• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2011 D23 Expo Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 D23 Expo Pins

gbdb4ever

Greg and Debby
Rating - 100%
384   0   0
Does anyone know where we can find photos of the pins for the 2011 D23 Expo in Anaheim.

A friend said he saw them previewed at a recent WDW PTN, but did not (or COULD not) take photos. Anyone?

Does anyone have an RSP open they might be willing to help a non D23 member with for a couple of pins? Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge

Glad the designs are really generic! Nothing I truly want this time around. I really liked Expo 2009's designs, these are just meh. So happy I don't have to get to the Expo by 6am every morning to get merch. I wouldn't mind missing out on ANY of this stuff!

Whose genius decision was it to have the WDW 40th Anniversary as a mystery set at DLR?! Even if WDW had released these, they're still meh. Let's compare it to the beautiful and unique set for 2009 with the 10 pins made exclusively for the Expo and not a leftover of a set that appears to have missed the Destination D Event in Fl. And those ugly hinged stained glass pins of the parks, as compared to the nice ones they did for the Resorts in 2009. The IASW spinner is generic, ANOTHER Star Tours PoH, a crappy looking D23 Banner PoH (ok I'm glad they chose Jiminy as opposed to Sorcerer Mickey, but wouldn't the HHG have made a little more sense given popularity? I'm judging from the blue and silver set the PoH was based upon), the Noah artwork is dark (as usual) and only appeals to some people (I like it, but I find it to be limiting, not unlike 2009's Official Design by Tim Rogerson), the leather jacket is among the worst looking leather jackets I think Disney has produced, so far they're 0 for 2 with their last two "event" jackets (Mansion 40th and this one). The $3000 necklace is nice, not that I'm spending $3000 to get it (and for what it is made of, it should also come with matching earrings at that price),

I like the Vinyls, and I don't even do Vinyls...something is very wrong about this LOL

And those ugly hinged stained glass pins of the parks, as compared to the nice ones they did for the Resorts in 2009.

I agree with you there. I collect stained glass pins, and have quite a few of them so far. I was so excited when I saw that they would release more of them here, but I was very disappointed in the designs. These are definitely not going on my wants list.

I do think the 101 Dalmations 50th Anniversary pin is cute.

I'm sorry, but I just had to LOL at this:
Piece of D23 Expo “History†Pin
Description: "Contains a piece of the actual Jiminy Cricket marketing banner that hung outside of the Anaheim Convention Center for the September 2009 Expo." :lol:

Preorders apply only to those who bought the D23 Sorcerer package ($500) or Premiere package ($1000)

wow...really....what do you get for $1000???. if you have a P. AP also. thats $1500 just to get in park and show.. for that much. i dont just want to pre order. i want sumone to hold my crap and than walk it to the car. lmao

wow...really....what do you get for $1000???. if you have a P. AP also. thats $1500 just to get in park and show.. for that much. i dont just want to pre order. i want sumone to hold my crap and than walk it to the car. lmao

While it's pricey, the Premiere package provides guaranteed admission into all sessions and seminars - no standing in long lines! There is also free refreshments and use of a VIP lounge during the Expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back