• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A few of our pin boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of our pin boards

iamdisneydan

The Bald Guy In The Back
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
One thing that can make your corkboard look a little nicer and show your pins better is a different background. We go to Michaels and but sticky felt and cover our boards. It really shows the pins in a nicer fashion. What do you think?

Attachments

• pins 001.jpg
    pins 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 474
  • pins 012.jpg
    pins 012.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 357
  • pins 010.jpg
    pins 010.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 358
  • pins 002.jpg
    pins 002.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 359
  • pins 005.jpg
    pins 005.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 354
  • pins 006.jpg
    pins 006.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 355
  • pins 009.jpg
    pins 009.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 355
  • pins 011.jpg
    pins 011.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 358
  • pins 013.jpg
    pins 013.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 361
  • pins 014.jpg
    pins 014.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 359
Cool idea putting the boards on a door! Do they ever fall off the door when it's closed (or as the case would be in my house, slammed?) :p

They are pretty secure on the door. I have double saw-tooth hangers on the back so they dont sway when the door is opened / closed.
Of course if you really slammed it, that could be a problem. Being on the door, they are easy to view and out of the way when not needed.
Thanks

Looks great....my daughter has similar boards and the brown cork is very boring....is the sticky felt just like one would think, you peel of the back and stick it to the cork? Is the red just a smaller size or did you have to cut it the smaller size? I would like to give this a try but am thinking the felt may be difficult to cut straight? Any tips you could offer?

Hello and here is what I do.
I have a paper cutter I used to se and now I have a sliding guilloteen I use to make perfect straight cute.
Yes on the felt. There are two kinds you can get. This is a more rigid sticky back fely. The really thin stuff sometimes wrinkles and it leaves hole marks when you remove a pin. I used to get it at Michaels but they only carry a few clors now so either Joannes or any Craft store.

My Chip & Dale Board is all blue with no borders. Sometimes I use the boarders, and use it to catagorize the pins so they each kinda have their own area.

My son is in scouts and I did a board in Blue and Gold. It looks really cool.

Ooh!! You have some rockin cool pins! I love all of the displays. How fun are they??!! Thanks so much for sharing them!

I regret trading away my Dead Ride WDI pins haha.

It's an awesome collection! Are you trying for all of the 1998 Attraction pins? That's one of my fave sets =DD

You noticed. YES! I want all of the 1998 attraction pins. Most people look at them and thing they are probably the least value pins, needless to say, they are difficult to get. Makes me happy you noticed. As for the dead rides, I just need one more but I am kinda bummed because when I traded for them, I had a chance to get the Country Bear for a steal but did not think I was gonna keep them because I had a trade set up. Once they were in my hands and being a ride and attraction person, I had to keep them.

In a way, a lot of the 1998 pins are like DEAD RIDES because half of them don't exist anymore, heck more than half.
Very nostalgic looking and a very important part of my collection. Forget Retro looking pins, these are RETRO.

I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding the 1998 attraction pins. They can (and are, usually) overlooked in books by traders who don't recognize them because of their retro design, appearance, overall size...but I love em.

Nice boards Dan.

I would give you the Country Bear dead ride pin but I Just traded it. He He He.

If anyone is interested in the other Dead Ride pins I have them for trade.

nice pins as always Dan. Hope you and the fam are doing well. Merry xmas buddy. Wish we would see you around more. Take care and talk to you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back