• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Worth it's weight and waste of weight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth it's weight and waste of weight...

Goofy_Moe

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
290   0   0
I am curious on your thoughts regarding pin size...

What are some of the smallest pins that you would love to own... Those worth their weight in gold and then some...lol...

Also which pins do you think we're a waste of time and precious metal... Those worthless massive jumbos...

Let me know what you think...

I don't mind the smaller pins, in fact, I kind of like a lot of them. Nothing smaller than half an inch, but less than an inch is fine with me. I don't really like the really huge ones and would never get one unless it fit my collection.

I think in the worth its weight category:

I really love the Sugar Rush racer pins :)

For the waste of weight:
Not sure about that one :)

Worth its weight in gold:

One of my favorite pins.
Measures 3/4" wide, 11/16" high.

I also think these Peter Pan mini pins are pretty cool...

They were part of a GWP series.

As far as "waste of weight," I don't know.

Last edited:
I like a lot of the old 1980's Epcot Center pins - mainly the Figment and Kitchen Kabaret pins. They're very small and very valuable.

I think this one is awesome, it was one of my mini grails:

pin33993th200

I'm still searching for this mini, another mini grail:
pin13436th200

They may be small but I think they capture some for eh heart of the film.
I also agree, love this mini GWP Peter Pan pins.

I find mini pins to be great accents to a lanyard display collection or just awesome additions to my book. I love my minis and jumbos more than my regular sized pins usually.

Not sure on wasted jumbos. I only bought jumbos I liked so unfamiliar with jumbos that just seem silly.

I know there is someone here on the forum who has a whole lanyard (a big, beautiful one!) full of mini pins, and it looks fantastic! But I can't remember who it is... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only thing that matters is if its well designed and looks good. There's lots of small pins that are bad and good same with the jumbos. The small pins I would want are the mini Alice ones from Japan and the Jack Skellington PTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back