• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapped by Speedwaystar1

ZAPPED! Zapped by Speedwaystar1

Shelterkat

A Very Merry Unbirthday!
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Today I received a lovely zap from David in the form of a Paypal Gift..I didn't know there was such a thing! It was a monetary gift to use to donate to a shelter of my choice and I chose the Irvine Animal Care Center where I used to work. They have a Christmas tree where you can put an ornament with a photo of your pet when you make a donation. So I will be sending this photo of Cherry. The story is, when I was working there in May of 2001, the head of the kitten foster program handed me this screaming ball of orange fur and said "do something with this." He then became my very first foster kitten and bottle baby. He was very sick and I saw him through 3 eye surgeries and by 4 months of age I couldn't hand him back, so I adopted him. He became the love of my life. I lost him to pancreatic cancer this last May at the age of 15. His official name at the shelter was Cherry but we always called him Kitten. Here is the ornament getting ready to be mailed.
20161217_090422_zpsz3fp3acn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is absolutely wonderful. :')

David is the best, and so are you, for choosing to give your gift to charity. <3

Cherry (Kitten) is beautiful and I hope you and he both have a very happy holiday.

alexs-christmas-kitty.jpg

That's just fantastic! What a wonderful zap and story. I'm sorry you lost your little guy but that's such a sweet gesture.

This is absolutely wonderful. :')

David is the best, and so are you, for choosing to give your gift to charity. <3

Cherry (Kitten) is beautiful and I hope you and he both have a very happy holiday.

alexs-christmas-kitty.jpg

Somehow I read over the sentence where you said you lost him to cancer. I am so sorry. :(

He was a very handsome cat though and I'm sure he's looking over you now. ❤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back