• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 DS Princess Film Play Dolls Now Available Online... including...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 DS Princess Film Play Dolls Now Available Online... including...

Shivatopia

Aeon of Macalania
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
GASTON!
(http://www.disneystore.com/dolls-gaston-classic-doll-beauty-and-the-beast-12/mp/1336874/1000259/)

but where are the muscles?!?!?

Yeah, that is a huge FAIL! :p

On the up-shot, the princesses seem to have mostly received their traditional hairstyles back! The most noteworthy are Cinderella and Aurora (who both have their normal bangs back, thank goodness!). The gowns this year still are very "play doll," but the actual dolls look good for redressing or OOAK doll projects. They also do not seem to have those awkward ankle joints, so maybe that means that they have the older "rubbery" legs without the bow-legged visible joints that last year's dolls were plagued with.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is a huge FAIL! :p

On the up-shot, the princesses seem to have mostly received their traditional hairstyles back! The most noteworthy are Cinderella and Aurora (who both have their normal bangs back, thank goodness!). The gowns this year still are very "play doll," but the actual dolls look good for redressing or OOAK doll projects.

poor Gaston... hope someone can customize him to his former glory

OMG yes!!! that new Rapunzel... man i hope she comes to the UK. ALL THE WANTS

Ooooh I am SOOOO glad that Cinderella has improved so much ... Yippeeeee ... I wonder when these will be released in the UK as I desperatley want her for my collection ;o)

Aside from the always horrendous glitter - these dolls actually feel like improvements. I will always prefer the original face mold for Rapunzel, but I think this one is definitely better than last years. Major improvement for Lottie - I'll certainly get her in order to have one that is not cross-eyed. Also nice that they're releasing an Elinor without the bear.

It looks like they changed Rapunzel's and Ariel's facemolds. Ariel's face no longer looks so long and Rapunzel's chin seems less fleshy and Jay Lenoish. Much much better. Wish they had changed Aurora's facemold as well. Cinderella and Belle look better too, though their noses are still too thin and pointy and Belle still doesn't have her widow's peak. The rest look the same to me. Can't wait to see them in person.

Good things: Much better eyebrows on Belle! I am so glad that Aurora has the signature curl again :) Rapunzels face seems better :) I'm glad that the patterns are at least different for each doll, like roses for Belle. Otherwise mehhh don't like the outfits

That Gaston is ridiculous with his skinny arms hehehe! and yet...I'm glad they did make a Gaston!

So apart from glittery Merida, it appears that someone in the product design and development team does appear to be paying some attention to the rumblings of us crazy collectors! :) Charlotte is no longer cross-eyed, and they actually made a Gaston doll, though this is obviously "teen" Gaston before he really started working out. But best of all, they thankfully fixed the princesses' hairdos to return them to a more recognizable state. A while back, I had posted on the Disney Store's facebook page a side-by-side picture comparison of Aurora's traditional look and her 2012 "new look," and I do hope that it contributed at least a little to this positive decision to reinstate the princess hairdos. Aurora now has her curl in her bangs, while Cinderella and Belle tidied up their hair to remove those random hair strands that just looked sloppy. The new Parks dolls, however, are now taking the brunt of adopting the bad hairdo dolls.

Ariel's new face mould looks so much better than all of its predecessors. The old ones were too long and thin. This new one looks much more like Ariel's face shape. Now if they could just part her hair on the correct side.

Although I'm disappoined with the clothes at least Cinderella looks better: Puffs out! PALE Blue! GLOVES!

Annd I just noticed Jasmines eyebrows are a lot smaller and possibly gradiated
I don't like Jasmines outfit, the 2012 one was actually nice :(

I need jasmine and belle, does anyone know when the uk get these?
We will be getting these soon, some of the Glitter dolls (2012) are just taking longer to shift. I'd be interested to see if we still continue to get different packaging.

Ariel's tail is a fail. DS should have kept the top inwards like the last doll, I can't really comment on Ariel's face as I need to see the nose / profile although they have adjusted her face in proportion to the way they do the mouth. The character has a high forehead/long face the problem with the last one was her nose, no wide trademark smile and disproportioned eyes - I repainted mine (2011) and now she looks great.

Belle's mess has been tamed, I hope the hair quality has improved. Rapunzel has less dramatic face paint and the reversal of dress print at least gives the skirt more detail. I'll pass on Merida...

Alex will want that Gaston no matter what :lol:

Thank you for posting Shivatopia. I look forward to your reviews of all the new doll releases this year. Finally a Gaston, he may not be perfect but he is Gaston!!!!

We should be seeing 17 inch Ariel and the D23 dolls soon. Their announcements were in June in previous years.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD
THE GASTON

I'M FREAKING OUT I MUST HAVE AT LEAST NINE.

ahem...okay, now that I have recomposed myself....

I REALLY NEED THIS DOLL.
And Elinor. Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back