can't bring myself to like). Though he's cute, I don't really want anything with Figment because I've never been to WDW and never really plan on going. I do want the one pin of him with 'Zehn' on it, but only because I'm putting together a collection of pins associated with Germany.

lol, wow, I'm picky. :p

I don't collect anything "mickified". For example: Star Wars! Goofy is NOT Chewbacca, stitch is NOT yoda, etc. Now, mickey and friends on the attractions is another thing, but Mickey is NOT Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, or Jack Sparrow!!! Just my two cents worth.

Just can't do Fab-5, Jessica, Chip and Dale, Villains, Alice and omg... no star wars or Tron. Sadly, I "said" I hated stitch pins for months, but I've somehow started to like stitch where he is crashing other movies I have lanyards for or is dressed as other disney characters...go figure. I've never even seen lilo and stitch (don't stone me!!!!).

And I also don't like how there has to be a jessica pin or a stitch pin where they are dressed in like every possible outift from every possible time/place/country/planet/inanimate object. Jessica as an astronaut? Stitch as a garbage man? Stitch on a lollipop? Jessica on a wrench? No thanks. Sorry, again... don't stone me!

I don't like collecting things other a lot of other people collect with the exception of UP and Ariel....my weaknesses

Go Wall-e and Remy!!!

Haha, Shocker!

This makes total sense to me.....
I will only collect pins with years that mean something to me...like the first time I went to WDW, or a family reunion etc.

I feel the same way....
I don't collect anything "mickified". For example: Star Wars! Goofy is NOT Chewbacca, stitch is NOT yoda, etc. Now, mickey and friends on the attractions is another thing, but Mickey is NOT Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, or Jack Sparrow!!! Just my two cents worth.

Thanks for the responses everyone! It's been great to read all your thoughts.

Hmm...pins I don't collect...
Well, that is a toughy, because I collect anything that looks cute or brings a good memory in my opinion.

The Rapunzel pin in my sig that's my holy grail is something that very much appeals to my artistic soul.

Getting back to what I DO NOT collect vs. what I'm interested, to be straight out- I don't collect anything I don't find artistically or emotionally appealing.
I like the Dateline 1955 pins, makes me wonder-how wonderful the 1950s must have been!
I like some of the star wars pins- but won't go out of my way to purchase them.

I don't collect princesses. I'v never felt any connection with the princesses of disney they are always the damsels in distress. Mulan is NOT a princess! I would probably happily have a mulan pin, if she was in her battle gar or riding on khan, but the princesses they just aren't for me. I love my animal flavour disney films ^_^!

Here's Stuff I won't collect, mind you this doesn't mean I might not have it for trading purposes.
1) Most Disney Channel/live action pins
2) Fairies pins(A few w/ tink is the exception),
3) "so 'CUTE' that I'll puke" pins.

I prefer to stay away from (most) Tinkerbell, Princess and Live action movie pins.
Blegh, those High School Musical pins make me want to puke a bit! Not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back