• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who am I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who am I.

froggerway

nobody cared then
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm not really new to pin collecting, but few people ever remember me. :wavey:

I am married to a military man and we move a lot so I no longer call any one place home although we currently reside in the southeastern U.S. Due to having to constantly relocate and find new jobs, I also rarely post my real name online (background checks are getting crazier and crazier); frogger works just fine for here, though. :)

I mostly collect cat pins, with a completist ambition towards Si&Am and Lucifer pins. My cat theme includes Stitch. Say what you will, but he definitely has more feline than canine characters. :cool:

Hi back, everyone. :hug:

Yes, tiggermickey, I was and still am on dizpins. Apparently I missed the meme though, and am still trying to figure out why so many flew one coop for another.:confused:

Howdy! Glad to see you ... in a cyber kinda way, lol! Ah the days of Dizpins! Yep, remember them well! Yes, please hang out with us! Best wishes on your kitty theme pin collecting! (I love kitties too, lol! ... oh and Stitch too!!) Happy New Year!!

HI!!! (waving wildly)....I'm a fellow kitty and Stitch lover. Look forward to see you around!
Christine

Well, now there's a name I haven't seen in about a million years (or like, seven lol)! Howdy froggerway! :) We traded a bit back in the day when my Wonderland collection was still small. Not so small now lol though still searching for just a FEW more older pins I still haven't found after all these years!

Glad you found your way back!

Quick history: Dizpins was closed by the owners, PinPics was sold by the owners and only a few of us are still around to remember the old place, old people and old ways. But some of us are still hanging in there! :) :cheshire:

Goodness, so many cat pin lovers in the house, LOL! Glad to meet and re-meet all of your acquaintances. :bigthumb:

Ah, Jabberwocky, even so many years ago and I don't remember your collection ever being small. Happy to see you're still around, but what happened to everyone else from the "old" days? Did they really leave? I may not have interacted with them a lot but I do miss the familiarity of the persons' names/collections.

LOL, I guess I never noticed the name change of dizpins. Yes, it went away but I just assumed the yuku boards and new pinpics that replaced it were a web evolution and not something entirely different. My bad.

Here's to old and new friendships alike! Thanks for the welcome (home), guys. :tigger::cheshire::stitch:

Ah, Jabberwocky, even so many years ago and I don't remember your collection ever being small. Happy to see you're still around, but what happened to everyone else from the "old" days? Did they really leave? I may not have interacted with them a lot but I do miss the familiarity of the persons' names/collections.

LOL, I guess I never noticed the name change of dizpins. Yes, it went away but I just assumed the yuku boards and new pinpics that replaced it were a web evolution and not something entirely different. My bad.

Here's to old and new friendships alike! Thanks for the welcome (home), guys. :tigger::cheshire::stitch:

Sadly SO many of the oldtimers are long gone from at least the online pin world. Some of them I think still stick around offline, maybe still collect and maybe still go to the September event at EPCOT, but all those who used to run our boards and our sites like Joette and Figgy and Britt are gone. Although Figgy and Britt will every once in a blue moon pop in to say hello.

But so few folks are left from the "classic" Dizpins days. I so miss that community. :(

So yeah, that yuku board is run by the people who bought PinPics. Totally different group, though again that community may still have a familiar name or two still hanging on. I think peachyshades is still over there if you remember her. Here the few from the DizPins days would include dancecats and tiggermickey and hopemax and -em and a few others who visit occasionally like tinytink and halloweenfiend. So some folks are still around. :)

And lol well, my collection started small... but it grew some! :D Still trying to track down those last few impossible stragglers that I'm still missing!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back