• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alternate ID's

Should Alt ID's be permitted?

• Yes. *please state why in reply*

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • No. *please state why in reply*

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • none of my business if they have them

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters
Alternate ID's
I don't care either way if they are banned or not, I can accept the decision of the moderators regarding this issue. I will say that I have an alternate login which I consider my back-up account. I was involved with a murder mystery in the game forum in which the server suddenly locked me out of threads. I was given approval to make a second one, and so I currently have an alternate ID with 150 posts...

I stepped over the yellow police tape and made my way to the scene of the crime. The moonlight found a way to light the street through the foggy haze, but the nearby buildings were as dark as my trenchcoat. I knew the citizens of DPF were peering at me behind their windows, trying to get a glimpse of what all the ruckus was about. I knew I was flirting with disaster, as this would most likely blow my cover, but I also knew that I had to make a move before things started to spiral out of control.

All that was left at the scene was a white chalky outline, and the words “BANNEDâ€. I knew exactly who it was. It was an alternate account.

Johnson.

He was an undercover sleuth like myself, although a little more cocky. That’s what got him banned, and it’s the reason why I work alone. I knew I would see his ugly mug again, but I didn’t know it would be like this. Above me, I saw someone peak out of a window. I called out to him, but he quickly scurried back into the darkness. Something was going on, something bad. I poured myself a midnight snack and sat on the bench next to me. Elbows on my knees, I hung my head below my shoulders.

‘Think Noir!â€, I said out loud.

Johnson took the fall this time, but who’s next? When does it stop? I grinned to myself and took another swig. What a classy crowd this is.

I have a hard enough time remembering what I say as myself. I can't imagine trying to remember what the other me had to say also. :D

Yeah, I don't really care if someone has one as long as they aren't harrassing people or trolling or anything. Other than that, I don't give a hoot.

I have never felt a need to hide behind a keyboard... If I have something to say, my name will be attached to it...

That being said, there should be an exception for Disney_Noir as his writting is very cleverly written and I would hate to lose him to the shadows forever... LOL...

+a billion

i don't see a really good reason to have two accounts, what can't you do on your main account that you need two? do you also have two FB's? why the option to hide? i am not saying everyone is doing something wrong when they have a second account its just something i don't get

I stepped over the yellow police tape and made my way to the scene of the crime. The moonlight found a way to light the street through the foggy haze, but the nearby buildings were as dark as my trenchcoat. I knew the citizens of DPF were peering at me behind their windows, trying to get a glimpse of what all the ruckus was about. I knew I was flirting with disaster, as this would most likely blow my cover, but I also knew that I had to make a move before things started to spiral out of control.

All that was left at the scene was a white chalky outline, and the words “BANNED”. I knew exactly who it was. It was an alternate account.

Johnson.

He was an undercover sleuth like myself, although a little more cocky. That’s what got him banned, and it’s the reason why I work alone. I knew I would see his ugly mug again, but I didn’t know it would be like this. Above me, I saw someone peak out of a window. I called out to him, but he quickly scurried back into the darkness. Something was going on, something bad. I poured myself a midnight snack and sat on the bench next to me. Elbows on my knees, I hung my head below my shoulders.

‘Think Noir!”, I said out loud.

Johnson took the fall this time, but who’s next? When does it stop? I grinned to myself and took another swig. What a classy crowd this is.

this is the 2nd time i see you post and i am a fan of your work

I feel that having a second ID is for hiding/sneaking/not being upfront and don't see a reason it would/should be needed on this site??? Personally I would prefer to "know" who I am conversing/transacting with and vice versa as all of our dealings here usually involve our reputations/reliability/trustworthiness in some way or another.

we voted "dont care either way" because we're both for Yes and No. Yes cuz maybe u got tired of your Name and wanted to change it to something fancier.and NO because if you're a member on here and you find the need to talk crap to someone and hide behind another name, than why not just change your name to "coward" (i think its suitable) I mean if you got something to say to someone, just say it and use your true username! We've seen wayy to many new handles on here who just post comments to directly target someone which is pathetic. Anyhow, great poll Kristine!

37100446.jpg

All that was left at the scene was a white chalky outline, and the words “BANNED”. I knew exactly who it was. It was an alternate account.

Johnson.

‘Think Noir!”, I said out loud.

I have to say no to any rule that muzzles Noir.

...so I voted 'yes'....as for the alt ID's used to provoke drama, maybe the mods could immediately ban an ID if there is an infraction and another ID from the same place is already banned?

I am to dumb in have a alt id, Rolandami in my user name at a lot of places. As far as a site like this where pin selling/buying/trading happens, I think alt IDs are a bad idea. I think in this hobby/forums, you need to be who you are.

Personally I don't think they should be allowed. With a forum that relies so heavily on references and feedback, and with many transactions being in the $100s, it is all to easy for a person with bad feedback to create another account to escape that feedback. And in all honesty, if people are posting things on their alternative account that they don't want associated with their main account, then it probably shouldn't be posted!

I think it is way too much work for something that is supposed to be a hobby.

And in all honesty, if people are posting things on their alternative account that they don't want associated with their main account, then it probably shouldn't be posted!

This.

Back