• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Chance To Own A Rare UK Jumbo Cast Pin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Chance To Own A Rare UK Jumbo Cast Pin!

xlaineyx

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is your chance to own a rare UK disney store cast member pin. Pinpics # 69691
sorry I don't know how to add the picture! Feel free anyone to add the pic for me! As some of you may remember Danny (stitch2814) has been asking for people to donate pins or vinylmations for a charity pin and Vinylmation day that we are hosting for the Scott Ward Schofield Memorial Fund. In exchange for your pin or vinyl donation you were entered into a raffle to win the UK Kevin and her babies pin pinpics #96002

Now to give one final push on the donations I am offering the cast member jumbo pin as well as the Kevin pin. Both pins are out of my own personal collection and the jumbo pin was my most wanted pin ever but I'm willing to part with it for the charity! If you have already donated pins or vinylmations you will automatically be in with a chance to win either of the pins.

If anyone else would like to win either the Kevin pin or the jumbo cast pin either inbox me or Danny for where to send your donation. The charity pin and Vinylmation trading day takes place Saturday 19th October and your donation must be received before then.

This is a great charity that is close to my heart as it was set up in memory of my pin trading buddy who passed away aged 20 from EB epidermolysis bullosa. A painful life limiting condition that causes the persons skin to blister and fall off at the slightest touch. It also affects the internal organs too. There is no cure. The charity sends children and young adults with EB on holidays to create lasting memories for their families. Although based in the UK they send EB suffers from any country worldwide on holiday. Please visit the charity website www.scottwardschofieldmemorialfund.org.uk

Thank you to all who have donated already. :)

164 views and not a single response :( not so much as a... Hey cool pin you are offering or even a good luck with your fund raiser. While I am eternally grateful for every single donation that has been received from pin traders all over the world towards this event, the not one comment to this post leaves me so very disheartened. I was offering the cast jumbo pin as a last minute attempt to see if I could muster up a couple more donations but got a flat nothing. Not even... Hey I will put a pic on for you of the pin.

So it is with a heavy heart that I have made the decision that this is going to be the last charity pin trading event I will be doing. I can't do it without the support of the pin trading community. I thank those who have supported the charity event over the past 2 years by either sending donations towards the raffle, buying raffle tickets and attending this event. Between you all you have raised almost £1000 towards the Scott Ward Schofield Memorial Fund and I was hoping this year would be our biggest year after the success of last year. I can only cross my fingers now.

I stand by my offer and the Kevin and Jumbo cast pin will still be given away in a prize draw for all those who donated pins or vinylmations. Good Luck! You know who you are x

Elaine it is such a shame that it will be the last one that you will be doing but then it is to much for you to do by yourself even with my help to help gain donations but the pin community is so spilt these days its either gotta have tangled, gotta be one of the cool kids or the money to buy all pins and its hardly a place as it was the very first year we did the event, it was such a happier community back then. But as they say it is what it is at the end of the day. Im sure with the stuff we have we will raise more than last year :)

pin69691th200
this is the pin for those wanting to know

Last edited:
Come on people!?!? It's for charity! <3 this is a great thing your doing and I am glad I could help with the little bit I sent <3 I really hope with as many generous people that I know there are in this community, you can get more people doing the selfless act of donating anything at all that will help! Best of luck to you and if I can get back on my feet financially again I will send another donation! <3 love you Elaine!

I read, but didn't respond, because I already sent.

I sent like, what did I say, 12 pins for just under $15. I know people are scared off from the shipping, but the more you send, the cheaper per pin it is!

That jumbo pin is cool! I'm sure as a pin trader you've got at least a few extra pins or vinyls lying around... maybe while you're zapping a few friends you could add in a charity zap as well? :)

I hope you get loads more donations! :hug:

Laz you are a sweetheart and made me cry with your post <3 much love to you <3

You are right Hopemax the cost of shipping does put people off sending. That is why I'm even more grateful to those who have donated. The first year I did this event for charity I cried every time the postman brought the packages because I was overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity. There were over 500 pins donated from all over the world. The second year there was not so many donations so I offered the tangled gondola pin as a prize to go into a raffle to give those who donated a pin or Vinylmation a chance to win it... The donations soon came in then.

I offered the Kevin and her babies pin this year as a raffle prize to give all who donate a pin or Vinylmation and we have had a great response but not as good as the previous years so as an extra incentive I offered my cast Jumbo pin only to have no response at all. So tonight I cried tears of sadness that the event might not be as successful as other years and if offering my best pin... My own holy grail wasn't any good then what can I offer in the future as an incentive for people to send donations?? That is why I made the decision to make it the last one I do. It is not easy going cap in hand asking for donations and none of it is for personal gain. Every penny raised from these events 100% of it goes to the charity.

Again I thank those who have donated and I'm eternally grateful to your kindness, generosity and support. Thank you x

I think you shouldn't take things too seriously about lack of responses on your thread.

But here's my bit to help. More information on the charity donations, including UNITED STATES drop off point (should probably get to the US address no later than 9/30 to allow sufficient time for mailing to the UK) is here:

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?29578-US-Drop-Point-for-UK-charity-event!&highlight=charity

Victoria Regan
506 Port Royal Court
Landenberg, PA 19350
USA

More information:
http://disneypinforum.com/showthrea...arity-event!!!!-Please-help&highlight=charity

I've bumped up both your threads as well as this one.

As I've said before, I believe that you should ask your local businesses, council, etc. for donations (monetary or in-kind donations.) I'm working with a non-profit group (three actually) and that is primarily who we contact (not the same ones every year, we don't want to look like all we want from them is their money/donations). I am hoping to have the pins packed up soon but have been on vacation in your neck of the woods (the UK). I should get them out Tuesday in time (hopefully). I should have brought them with me when I went over and shipped them from there. UGH.

starry_solo As I've said before said:
Thank you you for the advice. The charity do get donations from local businesses and many companies and individual fund raisers. The charity pin trading day is something I do as an individual fund raiser. As it is a very specific event and the raffle prizes have to be something Disney it is difficult to ask that local businesses fund it as probably 90% of them have probably not heard of pin trading or vinylmations as it is not very big over here. I do get a free function room and the Disney store send donations... But surprisingly not of pins or vinyls but more random items for the tombola.

That is why I ask the pin and Vinylmation community for their support. I took the lack of response seriously and somewhat personally because that is how I am. I thank everyone for their donations and I'm so grateful to everyone. Without their kindness and generosity this event would not be possible at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back