• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Wonderland Event

rubyslipperedgoddess

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
When I was at the D23 WDI event I heard whisperings about an Alice in Wonderland pin event that was going to be in February or March and I was just curious if anyone could enlighten me on this. I'm going to be moving out of state soon and I'll be crushed if I miss it because of my move. Thanks!

I can not see Disney hosting an event NEXT MONTH without announcing it way ahead of time. Logistically does not seem possible at Disneys "Snail pace" approach

I did hear about it from an artist working on it during Dateline Disneyland event but I have not heard much else except for that it was being worked on back in July.

This year is the 60th anniversary and the movie is being re-released on Feb 1. Seems like the wise thing is to have an event correspond with the release, but that's probably too logical.

They discussed the Alice event at the Pin Trading Event at WDW last year. I can't remember when it was supposed to be, but I believe it is in the summer.

From what I remember Disney saying at the pin event last year, I don't think it's an event, per se, the way Trade City or Love is Magical are events. I think DLR is just getting a series of AIW pins released over a period of time (most likely a few weeks).

From what I heard tonight from others is that there is no event at all. Just a LE 100 frame set that will be released sometime. i heard it has 5 pins in the set. I did not hear anything else and did not get to look at the upcoming pin boards.

There were a series of Alice pins on display at tonight's PTN. They are to be released in April or May and there will be an artist signing on the day that they are released. CM said that the signing would be inside the park, most likely at the LGM store.

Tonight or I guess it was yesterday at DL PTN there were several Alice in Wonderland pins, ranging from LE100 to LE1000. According to the lady, sorry I don't know who everyone is like all of you, they will all be released on a single day sometime in April. The pin release will coincide with a signing. And in March they will be releasing an Alice pin and litho, similar to 81929.

I REALLY need to start saving now. I hope I can get all the pins I need.

I really like the Alice mystery box set. I feel sorry for the Alice completeists because that will be hard to get the full set. 10 pins, each pin is LE 200. Plus there are mystery chasers which will probably lower the edition size below 200. And since the set is LE, that means a limit of 2 per pin or each person can buy 4 pins and then try and hunt down the other 6 (excluding chasers) from everyone else doing the same thing..... Fun times ahead!

I really like the Alice mystery box set. I feel sorry for the Alice completeists because that will be hard to get the full set. 10 pins, each pin is LE 200. Plus there are mystery chasers which will probably lower the edition size below 200. And since the set is LE, that means a limit of 2 per pin or each person can buy 4 pins and then try and hunt down the other 6 (excluding chasers) from everyone else doing the same thing..... Fun times ahead!

Are these the cards? Oh wow...

When and where are these pins supposed to be released?

From DLR PTN, it was said from one of the managers in charge that night, that the Alice pins, mystery boxes and individual pins, not sure about the frame set, would be released all on the same day. They were considering the online wristband distribution system that they tried several times before for this release. I'm not an Alice fan, so I didn't study the pins very well, but the mystery box itself was pretty cool! And the pins were even cooler! It will be a DLR release only. There was no mention of any special event for this release.

WDI may have a separate day of Alice pins, but I have heard nothing about that. I just hope it will be a D23 member day so that we can get in!

One of the main reasons why I have stopped Disney pin trading was because of the BS of the online wristband system. If someone wants a pin, show up! I thought I would get back into pins this year, but if they continue their system of releasing pins for DLR, sorry but I'm still done. The Alice sets look amazing, though, and I hope to compete in getting them with everyone else and have some fun with it. Here's to a year of Alice! Oh and do I need to mention last summer's event and how that debacle turned out, not really looking forward to an event under the current management anytime soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back