Your Favorite 2020 Pin Acquisition?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by brattyjedi, Jan 10, 2021.

1. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Before we get too far into 2021, I thought it might be nice to take a quick rare pleasant look back at 2020.

What was your favorite pin that you acquired in 2020?
    Did something new come out last year that you immediately loved and had to get? Did you finally manage to get a grail that has slipped through your fingers for many years? Did the way a pin came to you make it extra special? Whatever the pin and whatever the reason, what was your personal best in 2020?

2. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Baby Yoda Crazy!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Fun thread! That's a bit hard, because we had a couple of very special surprise Christmas packages that had some very thoughtful pin gifts in them . . . I may have to show one of those off later, as I haven't got a photo yet. But my most special 2020 pin is probably this scented Dole Whip:

[​IMG]

I've posted about it a couple of times, and it's definitely one of the most special on my board! We were in Disney Springs last January, and I traded for an uncommon/unreleased Stitch event pin with a CM. Brought it home and I knew that I wanted @Rick195275 and his daughter to have it. So, Sis and I took photos of it and told him we'd trade whatever he wanted to trade for it . . . and he actually went to a big trouble to trade for the above Dole Whip from someone else for me, because I wanted it so badly! So, It's a special pin and makes me happy every time I look at it. :)

Hmmmm . . . may have to come back with two other pins that are almost as special . . .

3. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

You need to post your favorite pin too!

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

I didn't actually buy a lot during 2020...wow, a big surprise considering how much I spent in 2019 (D23 and the like), but I do really like the Artland Princess Pals pins...and the Rapunzel ones that were only available to two retailers.

slbrabham, timeerkat, DisneyJ and 2 others like this.
  5. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Thanks for the answers so far! I’ve enjoyed reading them. Hopefully more people will join in!

I didn’t want to post my answer with the question but had meant to come back later in the day yesterday with it. The day just got away from me. Appropriate @momin.ator should have asked though as my favorite pin I acquired in 2020 came to me as a trade with momin.ator! I had a pin she wanted and she offered a few for me to consider she thought might be among my interests. I am a Disney Cruise Line fan and there were a few DCL pins among those suggested, but this one immediately jumped out at me.

[​IMG]

There is a tradition in ship building of placing a coin (originally a normal one now a special commemorative one) under the keel of a ship as it is first being built for luck. This pin is a replica of the keel coin for the Disney Dream and includes information on the Dream’s building (the hull number, where it was built, and date of the keel laying ceremony). That might be a kind of cool pin for anyone interested in Disney Cruise Line, but two things momin.ator didn’t know at first were that my husband is a ship builder himself so kind of into these traditions around ship building and we got married on the Dream in March 2020 right before the official pandemic declaration and everything shut down.

It’s like this pin was made for us and I was so excited at the possibility of trading for it. Once I had it (along with a couple other pins momin.ator included as zaps as though this wasn’t more than enough!) I knew it needed to go someplace special. I looked all over my house for the right place and realized it could hang pretty well from the top of part of the frame on the photo folio we got as part of our Disney Dream wedding package.

[​IMG]

6. Mcgilligan

Mcgilligan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

My favorite acquisition from 2020 was Pin# 56319 DisneyShopping.com - Sally & Dr. Finklestein le 50.

It is a mystery set with 8 pins. I owned the other 7 for over 10 years. Patience prevailed! I found this pin and the rest of the set for sale.

I an fortunate, I’ve recently saw just this pin for sale for almost double what I paid for the set.

7. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Figaro Fan

Rating - 100%
    160   0   0

I have a horrible memory and can’t remember which pins I’ve gotten this year as opposed to last year... and the year before that... and the year before that.

This one I know I got this year, because I just opened it during Hanukkah - a gift from my mom! I love it. :)

[​IMG]

Here is the rest of the set:

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

This set. Pajama Kronk AND Bucky![​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

9. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Wow this is a great question! There have been many great pins I was able to get that are tough contenders but I would have to go with my grails for finishing the WDI LE 300 VMK pirate pinset. It usually goes on eBay for a pretty penny but I saw it very reduced and grabbed it fast. Other contenders are some pins from the two secret Santas of @MerlinEmrys and @maiarebecca and pins traded for from @summerskin. Very excited to see what 2021 holds!

[​IMG]

10. Lizard1515

Lizard1515 BATB, PATF, Cinderella, and Disney Dog collector.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

This auction win was my favorite! It’s gorgeous in person.

[​IMG]

11. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

I think...probably the Loungefly Fox and the Hound Jumbo!

Pin 139865 Loungefly - Fox and the Hound - Tod and Copper
    [​IMG]

12. Wander Trico

Wander Trico Member

0   0   0

My fav pin I got in 2020 is this super gay one ♥
    [​IMG]

13. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

My favorite pin acquisition (pin purchase) of 2020 was the Beauty and the Beast This is Love: Crown Our Hearts with Love 5 pin set. It came in it original crown case. I owned two already, but I jumped at the chance to own the entire set! It was too good an opportunity to miss.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

[​IMG]
    ME... SO JELLY!!!

momin.ator likes this.
  15. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

There were loads of amazing pins I was able to get in 2020, but my #1 favorite was this gold logo pin.

[​IMG]

It is spectacularly rare and I was not expecting to find it anytime in the near future, but fates collided in just the right way.