Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dagashi Kashi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ajk

Let's party like its 2019.
Rating - 100%
152   0   0
The new live action Cowboy Bebop reminded me of how fantastic the original anime series is. Definitely one of the best. But is it #1? What do you think?

coblj003

DPF Charter Member
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
45   0   1
I can tell it speaks my age but I had to look up roughly half of these to even see what they were, probably having an “other” catagory would allow further discussion. That said, Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorites and is one of the few that has an excellent English Dub and superb soundtrack(have the playlist saved on Spotify).

I’ve only seen the first episode of the live action and I can see where the plotlines/LA logistics deviate; while jarring at times, I’m still on board with it but hope it doesn’t get cancelled(a very common Netflix issue) before it finishes it’s projected run. An interesting aspect is that they’ve meshed different tracks of the OG soundtrack including one(What Planet is This) originally featuring in the movie; I’m eager to listen to the new parts that Yoko Kanno was commissioned to produce for it…

Ajk

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I can tell it speaks my age but I had to look up roughly half of these to even see what they were, probably having an “other” catagory would allow further discussion. That said, Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorites and is one of the few that has an excellent English Dub and superb soundtrack(have the playlist saved on Spotify).

I’ve only seen the first episode of the live action and I can see where the plotlines/LA logistics deviate; while jarring at times, I’m still on board with it but hope it doesn’t get cancelled(a very common Netflix issue) before it finishes it’s projected run. An interesting aspect is that they’ve meshed different tracks of the OG soundtrack including one(What Planet is This) originally featuring in the movie; I’m eager to listen to the new parts that Yoko Kanno was commissioned to produce for it…
You’re definitely right that I should have included an “other”. (I tried changing it just now but looks like you can’t do that once you start a survey.). I definitely didn’t mean my list to be all encompassing. Just the ones I’ve seen and like the most. I encourage everyone to list their faves so we can hear what else is out there!

And the bebop music is awesome! Very glad they kept that.

Ajk

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
Old school. Speed Racer and Kimba the White Lion.
Old school indeed! I’m not sure why but I don’t think of speed racer as anime but more of just a cartoon. Maybe because he was mixed in with other Saturday morning fare. But it’s definitely anime.

Ajk

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
P.S. My wife is the anime (and general Japan) junky. The few I listed are the ones that she introduced me to that she enjoyed and thought I would too. There are many more she’s watched that I haven’t and tons that I would probably like but are not in a genre she enjoys so I’ll never know of them. :)