• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Windows of Magic Pin Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I arrived at 8:30AM to buy Ariel. I did not gain her. She sold out in DTD right before I arrived. She sold out in little green men during magic hour. She was still in stock at Pin traders in Frontierland (only because they were not open during magic hour). But the line was so long by the time I arrived to Pin Traders she was effectively sold out for me. It was a huge disappointment all the way around and a waste of time.

I arrived at 8:30AM to buy Ariel. I did not gain her. She sold out in DTD right before I arrived. She sold out in little green men during magic hour. She was still in stock at Pin traders in Frontierland (only because they were not open during magic hour). But the line was so long by the time I arrived to Pin Traders she was effectively sold out for me. It was a huge disappointment all the way around and a waste of time.
That’s what I figured.
Thank you.

Chances are Ariel was one of the last crazy window releases for awhile, I'm thinking till possibly Aladdin/Jasmine, Tiana, or Simba get released?
The windows seemed to be paired off with the windows of evil, and with the next 3 we're advised of, Hercules, Pongo, and Alice, unless resales are nuts for them, I doubt it'll sellout in an hour. I could be wrong, but crazy is usually determined by demand of the character/movie/set.
I heard Ariel sold out faster than Aurora.
Also as soon as AP blockouts start taking affect due to Galaxy's Edge, and the So CA 3 day tix ends, I'm guessing that will also change pin pickups for some, meaning the lines might be for DTD area, different in the parks.
It depends on which ones you're after? The next 2 will be a clue, or checking the selling sites for presales will also be a hint as to demand.
Good luck:stitch:

Chances are Ariel was one of the last crazy window releases for awhile, I'm thinking till possibly Aladdin/Jasmine, Tiana, or Simba get released?
The windows seemed to be paired off with the windows of evil, and with the next 3 we're advised of, Hercules, Pongo, and Alice, unless resales are nuts for them, I doubt it'll sellout in an hour. I could be wrong, but crazy is usually determined by demand of the character/movie/set.
I heard Ariel sold out faster than Aurora.
Also as soon as AP blockouts start taking affect due to Galaxy's Edge, and the So CA 3 day tix ends, I'm guessing that will also change pin pickups for some, meaning the lines might be for DTD area, different in the parks.
It depends on which ones you're after? The next 2 will be a clue, or checking the selling sites for presales will also be a hint as to demand.
Good luck:stitch:
I agree... I am anticipating a mickey to go with chernabog... Which I will definitely want. Here's hopin' we are correct.

WDI skipped Mr. Toad for the profiles set and the clusters set (which would have been amazing) and countless other sets that would have lent itself to a terrific Toad pin. Is it too much to ask for a Windows of Magic Mr. Toad?

Most people complain that there are too many of a character that they collect and can't keep up, I complain that there isn't enough. That's why I end up buying a Mr. Toad easter egg, First edition Mr. Toad children's book from 1980, and a weird old Mr. Toad and friends cube ornament for absolutely no apparent reason but to have something new of Mr. Toad coming in the mail. And that was just last week.

WDI skipped Mr. Toad for the profiles set and the clusters set (which would have been amazing) and countless other sets that would have lent itself to a terrific Toad pin. Is it too much to ask for a Windows of Magic Mr. Toad?

Most people complain that there are too many of a character that they collect and can't keep up, I complain that there isn't enough. That's why I end up buying a Mr. Toad easter egg, First edition Mr. Toad children's book from 1980, and a weird old Mr. Toad and friends cube ornament for absolutely no apparent reason but to have something new of Mr. Toad coming in the mail. And that was just last week.
I was pretty impressed with the DLR Crest series!
Need I mention who was first:p
Would definitely be a Nice Window, but probably not this series. With the popularity of this series, probably could branch off to so many characters.
Never know Mr. Toad could surprise us All, since the scrappers have hit the market.:stitch:
Can always Dream

Okay so truthfully, hearing you talk about Mr. Toad this, and Mr. toad that, and more mr. toad, sharing your collection and count down to grails...I’m not a toad fan at all but I found it all so endearing that when the crest pins came out and started the series with Mr. Toad, I smiled and went, shutuPIN take my money haha...still not a crazy toad fan but that toad crest makes me smile nonetheless, as much as some of my favorite character pins actually...what I’m trying to say is, thank you, because you’re creating toad allies along the way...:))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pretty impressed with the DLR Crest series!
Need I mention who was first:p
Would definitely be a Nice Window, but probably not this series. With the popularity of this series, probably could branch off to so many characters.
Never know Mr. Toad could surprise us All, since the scrappers have hit the market.:stitch:
Can always Dream

You're absolutely right about the crest. It is gorgeous and I was so happy to be at DLR on release day to ensure I didn't have to worry about getting a scrapper and finally get to use my AP. Although, I am tempted to buy a scrapper of it for comparison purposes and just to buy a new Toad something, maybe turn it into a magnet. That window would have been so amazing though.

Okay so truthfully, hearing you talk about Mr. Toad this, and Mr. toad that, and more mr. toad, sharing your collection and count down to grails...I’m not a toad fan at all but I found it all so endearing that when the crest pins came out and started the series with Mr. Toad, I smiled and went, shutuPIN take my money haha...still not a crazy toad fan but that toad crest makes me smile nonetheless, as much as some of my favorite character pins actually...what I’m trying to say is, thank you, because you’re creating toad allies along the way...:))

This post actually put a huge smile on my face at work. Thank you. That pin is going to be extra special to me now because I am spreading the Toad love. I'm just hoping that WDI and DSF eventually catch the fever. There are only 2 PTDs out right now, Mr. Toad himself and Winky for some inexplicable reason. All I'm saying is they better do Toad's 70th anniversary right this year.

And just wait until exactly one month from now when I spend my birthday eating at Toad Hall at DLP. I'm just totally going to geek out and post like a thousand pictures.

I think I need to start collecting the Windows of Magic, I was hoping to ignore these but my Windows of Evil look lonely.

If anyone has these for trade or sale, please let me know.

s-l225.webp

There is just something wrong with this sellers listing..
Must of had a lot of friends with him that day.

Although, I am tempted to buy a scrapper of it for comparison purposes and just to buy a new Toad something, maybe turn it into a magnet.

So around 11:30 last night, I convinced myself to purchase the toad crest scrapper and turn it into a magnet and put up on the fridge or somewhere. Newsflash this morning: I don't know how to turn a pin into a magnet!

Spending the day on Youtube!

tenor.gif

So around 11:30 last night, I convinced myself to purchase the toad crest scrapper and turn it into a magnet and put up on the fridge or somewhere. Newsflash this morning: I don't know how to turn a pin into a magnet!

Spending the day on Youtube!

tenor.gif

Obtain a magnet from a craft store, remove the post and glue the pin to the magnet with hot glue gun.

Speaking of magnets...so I got duped in a trade recently.

Traded in person for one of those last year Donut Shop pins. Trader had their donut shop wrapped in protective plastic. I thought, oh how thoughtful because we know those donut shop rubber pieces can get discolored easily. Made the trade, came home to put on my board, removed the plastic...and surprise! The magnet piece that holds the pin closed was gone...so my donut shop is permanently open...

...sigh...Pin trading is why I have trust issues.... if anyone knows how to fix, would greatly appreciate it...

ce4a159b67a17217edc79018d6612b04.gif

Traded in person for one of those last year Donut Shop pins. Trader had their donut shop wrapped in protective plastic. I thought, oh how thoughtful because we know those donut shop rubber pieces can get discolored easily. Made the trade, came home to put on my board, removed the plastic...and surprise! The magnet piece that holds the pin closed was gone...so my donut shop is permanently open...

...sigh...Pin trading is why I have trust issues.... if anyone knows how to fix, would greatly appreciate it...

Build relationships with other traders. In the past 3 years I really have improved my base of known traders. Not only for trading, but for advice.

And... I am sorry someone did that to you.

You should be able to just buy a tiny replacement magnets and then superglue it into the pin.

It could legit have been a factory error like that. Still frustrating. I have a couple of pins where the magnets don't work or are missing but better to have the pin than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back