• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Aloha! Kia ora! Talofa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha! Kia ora! Talofa!

Midoria

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aka "Hello"! I'd been poking around the forum reading up on what everyone is saying about Moana, but I guess I read too much because I was asked to register. :lol: Anyway, I'm pleased to be here. I normally collect American Girl, but seriously thinking about becoming a Moana collector instead. Time will tell.

See ya around the forum!

Hi, welcome to the forum!:) I collect American Girl too, actually. And I say why not collect both, lol?:p Which AG dolls do you have?:)

Right now, I have 2 Kanani dolls, 2 Addy dolls, Kaya, Samantha, Rebecca, Cecile, Marie-Grace, #33 and, 1 custom. I'm planning on selling half of them next week.

I want to stop collecting AG because they are large and take up more room than I have. When I moved to Hawaii, I had a huge downsize, and I've recently downsized even more. With the Moana merch, I can buy things of all sizes to display and wear, etc. AG's are always the same size and only come in doll form. Also, Disney makes great collectibles while AG doesn't.

Welcome to the forum!! I was a big fan of American Girl growing up (Kit was my favorite). I was actually at one of the American Girl stores this summer, and saw their Lea display! I found it kind of funny about how she is also big on exploration and adventure, knowing that the Moana film was soon to be released. I feel like they would be good friends. :lol:

Edit: We also have several doll collectors on this forum. While most of the talk is about Disney dolls, I'm sure there has got a be a few who also collect AG!

Last edited:
Right now, I have 2 Kanani dolls, 2 Addy dolls, Kaya, Samantha, Rebecca, Cecile, Marie-Grace, #33 and, 1 custom. I'm planning on selling half of them next week.

I want to stop collecting AG because they are large and take up more room than I have. When I moved to Hawaii, I had a huge downsize, and I've recently downsized even more. With the Moana merch, I can buy things of all sizes to display and wear, etc. AG's are always the same size and only come in doll form. Also, Disney makes great collectibles while AG doesn't.
Cool! Kanani is my favorite by far...she was back in 2011 when she came out and still is now, lol.

Fair enough. That's very true-they do take up a LOT of room.:p And AG certainly does not make actual great collectibles like Disney does. I don't know if you have her already or not, but the Disney Store classic Moana doll is awesome. You should totally get her if you haven't yet:) (Well, assuming you want her, of course:p)

Cool! Kanani is my favorite by far...she was back in 2011 when she came out and still is now, lol.

Fair enough. That's very true-they do take up a LOT of room.:p And AG certainly does not make actual great collectibles like Disney does. I don't know if you have her already or not, but the Disney Store classic Moana doll is awesome. You should totally get her if you haven't yet:) (Well, assuming you want her, of course:p)

When I went to pick up my LE doll, the Moana section was so small because they can't keep anything in stock. I really want the singing Moana just for that amazing Tuiga (headpiece), but I've never seen it in person due to the fast sellouts. I checked the stock yesterday for both dolls and it said the stock was low. When I checked again this morning hoping to go after work, it was gone! I may take advantage of the free shipping and 25% discount special they're running on Moana items.

Does Disney put popular things on sale? I know with AG, it tends to be the slow sellers that are discounted, but I would assume Moana stuff is selling well.

Welcome to the forum!! I was a big fan of American Girl growing up (Kit was my favorite). I was actually at one of the American Girl stores this summer, and saw their Lea display! I found it kind of funny about how she is also big on exploration and adventure, knowing that the Moana film was soon to be released. I feel like they would be good friends. :lol:

You know, I totally forgot that I have Kit and Caroline, too! Goodness. I actually think Moana and Caroline would be good friends because of their strong sailing abilities. I remember Caroline had a little boat as part of her collection.

Last edited:
Aloha and Welcome! :wavey:

We're very happy to have you as a member. I have yet to see Moana, but I promise to see it soon, but based upon what I have heard, I do understand why you would want to start collecting it. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it.

A word of advice: collect what you love, not what's necessarily 'popular' or 'valuable.' Pin values fluctuate constantly; this is a hobby, not a means to retirement or wealth. In regards to selecting a theme (movie, character, etc) to collect, there is no rush. When you've made up your mind as to what to collect, you'll know, and once you've decided, we'll be here to offer advice and support (and maybe some trades) to help you build an amazing collection you'll love.

Yes, please! My Moana Funko Pops came a few days ago! :)

Nice! I just got the singing doll for Christmas and while I'll be keeping the Doll in the box (probs) I've already carefully removed the necklace because I make and sell her hemp necklace so I plan to put the pendant on a more accurate chain :D

Nice! I just got the singing doll for Christmas and while I'll be keeping the Doll in the box (probs) I've already carefully removed the necklace because I make and sell her hemp necklace so I plan to put the pendant on a more accurate chain :D

Oh, my singing Moana came out of the box because that tuiga was look so perfect on her. I love that she can change her clothes I'll put up a picture in the Moana merchandise thread.

Hello and welcome! I didn't know people collected AG stuff! I used to have the computer game back when I was a kid but no actual dolls :[ I'm actually about to go watch Moana right now (cuz I'm late to the party... haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back