• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Whodunnit?!

ZAPPED! Whodunnit?!

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Today in the mail I received a VERY SPECIAL GIFT.

ef16b004d1042cc43c42044603a4fc5d.jpg

(No, not a real cat. Hold your horses. I'm not done mourning Miss Ashi yet.)

OK! Backstory time:

There is a line of little figurines called "Momiji dolls" that I have been obsessed with for years.

They are about three inches tall, hand painted resin, and they each have a tiny little cubby inside them to put a message for a friend.

Each doll has its own little personality, and is usually depicted wearing a costume or some sort of special outfit. They also have their own favorite things.

For years I have been obsessively watching their site for new dolls, and following them through email, Facebook, and Instagram. When a new doll comes out I love, I usually post it to my Pinterest wish list, and dream about the day I win the lottery and can afford to buy not only pins, but Momiji dolls as well.

It's sad, really.

Anyway, about a week ago, Momiji released a new doll:
62d43755080e8568a5b037ff784e51ed.jpg

I fell in love.

Why?
1. I am a cat lover.
2. I have a special place in my heart for tuxedo cats. (Hello? Figaro...)
3. I used to have purple hair, and probably still would if I were willing to deal with the upkeep.
4. I have this exact kigurumi!!!! (For those who do not know, a kigurumi is like a giant baggy animal onesie. It is a admittedly a very questionable fashion choice for adults, but I love mine, and I practically live in it when I am sick or depressed... which is like all the time, lately.)
So, in conclusion,
This doll is me.

91a2b2262a10f43e6877ec688931d4cd.jpg

Anyway I posted a picture of this amazing doll on FB saying I neeeeded it and promptly forgot that I did so because that's what I do. (Sorry, FB friends.)

FAST FORWARD LIKE ONE DAY:
I get an email from the friggin' CO-FOUNDER of MOMIJI saying I have a package on its way, and that's all he can say on the matter.

WHAAAATT?!!!?!!!

Then today (please note that I got this email YESTERDAY), I get the most magical mail in the world:

ed44557f7d25f8f199273422baaf53ce.jpg

af708cd00d602140aea17b108cac3235.jpg

But because we are living in a CRUEL, CRUEL WORLD, there was no note inside. No "from." No "return address" save for the Momiji headquarters itself.

WHYYYYY??!! Who did this???

9795839603d22d44d8ddca78ac8d1426.jpg

Please tell me. I need to love you.

28765515d3abb96ac6695befb6d5d063.jpg

P.S. In case anyone was wondering, my doll's favorite things are snacks and Cher. I also enjoy snacks and Cher. ❤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome surprise! I've never seen these little dolls but they are super cute and the one you received seems to be a perfect gift for you. Note on the side, you are very beautiful! Plus, there's nothing we adults can't wear with dignity! My teenage son loves those onesie pj''s, especially superheroes and tmnt and I am glad he is now taller than me because when he outgrows them I can keep them for myself! lol

Awesome gift! I saw Cher many moons ago and she is awesome in concert. I had a Cher album in the 70's and would put on my own Cher concerts. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is such a cool story! I think the mystery of the gift giver makes it so much more special. Kindness without need for recognition.

Fantastic zap. I was not familiar with Momiji and now must keep my eyes open for them! What a lovely surprise for you. Love the adult sized onsies! I have a pink unicorn that I sometimes wear when the weather is especially cold. Enjoy your doll!

Back