• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advise from my old Dizpins family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advise from my old Dizpins family

pinprincesses

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
As I wrote in the introductions a week ago or so ago, that I am an old trader and pin collector from the beginning of pin trading. I lived in Florida basically all my life until 6 years ago we moved to NJ for my husbands work. My older daughters loved trading but when we moved to NJ, there was no more Disney. Haven't been there since 2011.

The girls have decided to sell some of their collections and my youngest wants to start to trade.

I am trying to figure out prices for the pins they want to sell. Basically the auction pins. Any advise on pricing them? I know what they cost me , but how much generally do they go for years later when they are sold. Such pins are Ariel with shell necklace, Dressing Room Door series, lots of tinker bell and princesses, marie, lanyards metals- tinker bell, malificent... list is long. Not sure how to proceed. Never sold pins before. Advise is so appreciated. Thank you. If you don't want to post here , please email me. Thanks.

Wendy
pinprincesses

Unfortunately there's no easy solution to this problem . If you know the relevant PinPics numbers you can look through eBay completed listings to find the last price they sold for , not perfect but the only way I can think of .
If you'd like to PM me the pin numbers (or descriptions) I can look them up for you , currently sat in waiting for a delivery anyways :)

Thank you. Looked on Ebay yesterday and got most of the ones I have but Some arn't on there so that is what leaves me lost. I will try with the pin pic numbers and see. Thank you for the advise. Appreciate you responding .

Another helpful measure is to take a look at the want/trades ratio on pinpics. When you are looking at a pin it will list how many people want the pin, and how many people are offering the pin for trades. If there are a lot of people wanting the pin and very few trading then it should be worth more $$. Also it is likely going to be harder to find ebay listings for as people who have this pin are probably holding onto it in there forever collections. Less available = more valuable $

Hi there, I sold my NBC and WTP Auction pins on Ebay a few years ago and it was very challenging. A lot of times, I found myself at either extreme in regards to finding price information. #1 ) there would be a dozen of the same pin listed. So then it would be hard trying to decide if I should price it the same and just be one of 13 sellers with the pin. Or price it a little below in hopes people would buy my cheaper pin and knowing I wouldn't make as much money. Or #2) there would be no pin listing for a specific pin. And nothing in closed or sold auctions. Then I didn't even know where to start price-wise. I also came across situations where there would be only 1 pin listed at like a million dollars. It would be really misleading because you think the pin is really valuable but when you look at the auction, it had been listed for a long time.
What I ended up doing was listing them as auction style, at a moderate starting price. 10 days starting on Wednesday. That way they ended on a Sunday and it gave me 2 weekends to attract attention/bidders. In the end, I think it balanced out between the auctions that didn't get as much as I thought they should, and the ones that went higher then I expected.
For the ones that didn't get any bidding love, I used them as higher end traders. I also found that the selling price didn't always correspond to Pinpics ratios.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do and welcome back!

Last edited:
When I sold pins on the bay I would start them at 9.99 (cheaper listing fees then 10 dollars) and let the market decide what they are worth. If you are trying to sell them here that is a harder equation.

You say you live in New Jersey, there is a great group of traders called the Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders and they throw trading parties and have 2 major events a year. It would let you do some in person trading and from what everybody tells me they are a great group of people who actually trade. You can find them here: http://www.cjdpt.com/

Thank You David! I was just going to lead her in that direction.
I'm from NJ and I use to attend the NJ event. It's a 2 day event held in Somerset NJ usually April and October. Lots of fun and good trading. Traders come in from all states including CA.

Thank You David! I was just going to lead her in that direction.
I'm from NJ and I use to attend the NJ event. It's a 2 day event held in Somerset NJ usually April and October. Lots of fun and good trading. Traders come in from all states including CA.

I think they also have small events once a month if I remember correctly.

Wrote on the other post that I am sorry I disappeared. Mother with illness and it is rough time. Will be back soon , I hope . thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back