• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

101 Dalmatians PODM - Are These Ever Faked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 Dalmatians PODM - Are These Ever Faked?

poohstiks26

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi all,

I recently bought this 101 Dalmatians PODM from someone on Facebook for a good price and now I'm wondering if that good price was too good to be true. The Mickey head pattern on the back is pretty off (although I know this happens sometimes with DSF and WDI pins) and the words/logos on the back aren't in the same place as my other PODMs. Anyone know anything about whether PODMs get faked ever? Or someone have an 101 Dalmatians PODM for comparison? I've included a picture of its back compared to the other 2 I own which I know are authentic (101 Dalmatians on the left, the two on the right are BatB and Pluto's Christmas Tree). Thanks for your help everyone!

IMG_3974_zps0036204e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3973_zps3072dbde.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3972_zps0f2d6c34.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I believe this and LATT have mickey-head backs that don't go all the way off the pin and the crazy logos. I don't own any of these but I think I remember someone mentioning it here on DPF a while ago.

If you do a search on this forum, you might find it.

I have one and it looks the same. I have never heard of a fake PODM.

Or well I have heard of people taking the pin and changing the scene some how. They apparently have used Frames movie cell memorabilia to make it more valuable with putting in scenes that was not available from the beginning. But Im not sure if it ever happened or if it is just said to have happened.

I've never heard of a PODM being faked, and I'm not sure how difficult it would be to replace a scene either?

Wouldn't you damage the pin trying to change a scene?

:dunno:

I have one and it looks the same. I have never heard of a fake PODM.

Or well I have heard of people taking the pin and changing the scene some how. They apparently have used Frames movie cell memorabilia to make it more valuable with putting in scenes that was not available from the beginning. But Im not sure if it ever happened or if it is just said to have happened.

it has actually happened with a TLM PODM. Someone replaced a cell with one that featured Ariel & Eric hugging, right after Triton has turned her into a human. But their faces were not visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back