• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice for a newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice for a newbie?

DarlingDame

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have been collecting Disney for a few years, but mostly collect dolls. I am trying to help my 8 yo daughter because she loves pins and ever since our last Disneyland trip she has really wanted to collect them, and build up traders for our next Disney trip. I thought this could be a really fun thing to do together. Only problem is that I am completely clueless about pin collecting. She has a starter set from Disneyland. I was wondering where the best place to get her some inexpensive traders would be? Also, where do you get the books, or do you make them? She's already said that she's interested in collecting Princesses, and will probably mostly want Belle, Aurora, Rapunzel, Elsa, and Marie. I'm excited to do this with her because it's the first thing she's ever been interested in collecting and obviously we both share the love for Disney. Any advice on getting started would be great. Thanks!

Also, so sorry if I missed a getting started thread. I did a search and couldn't find one. I thought asking may be the best way to go since I am seriously clueless about it. Just need some direction on where to start...

Some traders make their own pin books, but mostly they buy them from the parks. My mother started pin trading in 2002 (give or take) and she bought pin trader books in the park, and they're still in perfect condition.

As for getting traders, there are a lot of sellers on this forum who sell grab bags or cheap traders. Don't buy these things from Ebay, especially if you're still new to pins. Lots of grab bags on Ebay are scrappers. I'd roam a bit through the sale thread here.

There are two Disney Outlet stores near Disney World. I don't know if there are any near Disneyland, but do some research and see if there is. They are great for inexpensive pins. Do NOT buy grab bags from ebay no matter how tempting the price may be. They are all scrappers or fakes!

You'll get plenty of information on scrapper problems here.

As OlafOlaf said, check the sales section of the forum! Sometimes members will sell their entire collections/side collections to help pay for bills or if they simply have no desire to collect or trade that specific collection anymore, and the prices can be very cheap compared to the other legitimate stuff on eBay, plus they will be sold for a better cause (to help members)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back