• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Best or Worst PinPic Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Best or Worst PinPic Reply

hoffman5

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I had a good one today: Your Pin trade isn't even fair, NO THANKS. I blame it on a bad first cup of coffee.

I really dislike the whole "I'll pass", and that's their entire message. I can handle a "No, thank you." But the whole "I'll pass" seems a little on the rude side. :/ It's like I am offering them a vegetable they don't like.

I really dislike the whole "I'll pass", and that's their entire message. I can handle a "No, thank you." But the whole "I'll pass" seems a little on the rude side. :/ It's like I am offering them a vegetable they don't like.
o.o; Oh wow, really? :( I think I need to change my general response then. If I'm not interested, generally I'll just put "I'm going to pass this time, but thanks for the offer!". o_O Do you really think that comes off as being rude? Because that's NOT how I want to come off. I've always thought that that sounds better than just a "No thanks".

o_O Do you really think that comes off as being rude? Because that's NOT how I want to come off. I've always thought that that sounds better than just a "No thanks".
This is *exactly* what I'm talking about regarding why not replying at all (when not interested) is generally a good idea. People are rude in replies, people are overly sensitive receiving them, vice versa- this thread is a great example of how everyone has different perceptions.

The art of communication really is lost.

Maybe we should "can" some responses for every situation, and we just send them out instead- sort of like the actual TA in reverse.

There's...

-Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in trading at this time.

-Thanks for the offer- I'd like to counter offer, if you're interested.

-Thanks for the offer, but I'm not actively looking for the pin you offered at this time. However, I do see a different potential trade. Would you be interested in opening a dialogue?

-Thanks for the offer, but aliens are holding me and my pins hostage- send help!

I still like my way the best- saves time, even if it may sacrifice some nebulous potential trades...:)

Last edited:
I'm not rude in replies though? :( Or at least I thought I wasn't...

I'd still rather have a reply than none at all. I get annoyed when I don't get replies, but so far I've not really gotten annoyed over replies I've recieved, even if I feel that the reply is rude and/or unreasonable. Different strokes for different folks I guess?

This is *exactly* what I'm talking about regarding why not replying at all (when not interested) is generally a good idea. People are rude in replies, people are overly sensitive receiving them, vice versa- this thread is a great example of how everyone has different perceptions.

The art of communication really is lost.

Maybe we should "can" some responses for every situation, and we just send them out instead- sort of like the actual TA in reverse.

There's...

-Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in trading at this time.

-Thanks for the offer- I'd like to counter offer, if you're interested.

-Thanks for the offer, but I'm not actively looking for the pin you offered at this time. However, I do see a different potential trade. Would you be interested in opening a dialogue?

-Thanks for the offer, but aliens are holding me and my pins hostage- send help!

I still like my way the best- saves time, even if it may sacrifice some nebulous potential trades...:)

I like this a lot!

Something along the lines of "what are you smoking?". But I don't let them bother me, some actually make me laugh. :)

Wow, I was kinda hoping someone would write: WOW, are you crazy for trading me this awesome pin. No, Anyone, Never...Oh well, me either.

o.o; Oh wow, really? :( I think I need to change my general response then. If I'm not interested, generally I'll just put "I'm going to pass this time, but thanks for the offer!". o_O Do you really think that comes off as being rude? Because that's NOT how I want to come off. I've always thought that that sounds better than just a "No thanks".

I don't think she means having the words "I'll pass" in the message is rude. I think she means that when thats the only thing the message says at all is "I'll pass." that she finds rude (That's my interpretation of it). You are at least saying thank you for taking the time to make an offer. It's the people who just respond "No" or "pass" that irritates me also.

I don't know word for word my worst one, but it's always the ones that have to sit and lecture me about how unfair my offer is when they have failed to read my comment attached to the request of "PLEASE MAKE A COUNTER OFFER" or something along the lines that I acknowledge it's not fair, but simply trying to start a conversation. I make sure to uncheck those boxes by their names when sending out requests from then on.

Since most of the responses have been negative, lets talk about some positive ones! My favorite responses are always the ones where the trader is expressing how happy they are to finally get the pin they are trading for. I enjoy hearing the stories of "the one that got away" and such. We've all had that one pin that we've seen a bunch of times but just barely come up short in obtaining it. So it's always a nice feeling when you finally do get that pin, and I enjoy hearing that I've made someone's day by giving them the pin they were searching for.

Thats awesome...I usually put"I really appreciate the request....but maybe we can trade in the future"

Judy

Yeah, I usually get that response and I really appreciate it. It tells me that they arent interested and I'm not holding that pin orwaiting for a response. Just this weekend, I sent out an offer for 2 pins that I really wanted. Well after three days of no reply, I ended up getting rid of the pin. That night, the trader accepts the trade :( I REALLY wanted the pins he was trading, but I just thought he was a "no reply" after the time lapse. That's why a nice "No thank you, but hope to trade with you in the future" is a nice gesture.

No, if you put the the no thank you is fine. I just find it a little rude when it's just "I'll pass." If you are thanking them for the offer, there is no rudeness there. :)

I'm not rude in replies though? :( Or at least I thought I wasn't...

I'd still rather have a reply than none at all. I get annoyed when I don't get replies, but so far I've not really gotten annoyed over replies I've recieved, even if I feel that the reply is rude and/or unreasonable. Different strokes for different folks I guess?

Your phrasing isn't rude at all, it's very polite.

The worse response I got is when I first tried my hand at trading. "I don't think so, you obviously don't get it." Just waiting for the day I get a trade request from that person.

Lol!

I once had one along the lines of: "That's just greedy" :rant:

I try and respond to everything but sometimes I get the same trade over and over from the same person so I don't keep sending the same response.

I had someone literally tear into me for making a "bad offer." I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was extremely rude, so I wrote back just as rude. I mean come on, the trade assistant can't fully make the offer the way you would in person, so don't be rude. I've blacklisted that person on my email, so no more mean messages from him. :)

Worst one I got was "You must be joking". I guess they didn't like my offer.

The best one was from an awesome trader who said "I'd love to make this trade, but it's really not fair to you. Are you sure you want to do this" I was so astonished, I made the trade and was very happy. Wish they had more pins I need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back