• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Collections!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Collections!!!!

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am sure there are probably multiple threads about this, however the topic fits in with some other threads that I started! :) I did a MOST wanted thread and a most PRIZED pin threads...now I want to find out...

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT???

-what is your largest collection of?
-how many characters/movies/groups do you collect?
-how big is each collection?
-what got you started collecting?
-etc, etc. (You get the idea) :lol:

I collect only Jessica right now...BUT, with these threads, when I can afford it I will probably start 2-3 more collections!!! :facepalm::rofl: Yikes, the thought scares me in a way! :lol:

Although I do have a small collection for my niece too, but don't count that because I haven't been able to add to her collection for over 6 months now, ugh!!! :)

we collect all films. Hollie is trying to get a pin from every animated film. Karl collects Sleeping Beauty, Black Cauldron and Sword in the Stone. Hollie does collect Tangled, The Little Mermaid and Lilo and Stitch, our largest collection is Stitch or Sleeping Beauty.
Hollie collected first, from a young age when she went to wdw and Roped Karl into it later

our collection minus traders is at 318

We got started collecting in 2002 on our honeymoon to DL. We booked through the WDTC, so we got the free lanyard with pins and that was the start of our pin collecting adventure. (Free lanyards w/pins, the best marketing move I have ever seen)

Currently, according to my current spreadsheet we have 30 different collection categories, some very small, some large.

Here are the more notable ones:
DLR (name specific pins like years pine, etc.): 241
Stitch (self only poses, free form/no background): 193
DLR 50th Anniversary: 184
DLR events/attractions: 171
Tinker Bell: 150
Sorcerer's Apprentice: 113
Trains: 72
Mickey/Minnie Wedding: 40

Not included in these are pins that are a full series that span a few categories, so that category is just labeled 'series' and equals 1027 pins.

I Collect hercules and stitch. I think my hercules collection is upto the 30s? I never thought I would get that far xD I had a few pins as a child that floated around our house and eventually got lost. When I was at comicon this year there was a huge pin stall. I bought a hades pin. When I got home I had a look at the back and saw it was le 900. When I was googling what that meant I came across the hades pin pics group. It was all. Downhill from there xD

I would say my largest collection is Mulan. I also collect Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Narnia, Brave, Enchanted, and Tangled. Those are my main collections. I also casually collect the villains of Peter Pan and lost boys, Indiana Jones, Fox and the Hound, Treasure Planet, pegasus, and anything with a rose :)

I'm hoping to be a Brave completist soon and I also collect Figaro because he's so god damn cute. I collect the 40th anniversary pins and I also like anything with black and white minnie/mickey/oswald. Oh and of course PODM's :)

Great thread idea :)

-Charlie

I collect pins of Alice! Not all wonderland, just Alice. :) (With minor exceptions)

I also collect characters from Pastoral Symphony from Fantasia.

Ariel & Eric together.

And certain princess sets. :)

Hitchhiking Ghosts (Love them, especially Ezra... I'm actually in love with him, seriously.)
Phantom Manor (First Mansion ride I went on, I adore this ride! It also has a character named Ezra; yep... I love him too.)
Haunted Mansion Organist (Pipe Organs are my favourite instrument, also love the music from the Mansion.)
Hatbox Ghost (Hattie is cute!)
Trains (Including Thunder Mountain, Casey and Railroad... I love trains!)
Haunted Mansion Vinylmation Pins (Randomly started collecting these a while ago.)

The Hitchhikers are my biggest collection, soon they'll have a pin bag all to themselves.

Wow, you all have so many more collections than me...not sure how you all do it :lol:!!! My Jessica collection is at most up.to 30 pins , but I don't think I have even made it that far, ha ha!!! You all have what sounds like such amazing collections!!! Feel free to share any pics you may have of them! :D

Princess pins are my largest collection by far but I really collect a little of everything here and there. :)

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT???

-etc, etc. (You get the idea) :lol:

What do I collect? My two main themes are classic Disney animals and Peter Pan, along with a couple smaller themes like Chip & Dale, the Haunted Mansion, Robin Hood, and The Sword in the Stone. I went into detail on why I collect animals and Peter Pan on Romancing_Train's thread here.

What is my largest collection of? Classic Disney animals. In particular, Figaro.

How big is my collection? I have close to 200 pins right now, but the vast majority are traders. I currently have 78 "keepers" (see my owns list), but I use that term very loosely. I'd trade a good deal of my keepers if I had half a chance at any of my grails.

What got me started collecting? I went to Disneyland earlier this year with a couple of friends and noticed all the lanyards. Got curious, went home, signed on to the internet, found out about pin trading, and became fascinated. Ordered a bunch of traders along with two cheap lanyards, and went back to Disneyland on my birthday (May 9). My best friend and I ended up spending a good portion of the day trading - me looking for Figaro or Chip and Dale pins, while she searched for Toy Story... and the obsession began. :)

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT???

What is my largest collection of? My top three collections would be Epcot related pins, Mr Toad pins, and Piece of History pins. Donald pins would be up there too now that I think about that.

How many characters, groups, or themes do I collect? Epcot, Mr. Toad, Piece of History, Star Wars/Tours, Donald Duck, Passholder pins, AP/PP pins, and MSEP pins.

How big is my collections - it's somewhere between 800-850 pins currently.

What got me started? MSEP pins in 2003. I stumbled upon one of the Farewell MSEP pins from 2001 and it just started from there. It's been going steady ever since, with some stops and starts, but it's been growing since then.

With the exception of pixie hollow and the pins I put away for my daughters...

every "collection" I have must be able to fit onto a wide lanyard. Its the only way to give myself boundaries.

Disney Princesses. If broken down my Princesses, it would be Ariel/Little Mermaid
All the disney princesses.
I have roughly 100 princess pins. About 30-40 of them are The little Mermaid.
Brave. I know only have one Brave pins since I ended up trading them.

-what is your largest collection of? Belle!
- what am I starting to collect - Trade City Pins
-how big is each collection? around 50 pins of Belle
-what got you started collecting? My mom died and I found her Disney pins from trips we'd taken. I started to wear them to work (I'm a 2nd grade teacher) as a way to be close to her and remember her.

My other nearly 500 pins are a hodge podge of pins - princesses, holidays, movies, rides, villains, etc. I get what interests me. And since so many of the Belle pins I want are $$$, I buy other things to make me feel better!

I've got a small collection, but it's big enough ^_^

In my Walt Disney/Jules Verne colelction I have...
5 pins from Tokyo Disneysea: 2 Mysterious Island with Donald on them, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with Minnie, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Nautilus Gifts with Mickey.
1 pin of Space Mountain: Mission 2 with Donald.
2 pins of the Astro-Orbitor: 1 with Stitch and 1 with Tinker Bell
1 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea 110th Legacy Collection
1 WDW 2,000 Leagues 3D jumbo
4 of the set of 5 WDW Gold Card 20,000 Leagues pins: Mickey as Nemo, Goofy as Aronnax, Stitch as Ned Land and I'm waiting for Donald as Conseil in the mail (the last one to get is Chip and Dale as crewmembers)
and I just got a 7 pin 20,000 Leagues starter set with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Stitch in diving gear along with the Nautilus (waiting for that one in the mail too)

My memento collection has 6 pins: Disneyland 50th anniversary, Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour (2005), Walt's Barn/Carolwood Pacific, Disneyland "D" with classic Mickey, Walt Disney Studios with classic Mickey, and the Adventures by Disney "Lights... Camera... Magic!" tour pin. I also have a lanyard medal of the Disneyland shield with classic Mickey's head.

I flirted with the idea of collecting a few other limited sets of pins - certain sets of Fantasia or Haunted Mansion - but decided for the time being that it's in my best interests to stick to just the one real collection. Easier on the pocketbook, especially since we want to got o Paris again next year.

I collect Jiminy pins, I am up to around 150 pins in that collection. I was started on that by my sister who gave me a pin with Jiminy on it because his name closely resembles mine. I also collect Emperor's New Groove, but since there are very few I only have about 6 pins.

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT???
I collect a lot of things to start with there are some few things like booster sets or hidden mickey sets that I just love.

characters:
Pocahontas
jack AND sally
sally
Lock shock and barrel (especially shock)
halloween
star wars
alice in wonderland

pocahontas, alice in wonderland, halloween, star wars
hallocollect_zps19bfa6ef.jpg

starwarscollec_zps90100d7c.jpg

alicecolect_zps391e1727.jpg

colectionpoc_zpsb295f04d.jpg

several I've realized theres a lot of sets I like just starting with the gears set

counted and with my traders and duplicates I have 526 pins of myself I collect for my sister also and she has about 150 or so cindy pins

I was in high school in 2007 and I had a lot of extra money for some reason and I was at disneyland with my ex and i saw a wall full of pins and I was just like "oh!!! maybe I should buy some of these" and I bought like 4 or 5 that caught my attention. I bought stitch with the ducklings, minnie and mickey getting married, winnie the pooh as a baby, and steamboat mickey.Although I got some of those stolen by some little kids I never thought I would get into collecting so many!!!

I'm fairly new to collecting but here is what I'm collecting: BRAVE, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Nemo, Lady Villians, Lion King, Aladin, Mickey and Minnie (black and white), Halloween. I collect mostly movies. There are more movies that I want to start. I would say 10 pins are the most I have of brave. It's the one I have the most pins from currently. Really excited about collecting more and more!!!!

I'm still pretty new to all of this, but I'm collection Mulan, Rapunzel, and Brave (I blame the egg that just came out.) But my biggest collection is Mulan with about 9 pins so far.

My biggest collection is Sleeping Beauty. My other smaller collections are Darkwing Duck, Ludwig Von Drake, Madam Mim and I really want to start collecting Enchanted. I also have a lot of random pins in my collection I thought were really cool so I kept them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back