What's the story behind your avatar and/or pin-handle

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by halloweenfiend, Oct 6, 2019.

1. halloweenfiend

halloweenfiend You Had Me At "Pumpkin"!

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Russell is an wonderful character. I love that he has a service heart and lovingly strong-willed!

2. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

So I will play along...

My handle: Ksnuggles... my first name is Kristina. In high school I was given the name snuggles by my 1st boyfriend. He based it on the teddy bear for the laundry commercial snuggle brand. The commercial said the stuff always made you want to sunggle things out of the dryer and he said he wanted to do that no matter what. Sometimes you can find me on the internet, such as my email as Ksnug00.. which is ksnuggles shortened and added the year I graduated High School.

My avatar is simple. I collect Walt picture pins. There is a pin with this picture from club 33 that is one of my grails. However, it also reminds me that without Walt's dream we would never have these beloved characters or this hobby.

3. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I LOVE opera! Not all of it, but lots of it! Some of it the family likes, but most of the time I play it when they are not there or I go upstairs in the back room and play it on the surround sound by myself. :) Dad actually has gotten into some of it. Anna Netrebko's album, "Souvenirs" is actually his number one CD for in the car!

Gabriela Benackova, Mirella Freni, Leontyne Price, Dame Joan Sutherland, Sherrill Milnes, James Morris, Alfredo Kraus, Rise Stevens, Tebaldi . . . just to name a few. I have just discovered Dame Kiri Te Kenawa's crossover albums, and she is amazing! Nobody sings Kern like her! I'm going to have to get a few of her opera CDs.

Actually, maybe some of you don't know this, but Mary Costa (voice of Aurora) was a very amazing trained soprano who sang opera. Even at the MET!

halloweenfiend likes this.
  4. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

My name: So back in high school, I was a big anime fan, and I loved trying to cosplay! Well one year we did a whole group and we decided to go as the characters from a show called Weiß Kreuz (which the show itself was horrible, really, but we loved the art and the soundtracks), and I was a character named Omi! He's actually a teenage boy haha
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That was a really popular costume for me! I even knew another Omi cosplayer! But she was shy, ironically, so she said "No no, take pictures of this pretty Omi instead of me!" and so when I joined a lot of message boards, that was just what I came up with for my name!
    Over the years, when I started to create my own characters, and what not, I've just always used the name Omi, since I liked it so much, and that's honestly what 90% of people call me now IRL!

My Avatar:
    Whelp, being a furry, I have a fursona which represents me, that being Omi the wolf! I get a lot of artwork commissioned of her from time to time, usually to reflect my various interests, hobbies, or the change in season! I love to change my avatar on all my social media, and here is no different! I think I'm actually one of the few folks who changes my avatar every few months LOL. Here's a sampling of some of them!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SoraPandora and krand1276 like this.
  5. halloweenfiend

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

That's a nice avatar Kristina. I agree with you regarding Walt's dream. Although, if his brother, Roy, hadn't come into the picture I'm not sure Walt would have gotten so far. Roy had the business mind and Walt was the dreamer; the two together became unstoppable.

Do you still like anime? I love your new Halloween avatar...…...of course! :D

6. SoraPandora

SoraPandora I'm SoraPandora again!

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

My real name is Sara, but most of my close friends and family call me Sora. My parents actually named me after a relative who died in the Holocaust, who was called Sora. My parents changed it to Sara because they thought a less common name might get me teased.

Turns out Sara was one of the most common names the year I was born, and I always had at least one other Sara in my class, which got annoying. When I found out about my namesake, I demanded everyone I know begin calling me Sora instead. (These days I’m fine with people calling me either.)

A lot of people think the Sora in my name is referencing anime or Kingdom Hearts, but it’s not. Nor is the Pandora a reference to Avatar or charm bracelets - It just... rhymes. :)

My avatar is just a cartoon depiction of me from Bitmoji, with mouse ears added.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajk and krand1276 like this.
  7. gbdb4ever

gbdb4ever Greg and Debby

Rating - 100%
    384   0   0

Our ID Gbdb4ever is because we (Greg and Debby) (our initials) have been married for 35 years and plan to spend the rest of our time together. Our picture is Jessica Rabbit on a US Naval Flight Training Pensacola, Fl student/ class patch that someone gave to Greg, because he collects Jessica Rabbit and we are both retired Navy, currently living in Pensacola.

SoraPandora likes this.
  8. halloweenfiend

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I love the story behind your name! Your relative, Sora, must have been an incredible person to have survived the holocaust. I would have demanded to be call Sora also. :)

35 years! That's pretty awesome! And a perfect avatar for the two of you. Thank you for your service. :mickey2:

SoraPandora likes this.
  9. SoraPandora

SoraPandora I'm SoraPandora again!

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

Unfortunately, Sora didn’t survive - but her children, one of whom turned out to be my mother’s stepfather, did! :) I have a lot of awesome relatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krand1276 and halloweenfiend like this.
  10. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0

I'll play!

Snoffsan is a nickname my boyfriend when I was 15 called me it was about the same time I first started using internet and email so I used it as my username on everything to not use my real name. And it just kind of stuck with me. No one is calling me that anymore. LOL Was only him and for the few years we dated, but I already used it everywhere online so it was easier to just stick with it.

My picture is a picture if me LOL I am a Polka Dot Princess. I love Minne and everything about her! When I was a kid everyone, even my parents called me Minnie (or actually her Swedish name "Mimmi") I have always loved her and it is also the cause one of my main collections is Minnie. Another is Olaf, both because I love him and because my Husbands second name is Olaf (or the Swedish version of it "Olof")

11. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I do still like anime! I am nearly finished watching the entirity of InuYasha (which is nearly 200 episodes whoa), and eager for My Hero Academia season 4 to start this weekend!!

Ajk and halloweenfiend like this.
  12. GreyWyvern

GreyWyvern Figment Fan Since '84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

My favourite colour is grey. I like dragons. Wyverns are a kind of dragon. So... GreyWyvern.

My avatar is me visiting Epcot in '85 or '86!

I'm the one on the left.

13. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

My name isn't very exciting. Just my first name, and the first part of my last name.

My avatar is me at Disneyland Sept, 1980. With Fiddler & Practical Pig.

14. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    305   0   0

Timon is my favorite character, and he is a meerkat, so I took the two words and smooshed them together at the "m." :) I became timeerkat in 1997 when I signed up for AOL Instant Messenger and needed to come up with a username, and I like it enough and it's unique enough where it's been my username on literally everything I've done online since.

My avatar is Timon doing the hula. It's one of my favorite parts of the movie since it shows how far he'll go to help out his friends.

15. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

TonkaToy is the name of a horse I used to own. She is a Morgan Horse. When I moved to the States I left her behind in Canada with an awesome lady who still has her.
    Avatar is pretty self explanatory - Me and Chewy at the Launch Bay. Although not a super fan, I do love Star Wars.

16. halloweenfiend

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Well that explains your name. I like it!
    Morgans are great horses. Why was she named Tonkatoy?

17. halloweenfiend

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Have you read the Dragons of Pern series by Anne McCaffery? If not, I would highly recommend it.

GreyWyvern likes this.
  18. halloweenfiend

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

That's a long history for a handle!

19. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I love the Morgan Horses. Why was she named TonkaToy - I may have known the answer to that question at one time. Her registered name was Hollowbrook Tonka Toy. Hollowbrook was the farm name (breeder's). The Tonka Toy part probably had something to do with other names in her genealogy line. :eeyore:

20. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

Being a Villains collector, how can I go with anyone but SCAR!! He is the baddest of all the Villains IMO. The image is from an actual pin and the quote "I'm surrounded by idiots" has to be one of the best Villain lines in any Disney movie!! My handle, "Figment919" - Figment is my favorite "non-Villain" character but I DO NOT collect pins of him. "919" is my license plate, its easy to remember since I have no long term memory anymore lol!!

Mike S.

GreyWyvern likes this.
  21. halloweenfiend

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Scar is rather eloquent. I love that you collect villains; that sounds like a fun collection! How long do you think you'll keep the license plate? :p

22. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

I have had the license plate over 20 years already lol!!

23. GreyWyvern

GreyWyvern Figment Fan Since '84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I read the first three books, and Dragonsdawn, a long time ago. They were good, but the world didn't capture me and make me want to read the rest. Maybe my tastes have changed since then, who knows? I might give them another shot. :)

24. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    172   0   0

Theres an anime called Final Fantasy Unlimited. The end theme song is Romancing Train.

My online name for the last 18 years was Locke Delecroix, but one day I changed it as a joke to Romancing Train and then it stuck.

25. halloweenfiend

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Funny! :D
    What about your avatar?