• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WOW Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW Update

KT07

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i just looked at the poor kids video agian. i was wishing that sumone had told him to come and get help here at DPF. He may really belive the crap he is telling everyone on youutube about buying pins from ebay and that his scrappers are all real disney pins. But if he was to come here and learn..than he could make vids to help the hobby not hurt it...

his video now says you can not post coments.... I guess he did not like what ppl told him the past few days. I still hope that he got sum help from sum one..

I hope he doesn't think we (members of DPF) are attacking him. We are just trying to help. Doomscarf, I'm glad you invited him to join us!

i thought trolls make trouble... i want to help.... I wish sum one told me about fakes....mayb this guy thinks its ok for me to buy $500 worth of pins for my familey at DLr and than go trade with the CMs... oh and than go home and guess what...half my pins are fake.... but i traded real new pins for them... is that ok.... mayb sum ppl think so... and those are ppl to not trade with...if u cant help them see the truth. sad part of all hobbys... sum ppl will always look for the short cut.

agian..i wanted to help...i was so sad when i found out half my pins from trades were now fake.... i hope to help anyone not do that...

thank you

Last edited:
I haven't seen the video but can tell what everyone is talking about. Trading fake pins is a huge problem and he is adding to it. It sounds like he needed to be educated.

Okay, now I went to see the video. He is just a kid but that is no excuse. I have a teenager and she can tell what is fake and what is real and how to look them up on pinpics. I wonder if he has ever seen real pins. That is why my daughter can tell so easily is that she has spent years seeing real pins and the quality of them. So when we bought 2 lots off ebay, we could see the difference. Maybe they are here and can read this thread to get help.

Last edited:
YES, they took down comments

Trolling implies that we are just doing this for kicks and being bratty. Fact is, he is part of this hobby like the rest of us and one big issue that we all hate are scrapped pins being pushed as real pins. These pins wind up on lanyards throughout the parks, ruining trading for the rest of us. We know what we are talking about. We are trying to help. He was even invited to check out DPF so we could help him. But all he is doing is being stubborn. Did we call him any names? No. Make fun of him? Nope. We are trying to explain to him that these pins are not as legit as he thinks they are.

So trolling? I think not.

Trolling implies that we are just doing this for kicks and being bratty. Fact is, he is part of this hobby like the rest of us and one big issue that we all hate are scrapped pins being pushed as real pins. These pins wind up on lanyards throughout the parks, ruining trading for the rest of us. We know what we are talking about. We are trying to help. He was even invited to check out DPF so we could help him. But all he is doing is being stubborn. Did we call him any names? No. Make fun of him? Nope. We are trying to explain to him that these pins are not as legit as he thinks they are.

So trolling? I think not.

Totally agreed! I think trolling could also be described as posting somewhere with the intent to just cause problems.

I didn't see the comments on YouTube, but it sounds like members who posted there were just trying to help, especially for new collectors who may not know about scrappers and viewed the video.

Last edited:
Well i do agree that this kid is a little in doubt but two people have posted they messaged him and thats not including the countless of people who probably have done the same who have not posted here. That in itself is probably frustrating for him. He seems to ONLY have hidden mickeys and rack pins so probably just does this for a side track fun hobby and doesnt even know there are people like us who go CRAZY for pins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back