• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A PinTastic Idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A PinTastic Idea!

miss.mouse

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Hey guys.
i was sat eating my dinner today and i was thinking about great pin ideas.
Well some of you may have an ipod , iphone , ipad or iTunes.
what if there was a disney pin app! letting us tick of the pins we have
and tracking who wants to trade with us!
mabye more added to the idea but thats the basics

just thought i'd share!

Nicole!.:lol:

I think a pinpics app with all that information in it would be awesome! I mean pinpics works on my phone's browser, but even if there was a mobile site for pinpics, that would be great too! The formatting would be much nicer but hey, it still works so I can't complain to much. An app you say, I like the idea.

Does this mean you have some idea how to make an app that we need to keep a eye out for or are you bouncing ideas out there? :)

I totally wish there was an app that was easier to use than pinpics or that was part of pinpics for the iPod, iPad, Droid, etc... I can access Pinpics with my Blackberry (thank goodness, I'll only have it for another week) but it's not the best way. The iPad is like using the web to get to pinpics. A pinpics app would be so cool.

My hubby has an ipad and I have the new itouch.... yes.... I'd LOVE this app!

btw, Nicole... as a fellow MInnie lover, I love your new graphic in your sig!

I could really use this site in mobile form. Tried to get here last night on my phone. It does not work properly.

Do I start the begging line here?? :bowdown:

believe me, an iPhone/iPad/iOS app is definitely something we've also thought about, even way before the forum came around.

first, it would require our own pin database to interface with (which, we even started working on, but it's a huge undertaking and we dont have the time nor resources right now, unfortunately -- but it IS on our list!), so basically us creating another pinpics would be the foundation and then either having a mobile version available using iphone markup [sort of similar to the iphone webapps] and/or making a standalone iPhone app.

there are a lot of resources required to do this, and we think you guys would be much better served through the forum right now. once we've established ourselves, then you can definitely count on us pursuing this ;)

Much of the reason behind the creation of this site and its features stems from our experience with other pin sites, and what we'd like to see in them. We didn't want to be the next best thing, we want to be the next BETTER thing -- Which is why we are constantly adding and innovating as well as taking your concerns, suggestions and comments [positive or negative] into consideration.

We love to hear what you have to say, so please don't feel like you have to hold anything back.

happy posting! :)

I could really use this site in mobile form. Tried to get here last night on my phone. It does not work properly.

Do I start the begging line here?? :bowdown:
what phone are you using?

we have looked into supporting forumrunner or tapatalk for iphone [they are forum browsing apps for the iphone that allow forums to run natively in an iphone-like interface].

Glad i found this thread, I was considering doing a survey about this very subject.......it would be interesting to get feedback as to what would be more popular, the IPhone app or one for Androids.....

I am looking into what is involved in this process, I know it's a coding issue and it may well be impractical to do, I'm also aware that Pinpics have been considering a layout change in recent times.

But it is food for thought :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back