• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Favorite Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Favorite Pin

Purplemandms

Like the candy!
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
So I'm a new member to this site, and thought that maybe a good way to meet everyone would be to find out what is your favorite pin/pin set that you own?

Mine would have to be this Mickey and Minnie pin-trading duo. There's nothing really "special" about 'em, but they're just still my favorites because of how I found them in the parks.

14294660743_32450486d0_s.jpg

What about you guys? Which pins would you never let go of?

I'll never ever let go of this set. They were my very first pins, in 2001. I'd actually never let go of my Pooh collection from back then.

PD8356-front.jpg

I just won the bid so I don't actually have the pin yet, but it is and always has been this pin for me:
pin26646th200

I've been looking for this pin since I started collecting and never actually saw it outside pinpics. Then a few weeks ago, after years of not seeing it available, someone had it listed for trade on pinpics. I couldn't reach the trader so I kept looking and what do you know, it showed up on Ebay!

I think the best pins are the ones that hold more than monetary value to people, but have special memories, meanings etc, attached to them. :)

Last edited:
mine would be this one:

pin3629

It's not a super valueable pin and not a ton of people have it on their wants list.
It's just a rare pin I feel and was super hard to get. Only 2 people show trading it
on pinpics and you never see it on Ebay. I tried to trade for it for over 10 years and
never got any replies and finally seen it on ebay from a seller in spain and I won it.
I WILL NEVER GET RID OF THIS ONE!!!! :bigthumb:

pin70691th200

I'll never get rid of this one. It's my favorite! It's the pin that got away multiple times and it took me over a year to track down. It's not going anywhere. :)

I will also never get rid of this one:
pin37440th200

When I got him - from ebay - he was missing an eye. I was devastated. I messaged the seller and got most of my money back as I still wanted the pin. I'd been searching for him for awhile. I performed some pin-surgery with white nail polish and gave him back his missing eye. Even though I wouldn't trade him for ethical reasons, I'll never trade him away more because he means a little more to me now and he's one of my most favorite pins.

Last edited:
My favourite is probably this SB pin, It was one of the first pins I got and really brings back memories of watching the film when I was young :) It also started my SB collection!

PD74461-front.jpg

I don't have a picture because I'm on my phone.

I have two favorites:

The first is the Dsf Nala and Simba. It was my first grail and a friend from dog, a newbie like me at the time zapped it to me. It was my first zap and I loved it. She passed away last year and I will always remember her.

The second is the Brave Celtic knot and dangle pin. It was the first pin Docfish2u traded to me and its very special:,3

I'm amused, because a thread like this comes up about once every year. But it's fun anyway, 'cause there's always new people around to add to it...

My Faves are:

pin44876

Pin 44876: DLR Featured Artist Jumbo - Celebration Surprise (Tinker Bell)

pin97544

Pin 97544: Disney Store - Art of Ariel boxed pin

My Favourite pin is this one:
Pin PD59561: DisneyStore.com - The Black Cauldron 25th Anniversary Pin Set - Taran
PD59561-front.jpg

This was my first ever Black Cauldron pin and got me into the collection. It is a gorgeous pin, I think it is really very well made plus it includes my two favourite characters from the film (Although Taran is my favourite).

pin24199th200

Pinpics 24119

This was my first ever pin, given to me by a friend on a visit to Disneyland in 2005. Besides being my first Disney pin and first Lion King pin, his expression is just perfect for the little guy.

My favorite pin is my Fantasia PODM and my favorite set is definitely the PODM series. I like how unique each individual pin is and I enjoyed the hint to get a solid collection.
photo_zpse7468395.jpg

I like them all equally, but I will need to go back and look at my collection to see which is my favorite of them all.

At this point where we are in our collection it would be just too tough to pick just one. Probably would just have to be certain collections. For me it would probably be the full train sets. My wife would definitely choose her Thumpers. Together we would probably have to say our Mickey & Minnie wedding collection because it was so difficult to find them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back