• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice on Selling Designer Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice on Selling Designer Dolls

melanium

Pin Trader from the Future!
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hi all,
Let me preface this post by saying that I *hope* I'm not breaking any rules in my questions, I just really need some opinions/advice on selling my Designer Villains dolls and have not tried at all yet because I'm a little scared of what I could be getting myself into (since I'm not really involved in the doll community AT ALL).

I have an Ursula, Cruella, and Queen of Hearts that I'd like to sell, but I have unboxed them. As far as I can tell, no one seems to do this and so I'm concerned that if I try to sell them someone may try to take advantage of this (with lots of new policies on other sites, etc that favor the buyer).

Should I bother selling them? Any tips for language? These have not been played with, they were just put into a glass case on display, but I didn't want a case in a case, so I unboxed them.

Anyone have experience selling unboxed dolls? :/

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Melanie

Did you keep the original cases with the cover and COA? Once they are deboxed, they are not worth as much and from what I have seen, the villain collection didn't take off. I took a loss on Mother Gothel and she was never removed from her case.

Did you keep the original cases with the cover and COA? Once they are deboxed, they are not worth as much and from what I have seen, the villain collection didn't take off. I took a loss on Mother Gothel and she was never removed from her case.

Yes, I have everything. Including the bags that came with them.

Make sure you put in your listing that you de-boxed the dolls, displayed them, and now they are back in the original box. Typically, de-boxed tolls are worth 50-75% of the mint in box / never removed from box dolls. But as Debi pointed out, the Designer Villainesses never took off. The only one that's worth "a lot" (and not even that) is Designer Maleficent.

Make sure you put in your listing that you de-boxed the dolls, displayed them, and now they are back in the original box. Typically, de-boxed tolls are worth 50-75% of the mint in box / never removed from box dolls. But as Debi pointed out, the Designer Villainesses never took off. The only one that's worth "a lot" (and not even that) is Designer Maleficent.

Hm, ok, maybe I'll sit on them a little longer.

Thanks for the info!!

Melanie

I think starry meant 50-75% of the market price.

If you're looking to get back what you paid for them, as long as you paid retail, it shouldn't be a problem

This grate and let me tell you, don't be scared! Everything has a start especially the kind of product you are working on it always well approached and at the same time people get amuse with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back