• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

~~~What would you do?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
~~~What would you do?"

tiggermickey

DPF Nut
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
1591   0   0
Hi Everyone
I need some advise here!I purchased a pin lot from a seller here on DPF!they had great refs no negs/neutrals
They communicated through the whole transaction.but heres my situation..first off they shipped for FREE
which I appreciate,they shipped in a bubble mailer,which is good,there was protection around the baggie the pins were in
another good thing..but when I took that protection off ..ALL the pins were in a sandwich bag...and the pins were thrown in
NO protection!!Now anyone who trades with me or I buy from knows,I am a stickler for pins coming my way to be protected
Maybe I am making a thing out of it..but it drives me crazy...I am sure the seller will see this..theres no offense to you whatsoever
but please,please,wrap them seperately!its not that much more to ship...and please any new trader that starts out in trading here
or any other pin trading forum,please ask how to ship when you agree to a trade...thats all I am asking here.And if you have a ?about it
do not hesitate to ask me or anyone here,we are here to advise you.I am leaving a ref now.So how would you leave a ref?I asking
for ALL of your advise here,any help on how to leave the ref would be great!

Thanks alot..Judy

first of all, I would write to the seller and discuss it with them before leaving a rating since you feel they need to be educated in proper pin packaging. That way they will know how you feel vs. your hope that they see the post.

Judy, I know you do not purchase on Ebay, but it happens to my purchases sometimes when i buy multiple pins.

After getting a rare Ariel pin damaged last year, I now take proactive steps. I ask the seller as politely as possible to wrap the pins individually (even paper kitchen towel would do) to avoid pins from rubbing to each other during transit. So far, 99% of people honored my request.

This being DPF, we expect our fellow traders/sellers be a wee bit more careful than the garden variety pin seller. But, if things are not up to your standards (and in this case I can clearly see why not), I think it is time to make a "how to prepare pins for shipping" thread with pics. I am sure many of our new friends would find such a thread useful.

As far as reference, that is up to you to decide. Were several of those pins scratched or were they saved by some miracle? If they are not really damaged, I would leave a positive with some comment like "Thank you for the great pin lot BUT pls remember to wrap them better next time"

Last edited:
Hi Selen
Thanks...I might do that...I probably will leave that kind of ref..I got a couple pins with slight damage
I could probably fix it..Judy

Yes, this bugs me too, and I have not left feedback because of it. An easy way to separate pins, is simply to put them on a piece of chipboard (like a leftover cereal box), or extra pin cards.

I hope I've never disappointed anyone with the way I ship pins, but i know sometimes people are just uneducated and don't think that anything will happen if you put them all in one bag. I save bubble wrap from every package I get and toss it in a box so I can layer it between the pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back