• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who would be the "go to" Collector for any specific topic area??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would be the "go to" Collector for any specific topic area??

figment919

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
I was wondering with all of our collective expertise out there who would consider themselves a "go to" person for questions about your collection specific area??

I have been collecting Villains for over 12 years and I think I can qualify, plus I know of 2/3 others in this "Villainous area" who can answer just about any questions about Villain related pins/events.

I think it would be great if we had a "knowledge resource" that one could go to for any area of expertise advice you would want for your collection interests.

What does everyone think??

Mike S.
Figment919

That's a cool idea. I'm no expert, but I have most of the Black Cauldron pins and a lot of Oswald. Other people may be more expert, though.

I'd be one for Jessica and Duffy...*maybe* certain Tinks (like, online ones, not Park ones). But that's about it...

I think most of the people I know in person are either the type who go after one or two characters, and could fall under the expert level, or they dabble in everything....like Laz. :)

I think if you're around long enough, you kind of acquire a good general knowledge, too.

I would like to think I'm the "go to" person for 101 Dalmatians...but my knowledge may need to be put to the test.
I might also be able to help where the less popular pins are concerned. Such as pins from Black Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Oliver & Company, and Frankenweenie.

I am the expert for Disney security badges, tour guide pins, vintage costume pieces, and cast member nametags. Nobody has more of them than me.

My collection is obscure enough to make me an expert! Maybe... 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Discoveryland, DLP Space Mountain, Mysterious Island, Journey to the Center of the Earth, etc. (the connecting thread is Jules Verne :) ). I've also been learning a lot about Fantasia pins recently (and how unattainable they are).

fireheadfred for Tangled and starry_solo for Mulan.

I don't even know why. They just immediately pop up when I think of Tangled and Mulan.

i would say hopemax and i can represent.the 'early years' rather well.. i would.say that for all but the higher end princess & villians, i can hold my own on pretty much anything being able to identify 6 & value (and scrapper check)... while i may not collect everything ive paid good.attention :)96

I have collected Jessica Rabbit merchandise since the movie came out...so about 25 years now! :D I can probably help with Jessica questions for sure!!! :bigthumb:

I could make you feel so old right now... :lol:

But you'd definitely be the one I'd ask anything Jessica related.

:rofl: Hey now!!!! ;) I cannot help it you are just a baby! :lol: I may be old, but feel like I should still look in the mirror and see a 16 year old! Ha ha! :D Thank you my friend!!! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!! :hug:

You all just make me hope that maybe one day I will be an expert in something, haha!

Give me a few years... I tend to get really obsessive about my hobbies anyway!

:D

I have all of the Minnie Moonlight Madness (and non-MMM pins), and almost all of the Magic Music Days, quite a few of the Club 33, and very many of the Boo. While I own them, I don’t have knowledge about when/where/how much, etc.

I DO have picture inventories with links to pinpics pages of all of these “sets.” I could send those to people who want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back