• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN GEAR What to do with growing pin collection

PIN GEAR What to do with growing pin collection

Rick195275

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I have come to realize we are quickly outgrowing our first pin board. It got me thinking to what would be next. Another board, a bigger board, a book for over flow and just keep the 1 board? So many options! How do you all out there handle your collections?

It's a problem, for sure!

I've done a couple of things to try and curb the flow. Hopefully, some of the tips can work for you, too!

-I try and define the space. Basically, I picked what kind of space I could allow for pins, and what that space would look like. I try and stay within those numbers.

-My space is basically one wall in my studio, and one wall in my bedroom. On that wall, I bought a kallax cube system from IKEA, and I put my binders in the cubes. Then, on top, I put the heavy cork boards. Then, on the wall, I hang the more light weight frames. I have a separate shelf for jumbos that I don't want to take out of boxes. That one has been tricky to display. I also have holiday boards that I bring out for that holiday only. My bedroom wall is a little different. I have a large etegare where I put frames and sets (think Designer sets), and then around them I put some of my coutre de force or Jim Shore figures. Works really well, but it's more of a display shelf for lots of Disney collectibles instead of "pin storage".

-I put large, eye catching pins on the boards, and park pins tend to go in the binders. Basically, anything that would be a waste to put on a board anyway I just put in binders. Disney auctions, ds.com, WDI, and DSF go on boards, usually.

I've done a couple of things to try and curb the flow. Hopefully, some of the tips can work for you, too!

-I try and define the space. Basically, I picked what kind of space I could allow for pins, and what that space would look like. I try and stay within those numbers.

-My space is basically one wall in my studio, and one wall in my bedroom. On that wall, I bought a kallax cube system from IKEA, and I put my binders in the cubes. Then, on top, I put the heavy cork boards. Then, on the wall, I hang the more light weight frames. I have a separate shelf for jumbos that I don't want to take out of boxes. That one has been tricky to display. I also have holiday boards that I bring out for that holiday only. My bedroom wall is a little different. I have a large etegare where I put frames and sets (think Designer sets), and then around them I put some of my coutre de force or Jim Shore figures. Works really well, but it's more of a display shelf for lots of Disney collectibles instead of "pin storage".

-I put large, eye catching pins on the boards, and park pins tend to go in the binders. Basically, anything that would be a waste to put on a board anyway I just put in binders. Disney auctions, ds.com, WDI, and DSF go on boards, usually.

Sounds amazing, photos please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds amazing, photos please

Haha! I'll see what I can do! I tried downloading Tapatalk to use, but they literally wanted me to like a bunch of communities (most of them were vaping, none of them were anywhere close to a hobby I had) and wouldn't let me do anything else until I selected some, and it sort of ticked me off so bad I quit out of it.

I guess I could go back to using a photo share community, but blech. I wonder if I could just share from Facebook's photo storage.

I would like to see this collection too! Thanks for the ideas!

I went from boards to Binders, still use both and now have an ikea hack project coming along think combination work bench, collection management. Will show when I get done, will take some time though as weekends been super busy.

I keep a very limited part of my collection on my walls. The vast majority are in binders.

Back