• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RAKed! YOU GUYS! I got RAK'ed and that's a fact Jack!

RAKed! YOU GUYS! I got RAK'ed and that's a fact Jack!

bcol

"They call me Bruce" ....and mupins
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I just don't know what to say. Somehow I was picked to be RAK'ed this month. I want to say I don't know why, but I really do, with that I will say it was totally underserved. Let me explain. May is the most difficult month for me and the first week is the worst, but somehow you guys just knew. I lost my son Matt in a car accident several years ago on May 5th. Yup, Cinco de Mayo is not my favorite holiday. I always seem to drift to a really dark place for a few days each year. I'm not saying this for the pity, I'm saying this to say THANK YOU to my DPF family. So you see, the Random Act of Kindness was not so random after all.
But enough about me, now for the good stuff...
1b2a2d1c563109ca441a7854b2bec6ad.jpg

I received a package last week and was quite confused. It was a large pouch and I new I didn't order or trade with anyone to get this. Now as you can plainly see on this package is the letters R A K ! I did not plainly see them. I opened the package and was flooded with gifts from SARA (pixiepost)! So much good stuff. Dory jelly beans, some cool shark pages, a postcard to finally figure out what this was for, a Bruce pin from my wants list, a really nice Bruce tsum tsum, and a package of Finding Nemo tissues. How thoughtful of her to give me something to wipe away the tears :).
7809d9e9b4e86f2f7df9aeb2be50723e.jpg

I also got a package from Kim (little bird, SiuJerkJai, who knows what it will be next week ). In it was 6 beautiful Mulan postcards, a WIR Labor day pin from my wants list, and two Mulan keychains. My daughter just got her learners permit and when she saw them she asked which one was hers. Umm.. neither honey, I love you, get your own, these go in my growing Mulan incidentals collection. Am I being too harsh? I think not.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
Pictures will not post. bear with me please

Last edited:
Congratulations on the RAKed, and sorry to hear of your loss. It is funny how things just work out to shine a bright light when you need it the most.

Congratulations on the RAK. Glad that they timing worked so well.

I just don't know what to say. Somehow I was picked to be RAK'ed this month. I want to say I don't know why, but I really do, with that I will say it was totally underserved. Let me explain. May is the most difficult month for me and the first week is the worst, but somehow you guys just knew. I lost my son Matt in a car accident several years ago on May 5th. Yup, Cinco de Mayo is not my favorite holiday. I always seem to drift to a really dark place for a few days each year. I'm not saying this for the pity, I'm saying this to say THANK YOU to my DPF family. So you see, the Random Act of Kindness was not so random after all.
But enough about me, now for the good stuff...
1b2a2d1c563109ca441a7854b2bec6ad.jpg

I received a package last week and was quite confused. It was a large pouch and I new I didn't order or trade with anyone to get this. Now as you can plainly see on this package is the letters R A K ! I did not plainly see them. I opened the package and was flooded with gifts from SARA (pixiepost)! So much good stuff. Dory jelly beans, some cool shark pages, a postcard to finally figure out what this was for, a Bruce pin from my wants list, a really nice Bruce tsum tsum, and a package of Finding Nemo tissues. How thoughtful of her to give me something to wipe away the tears :).
7809d9e9b4e86f2f7df9aeb2be50723e.jpg

I also got a package from Kim (little bird, SiuJerkJai, who knows what it will be next week ). In it was 6 beautiful Mulan postcards, a WIR Labor day pin from my wants list, and two Mulan keychains. My daughter just got her learners permit and when she saw them she asked which one was hers. Umm.. neither honey, I love you, get your own, these go in my growing Mulan incidentals collection. Am I being too harsh? I think not.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
Pictures will not post. bear with me please

I received another package in the mail the other day this time from Sarah (nutmeg) It was a huge envelope packed solid. I pulled everything out and this is what was in it. First came a card. It had a happy face on it so I knew the rest of the stuff wouldn’t hurt me. Out fell the jelly beans, then came the gummy bears. Great start. Who doesn’t like them? Then a really nice Ariel pin I had on my wants list. But my envelope was STILL packed with stuff. I pull out.... a Mulan tee shirt! And it fits!! It says Courage. If I have the courage I will wear it with my Mulan socks . Thank you so much ! You truly are a “nut”, Meg and a pleasure to have in our family.

440e13a82e23707751dfa5f658d44b1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! I finally sent your package out and it was heavy...thank goodness for flat rate! :D

Sorry for the delay with the RAK package getting to you, I'm still behind on others too.

SOOOOOOO........... I was sitting at home and a shadow falls over my house -
th

But it was still morning. Why.
It was a big *** truck. (can I say that?), that blocked out the sun for it's size
3181793700_791e80ddbd_b.jpg

well, maybe a little smaller
th

and the postman walks up and rang twice.
So I chased him away like any good New Jerseyite would.
But he did leave this box.
TO BE CONTINUED......
**** have to post this from laptop and switch to iPhone**** back in a few
OK I’m back.
82fdaaf2e12c990e63ee28a107ad1a6d.jpg

I was warned this would be coming but I didn’t know it was the MEGA RAK!
What else could I do but open it
d12b5c3c66375f31aa79b6a138c0b37b.jpg

In it were gifts from all over. I will do the best I can to list them correctly.
039a26e35d56e3d8c550507f19c209b8.jpg

First, packages from timeerkat
A DSF Bruce pin that I needed and some candy I didn’t know I needed. Good thing I took all these pictures when I got them because all I could show now is the pin.
a1ce2fc5dd4b493f1f29cf67c6240b07.jpg

Then this great cookbook from bookhugger. I hope I can put this to use and eat healthier. I noticed there were no porkroll and cheese recipes in it
ad69c5e0116e57a6d8e7e2ec2812c3de.jpg

I also got these great little Funko Pint Size Heroes collectibles from jazzytrumpet. Thank you for thinking of me.
24bf8172f0e23fec3b78941b275c1f56.jpg

Thank you canadale for the gift from docfish2u’s party that Li passed on to me. I thought “oh how nice, a little candleholder. No it’s a Canada maple leaf shot glass! Along with it was some maple candy that I never got to taste, some chocolate coins and a Canada button that I will wear proudly as I use the glass!
4c83ed1c0ec6ab6171888f917babd079.jpg

Last but not least were several packages from starrysolo and jadeites-lady.
A wonderful Mulan pin (yay Mulan!), a little tiny Mushu tsum-tsum (yay Mushu!), and a beautiful Florida Project construction pin. Also some Japan keychains, those DPF cards, and Mulan keychain that I will give my daughter. You read my first post about the keychains from little bird. Thank you all so much. I also got these jellyfish tsum-tsums from Finding Nemo I think.
40d69e755ed2bb6fa8eaaa6b2a4899b3.jpg

If I forgot any thing or anybody please step up and let me again say my thanks to all those involved.
THANK YOU MY DPF FAMILY!

Last edited:
Back