• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A little perplexed with this pin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little perplexed with this pin...

JAllenWood

Pond. Amy Pond.
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I picked this pin up recently and I'm not sure what to make of it's entry on pinpics:

DSC00469.jpg

These are the entries I found on pinpics:
pin30995

Pin 30995: WDW - Tink's Summer Pin Quest - Sweet Surprises - 3 Pin Framed Set

and:
pin50901

Pin 50901: WDW - Tink's Summer Pin Quest - Sweet Surprises Framed Set - Tinker Bell (Artist Proof)

Both entries state that the edition size is 75 (including the AP version). Where I'm confused is what the back of my pin states:
DSC00474.jpg

LE50? Am I missing something here? Here is the top portion of the back:
DSC00472.jpg

Everything is as it should be, save for the edition size (and my pin not having an AP stamp). Anyone know anything about this pin, or if edition sizes are stamped differently on certain pins?

Any help would be appreciated. :hs:

Hi,

I have just opened up the frame set to have a look, so I know my one is 100% good.

1) The edition size is marked as Limited Edition of 75
2) The pin was very difficult to remove, lots of clue on the back of the pin, which would be very noticeable , your one is very clean.
3) The writing is rised more with a doom/round top to the letters, on my pin the top of the writing is flat.

Every thing else about the pin looks just like my one. If this is a copy it is a very good one.
It could be a scrapper and the first run was marked as 50 by mistake (maybe) but only Disney would be able to confirm this.

Paul

Thank you for your reply. I do have another question about your frame-set pin. I notice in the picture of the frame set that Tink's torso, left shoulder, and a portion of her hair is cut off by the candy jar. Once the pin is removed from the frame, are these portions shown as in the AP version and mine?

The pins (AP , your version and my version taken from the set) are correct and the picture on Pinpics is wrong, the picture is from the event catalog and not the actual frame set.

Paul

There could be the a possibility that the pin is a prototype. Back in 2004 Disney did not indicate on the back of pins if it was a prototype, seeing as the backstamp indicates a different edition size, this could be an indicator of a prototype. It could be a scrapper because some of the Tink Summer Pin Quest pins have been scrappered (i.e 34210, 48256, & 59355)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back