• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alert! Alert! UPDATED! Psycho's gift auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alert! Alert! UPDATED! Psycho's gift auction!

Psycho Pixie

Vacations are a grand thing
Rating - 100%
213   0   0

DATE is set, Rules are posted and the pin is in hand!!!!
point system is in a link below!!!!!

A HUGE thank you to Rebecca (Moe's awesome wife)
For this exceptional pin!

So check it out!!!!
Here is the pin you will be bidding to give away!!!!!!

Pin 81719: DLP - Gift Pin Event - Jumbo - Ariel , Stitch , Flounder
Click pic for link to pinpics info folks.

:rock:Super Awesome Psychotic Holiday Gift Surprise!!!!:rock:​

:bowdown:This excellent pin will be auctioned by me. Starting November 24th and ending December 3rd

:angel:these are the rules for this auction as they will appear:
  1. You are not bidding for yourself. You are bidding to send it to SOMEONE ELSE as a gift! No sneeky way around it either!!
  2. You may NOT tell anyone who you are bidding for! It’s a secret! Don’t tell anyone. Not even me! Not even if they torture you for the information. ((well, ok, if they start removing nails or doing water torture I forgive you.))
  3. Your bid MUST include pin numbers! I have enough to do without searching for your pin description. Bids with no pin numbers will be disregarded.
  4. Bids must be for pins in hand. No future pins please!
  5. A point system has been established. All bids will be given a point value. The point system is in a link below. ((not yet)) It is there for folks to follow along or spot check my results if they wish to.
  6. PODM bids MUST have a picture of the Frame, frames are given point value based on how sought after they are. A PODM “expert†will be consulted if needed.
  7. You do not need to give me your total point value when you bid, I will figure it out.
  8. If you ADD to your bid, you MUST post all of the previous bid plus the new additions in your reply.
  9. If you CHANGE your bid, you MUST put in large letters, bold if possible that it is a brand new unrelated bid, so that I know to erase all previous point values for you.
  10. The plan is to put all bids on the points board so that everyone knows exactly where they stand.

:crazy:So basically:: I auction a pin, I send the pin to someone the winner determines, I send the winner a pin for their trouble, and I send all the winning bid pins to other people who I think deserve them. Merry Christmas!!!!!:crazy:

ALERT!!

Here is the link to the point system I will be using.
Two vital things to know:
1~ This link is the viewable form.
2~If you wish to use it, you need to click on file, and download.
Do not open it in google docs, it will not work.

** this point system is as fair as possible. And is not up for discussion for this auction. If after the auction folks wish to discuss tweeks and adjustments, that can be done as a thread, I will be happy to open.**

christmas-balls-decoration_~k5442318.jpg

​IF YOU WISH TO DO YOUR OWN GIFT AUCTION OF YOUR OWN:
  • Out of respect for the fact that it is my idea, please.... Do not run a gift auction until after mine, do Not run your auction while mine is running. My Gift auction will end at 11:59pm on the date listed above.
  • What you do is your own concern, give away the pins you win from the bids or keep them. That's your prerogative. But state clearly how you are going to choose a winner and what will happen to all the pins involved.
Since the last day to post mail before Christmas, guaranteed delivery is the 14th, and for UK delivery its December 12th. I do not suggest anyone have a gift auction date end after December 11th. Which is why I changed my end date... To allow someone else to run a gift auction if they wish too. May I suggest that if you ARE going to run the gift auction, you announce it on your own thread right away so that no-one ends up competing with you too.

Last edited:
Awww I think this is such an awesome idea!!! I think lots of people should do this in December, if it's okay with you, so numerous people can get random gifts like this and to encourage holiday-time zapping!!

If others wanna take my idea and run with it that's cool, but all I ask is that they Talk to me first about what pin is being auctioned. I don't want anyone taking my thunder by accidentally listing the pin I am secretly working to get for this.

Also if you want to assist in my quest to get the "big gun" pin for this auction, or the surprise gift for the winner, please PM me to set up a trade if possible.

Sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see the auction start and end :) I hope the person who won will tell us or something! Surprise reactions are always great! ^__^

This is a really thoughtful and wonderful idea. I have some gifts I'm working on as Christmas zaps for people. It's such a warm and fuzzy feeling to do something nice for someone else, especially when they don't expect it.

Very awesome idea! What happens if we don't know the address of the person we want to bid for?

Well most people have signed up for PIFs and Zaps so you could ask the moderator of that forum for the addy OR privately ask the last person they traded with for their addy :3

Ditto what Carissa said about Mods having addresses. I also have about 60 addresses on file currently from all my previous trades. There is a possibility I will have the recipients address.

Alright, I have had 2 PM's inquiring about using this idea for themselves as well... SO, I am going to edit OP a bit up there, and set some guidelines.

If other wish to do this style of auction for the holiday season, lets control it so that bids dont get "watered down", and so that the Gift auctions are not competing with eachother for attention. Its about 6:50pm pst right now. gimmie ten minutes to edit the OP and set the ground rules for others to hop on the gift auction train!

Alright, I have had 2 PM's inquiring about using this idea for themselves as well... SO, I am going to edit OP a bit up there, and set some guidelines.

If other wish to do this style of auction for the holiday season, lets control it so that bids dont get "watered down", and so that the Gift auctions are not competing with eachother for attention. Its about 6:50pm pst right now. gimmie ten minutes to edit the OP and set the ground rules for others to hop on the gift auction train!
Oh goodie! more than one! *__* this will be such fun!

I just might have a pin for this excellent auction after this weekend!!!!!

Updates to come folks!

Anyone else going to do a "gift auction" after mine in December?

My auction coming up isn't like a gift one like yours..but it is very generous so I'll wait to do mine after yours and everyone elses x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back