• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why is there not a counterfeit warning for this pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there not a counterfeit warning for this pin

bretu

Bret and Kelli
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
download
download
download

Pinpics doesn't have counterfeit warnings for a lot of the pins, though I could have sworn there were warnings on a ton of them before. Like a lot of the Hidden Mickey pins had warnings on them...at least, I think I remember they did, I might be wrong.

Anyway, as to what I think about the pin not having a hologram, be careful. I think I remember a thread months ago about a similar problem and one thought was that the hologram might have popped out. If there's a space for it and it's missing, it might be authentic and simply faulty. Don't take my word for it, though, I don't own any pins that should have holograms so I have no idea how easy it would be for one to come out.

Not all Disney Auction Pins had a hologram. It wasn't until Disney Auctions was almost done that they started placing the hologram on the back of the low LE Pins. It doesn't say anything on PinPics about their supposed to be a hologram on the back so I would assume that the pin did not have a hologram on the back. You might want to edit the post to ask anyone who might own this pin if the pin they have has the hologram on the back.

At one time this pin did have a warning on pinpics. Alot of the warnings have been deleted. Not all Disney Auction pins have holograms but I do remember there being counterfeits of this pin.

At one time this pin did have a warning on pinpics. Alot of the warnings have been deleted. Not all Disney Auction pins have holograms but I do remember there being counterfeits of this pin.

Not trying to derail the thread, but why were they deleted? Were some of them not true and there were warnings on pins that didn't exist or were people somehow hacking the system and removing them??? It sounds weird that a pin database wouldn't protect its users...

Not trying to derail the thread, but why were they deleted? Were some of them not true and there were warnings on pins that didn't exist or were people somehow hacking the system and removing them??? It sounds weird that a pin database wouldn't protect its users...

They were deleted because people would get a pin with manufacturer errors on it and immediately post there were fakes or scrappers. I own this pin. I'll have to dig it out to see about a hologram.

what is mentioned above, about people automatically saying there were fakes of the pin because they happened to get one that had defects is true. PinPics, if i understand correctly, is now requiring proof that a pin is counterfeit before they will post a warning.

Proof would be:
  • purchased directly from factories in China.
  • Pictures of severe differences that cannot be attributed to quality control.
  • Side by side pictures showing the issues.

If you want pinpics to be accurate, you gotta help em out folks. All those hidden mickeys they removed warning on need proof. Get a clean, good authentic and do a side by side photo with a counterfeit. Take measurements of metal thickness and wieght. Get high quality pics showing the color differences and paint issues.

Pin 47448: Disney Auctions - Father's Day 2006 (Ariel & King Triton) was being sold on ebay at the same time as Pin 47136 (Disney Auctions - Memorial Day 2006 (Roger and Jessica Rabbit)
and still has a warning. Same seller. If I could figure out why my pictures do not show up I will give you a picture.

I agree with pinpics. There should not be any scrapper alert unless there is solid proof. Too much scrapper phobia out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back