• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wondering about this Sorcerer Hat Constance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering about this Sorcerer Hat Constance....

poohstiks26

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So I bought this WDI Constance pin off eBay, mostly out of impulse but also because I have a desire to start a Haunted Mansion collection. It arrived and....I don't know if she's real. I don't have much experience with WDI pins so I was hoping one of you guys would have some input to offer. Please and thank you in advance :)

Hmmm let's see how to hint this haha the seller goes by "space port of everyone's favorite alien experiment". Hope that's ok - I don't want to point any fingers though....just wondering if anyone has had any contact with this sort of thing.

I also found this seller and was wondering if they are authentic because there is a tinkerbell wdi pin i would love to have.

Also i just found this..

Moderator Update September 19, 2012

This pin is being offered for sale in bulk from a factory in China. As such no one can guarantee the authenticity of this pin.

About the chip and dale from this series so whi knows really. if it looks authentic then your probably fine as in no obvious signs.

Sorry... I need to add to this post again. the same seller is selling this pin again so if they are authentic he sure does have a lot of them!

Last edited:
This pin is being offered for sale in bulk from a factory in China. As such no one can guarantee the authenticity of this pin.

I know about one of the factory sites, but I've never really delved that deep into researching them - do these places actually sell the pins with the backer card and everything like the normal pins come with? If so, that's really alarming, as I figured they only sold them in those usual small plastic baggies that everyone talks about.

I'm not sure by looking at the photos. I do know I see the fake version of her on eBay all the time, as indicated by the standard crappy photos (usually against green or blue felt) and sales person being a known scrapper seller. I think your best bet is to look at the seller's feedback. If even 1 person calls foul of getting a fake from them, this is likely fake as well. I've noticed usually the fakes sellers have almost perfect ratings from people ignorant of fakes giving them + feedback for their fast service. But there is that 1 actual conciensous collector who catches it and tags them as - . If they have 100% + in pin sales and many legit pins posted then you may very well be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately some scrapper pins are known to come on fake backer cards as well (ie. the entire WDI Jessica as DCA cast members set), or real backer cards that are just from another pin. This particular pin has tons and tons of scrappers out there- unfortunately, I don't know of any particular "tells" that lets you know it's fake. I just assume that it's fake unless I trade it from someone who bought it directly from WDI. If you paid less than $20 for it, I'd assume it's fake.

To be fair, though, if it's for your personal collection it's up to you how picky you want to be. I have about three pins in my collection that I'm sure are scrappers, but I like the pins and even if I get tired of them I'd throw them away before I'd trade them. Just don't trade a pin you're not sure about.

I would be wary. It looks like there is a border around the back of the pin where the hats don't all go off the sides. I was always told that was a guaranteed sign of a scrapper.

I would be wary. It looks like there is a border around the back of the pin where the hats don't all go off the sides. I was always told that was a guaranteed sign of a scrapper.

A lot of DSF and WDI pins have that kind of border now. I myself have authentic pins from both DSF and WDI that are like the back seen in those photos, but my pins were definitely bought from the stores. I believe it's mostly the Mickey waffle-pattern backs that are a guaranteed sign when they don't run off the edges properly.

A lot of DSF and WDI pins have that kind of border now. I myself have authentic pins from both DSF and WDI that are like the back seen in those photos, but my pins were definitely bought from the stores. I believe it's mostly the Mickey waffle-pattern backs that are a guaranteed sign when they don't run off the edges properly.

Good to know! I've been really cautious about pins since I heard that, I'm glad I don't have to worry as much now.

Hmmm let's see how to hint this haha the seller goes by "space port of everyone's favorite alien experiment". Hope that's ok - I don't want to point any fingers though....just wondering if anyone has had any contact with this sort of thing.
This person is a complete scam they have more than 1 EBay account and are still selling fate pins and 2021 eBay sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back