• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WHY would Lansam remove the Q&A thread and the chat log?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY would Lansam remove the Q&A thread and the chat log?
I could care less about the drama; I'm ignoring it as much as I can on here and on there. But, I would have liked to see the questions that were asked and what the answers for them were since I was unable to attend the chat or anything for that matter.
Very Well Said, Laz . I could care less about the drama and he said, she said, BS , I was actually skipping over the drama and reading what was important . I got only about half way through it .

Last edited:
Yenne, I believe you asked Lansam to repost the Q&A in a different thread for informational purposes:
I thought the Q&A and Answered PM threads were pretty informative and positive. Consider just moving them to a different forum for those who haven't had a chance to see them?
--March 29

Then on a subsequent post here, you stated this:
If I was a betting man, I'd think that for every one person who wants to see those threads, there are three people complaining about the drama. Most folks come to the forums to get a pin fix, and I suppose that the threads were ruining it. This is just my opinion.

The same thing happened here on DPF. Threads were created, became nasty, caused complaints, got deleted, caused more drama, and then were reinstated. Folks on both sides complain that they're unhappy no matter what decisions the mods make. This is pretty typical when one attempts to provide a free service to a community made up of individuals with a bunch of different personal goals, and Lansam is still developing its own comfort levels in responding to the feedback.

One thing that's certain is Lansam didn't anticipate this level of mixed support and animosity, and are still getting their sea legs in learning to deal with it. In the meantime, they'd like Pin Talk to stay positive and drama-free and I can't say that I blame them.
--March 30

So was the Q&A and chat informative, or was it nothing but drama? I am a little confused about your perspective on the matter as your thoughts are contradictory. I'd like to hope that you are thankful you are not a "betting man" because the majority of people posting on here were simply requesting that the threads be reinstated, which is different from the desire to start drama.

Just my two cents, but who am I, right? Just another member in the pin trading community searching for answers and knowledge in a time of uneasiness and uncertainty while attempting to maintain the integrity of the hobby.

Merryweather, I think the feeling is (at least on my part) the censorship exhuded by Lansam can in no way be good for the hobby. In order to have a free flowing information system, people have to know they can state their opinions and know that what they are reading are the opinions of others. If the flow of information is controlled to where only information that is beneficial to a specifc group gets heard, then that is a problem. I believe if you just read your quote by Eleanor Roosevelt you will figure it out. Without discussion there can be no progress.

Full of personal attacks are we?

For the record, if you have been in trading as long as I have - some 12 years. You can undoubtedly connect me to EVERY trader at Disneyland and EVERY seller on Ebay. So, if you choose to connect me with bad traders, I can show you a hundred good. I have sold over 100,000 individual pins in the last ten years. I do not knowingly sell bad stuff.

My Ebay business is not successful because of Pinpics, it is successful because I sell quality stuff for reasonable prices and have vast pin knowledge. The source of Pinpics was helpful and allowed me more time to do other stuff, but certainly is not reason for my success.

I have been a part of the pin trading community for a very long time, and that test of time has granted me credibility not only with a large majority of traders, but with Disney itself. I don't know EVERYONE, but I do know when something smells.

april-fools-day-9-290x300.gif

Full of personal attacks are we? .

So when you bring up issues about a certain person it is "seeking the truth" and "free speech" but when you get those same questions thrown in your direction it is a personal attack....good to know that we are playing by two different sets of rules.

For the record, if you have been in trading as long as I have - some 12 years. You can undoubtedly connect me to EVERY trader at Disneyland and EVERY seller on Ebay. So, if you choose to connect me with bad traders, I can show you a hundred good. I have sold over 100,000 individual pins in the last ten years. I do not knowingly sell bad stuff.

Totally missing the point. I'm not talking about 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon here. I'm hearing that you are rather chummy with some questionable dealers yourself. Maybe true, maybe not. I have no idea. But I have seen no more proof that what you are saying is true than I have seen from others.

And for the record, there are other ways to deal in bad pins other than selling them. Many people know that pins are "laundered" in the park and that sellers will have multiple ebay IDs to cover up things they don't always want other people to see.

My Ebay business is not successful because of Pinpics, it is successful because I sell quality stuff for reasonable prices and have vast pin knowledge. The source of Pinpics was helpful and allowed me more time to do other stuff, but certainly is not reason for my success.

They why were you throwing such a hissyfit about the pictures and ebay? You keep contradicting yourself which is while I question whether you are being truly genuine. You were saying in that thread that it had a huge impact on you and your business and now you are saying that Pinpics had nothing to do with the success of your business...which is it? So, if they had kept the rule in place, it would have meerly cost you more time and that's it? With ebay new guidelines you should really be taking pictures of the actual item anyway, so, seems like a moot point to me.

No matter what you say, Pinpics did have an impact on your business. There are thousands and thousands and thousands of pins on ebay and it is very difficult to find something you want unless you know what it is you are looking for. And how do people even know what they are looking for or what they want? Pinpics.

I have been a part of the pin trading community for a very long time, and that test of time has granted me credibility not only with a large majority of traders, but with Disney itself. I don't know EVERYONE, but I do know when something smells.

I see no coorelation between longevity and integrity when it comes to pin trading. There are both good "old timers" and nasty ones. My jury is still out which bucket you fall into but seeing that I am not near a park, the only thing I have to go on is your online activity and thus far I am not impressed by your proffessionalism or pin knowledge.

Diana, in the past decade, you and I have butt heads a few times, but i have always respected you as a trader and person in the pin community. I am here to publically state that many pin traders I see who are butting heads with you are, in pin age, newbies. Many have not seen the same crap being recycled, just different generations. I truly have no idea how you stayed and didn't burn out like many old timers did. Actually, you stayed because, unlike me, you have the passion.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. It seems you keep trying to do this, the players keeP changing, and the results just end up the same.

Actually in our case, it is pin-sanity

Ha ha.. you say tow-matoe, some say to-mahtow... but yes, its still going to make poor Diana go insane.

That's so sad... because like I said I've had plenty of head butts with her, but I'll always keep an open mind or see things from her side, even if I don't agree. It seems that many of you are like the mindless villagers who have become prejudice, and will automatically say the opposite of what she says.. just to be contrary.

So, back to the thread... why would Lansam remove the Q+A thread?? They may think its to stop the assumptions, but it actually seemed to have backfired.

Even I am wondering a lot about this Lansam group.... and why people are giving them so much power. Isn't there other smarty pant programmer out there who can create their own version of "PP"??

Even I am wondering a lot about this Lansam group.... and why people are giving them so much power. Isn't there other smarty pant programmer out there who can create their own version of "PP"??

Check my siggy. The answer is there. And the way I see it, Lansam is currently focusing on productive ideas that will be an improvement on the existing system.

Last edited:
I am now in possession of the Chat Log. If you are interested, please PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

Nice to see you Mo!

For those of you not in the know, Mo was a Pinpics moderator for YEARS.

Pls email me :)

I am now in possession of the Chat Log. If you are interested, please PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

Nice to see you Mo!

For those of you not in the know, Mo was a Pinpics moderator for YEARS.

ha ha.. yes years!! Sure.. show me the log. I heard my name was mentioned in it... email to callmemochelle at yahoo.

Check my siggy. The answer is there. Lansam is currently focusing on productive ideas that will be an improvement on the existing system.

Great minds should discuss ideas.. Hmmmm, I know I am "new" here, from what I am reading, they seem to censor discussions if your ideas don't seem to agree with theirs. Then, that doesn't lead to discussion but dicatorship.

Great minds should discuss ideas.. Hmmmm, I know I am "new" here, from what I am reading, they seem to censor discussions if your ideas don't seem to agree with theirs. Then, that doesn't lead to discussion but dicatorship.

No. My answer is to your original question: Why do people give so much power to Lansam? Why does no-one start their own pin site?

Because instead of discussing the idea of developing a new and improved site that would uphold the integrity of the hobby, people prefer to discuss about people running Pinpics.

As far as censorship & dictatorship goes ... I do not recall them promising anyone that they can post whatever they wish. It is their site, they make their own rules. They do not force anyone to be there. They also do not try to control anything else beyond what is their own. My house - my rules :)

Disney has a Mom's Panel I used to frequent and enjoy. http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/

Can you go there and ask ANY question? Sure, yes. Would they post it on their site? NO WAY!

Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
No. My answer is to your original question: Why do people give so much power to Lansam? Why does no-one start their own pin site? Because instead of discussing the idea of developing a new and improved site that would uphold the integrity of the hobby, people prefer to discuss about people running Pinpics.

Ahhh got it. ha ha.. I forgot how confusing threads can get.

No. My answer is to your original question: Why do people give so much power to Lansam? Why does no-one start their own pin site?

Because instead of discussing the idea of developing a new and improved site that would uphold the integrity of the hobby, people prefer to discuss about people running Pinpics.
Oh; I've thought about it, even ~2 years back when DPF first opened. I've also discussed it in chat quite a few times. The biggest limiting factor is that pinpics' information is 10+ years of crowdsourced information. It's very unlikely that people would enter pin information for tens of thousands of pins all over again.

further, people are already rooted in the pinpics numbering system, which is just an arbitrarily assigned number with no scheme -- It would be difficult to come up with another scheme (that made sense) and it would be another battle to have people adoipt the new numbering or naming convention for cataloging pins.

In short, it's a very difficult thing to disrupt, if it's possible at all. It's like someone trying to create a new wikipedia, or facebook (google+, anyone?) Everyone is already so invested in the "original" services that it's going to be nigh impossible to get people to switch.

however, I've noticed from what little I saw of the chat log, that people may be interested in a pin "wiki" -- perhaps that's something I might be interested in undertaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back