• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I asking too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I asking too much?

Jrdnsmom

Active DPF Member
Rating - 98.9%
93   1   0
I got a PM from a member who wanted to know if I was willing to trade my Lion King PODM with him and to look in his trades, I found 2 pins I would really like but am not sure if I am asking too much of him, I went off of how much my pin Originally cost 24.95 and both his pins were around 12.95 ea one is an O.E and the other a DSF L.E 300 http://www. pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=86110&sid=4647.1346621419.v2 and http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=86311&sid=4829.1346621679.v2 My PODM scene is little bitty baby Simba in his moms arms looking up at Rafikis gord a very sweet scene. I went off of wants vs trades and ORIGINALcost and nothing more. he asked if I wanted one or the other or both I explained the reason behind choosing both and I have not heard from him since. Im not looking to cause trouble im just asking the rest of the forum members am I asking too much from him or am I being fair, Please some advice because I really don't know, Im not so good at trading.

You're scene is one I see that people really want. The OE pin is nothing special except to maybe you and the other person (It's very pretty in real life!) and the Soda Fountain pin is beautiful. It was my grail and it is amazing, but as far as traders go, if they're looking solely at the W/T it's only 1 in 2 people looking for it, so it's really not a bad pin but not great. (It's amazing to me and the best pin ever though LOL)

I think it just depends on that person.

I think you may be getting a very slight shorter end of the stick but if that's a pin you really like it doesn't matter. It's just hard to say.

Id say it all depends on which scene it is and if the person had that scene or not. Im not sure which scenes are the best as I think Im in the small number who dont collect them or have any XD

I would personally say its not too much but they could be looking at new release vs last years pins. Id say you will get the two pins you want soon enough and dont let people get you down.

I got a PM from someone who said my trade was fair but they honestly didnt want to waste the time to go mail out the 1 pin overseas.... :facepalm:

Ok sometimes I feel like I ask too much, I guess because they quit responding I assume I am, But it just could be, he went out or to work, I really was planning to keep it because I like the scene, but I told him I was willing to trade with him.

I'm by no means an expert on these things, but it sounds like a fair trade to me...

I often trade multiple pins for the one pin I really want, and PODMs are high in demand these days!

I see the Lion King DSF pin on your Sig, Congrats! is it a greater pin in person? It looks so neat!

It's absolutely beautiful. It's pin on pin and the giraffes in the background are a metal coming out of a pretty green glass like background and the leaves are sculpted underneath the green so that they look like they are further back to give a very pretty sense of depth. I absolutly love it and am forever in debted to my friend who gave it to me.

I think you explained the trade well to the one you wanted to trade with. I think it was fair. I think the face value for each was good. Plus, the PODM pins are so popular right now.

Perhaps they just changed their mind about the trade. But of course it would be nice if they could say so, rather than just not responding.

It happens to me too, people respond to my TA saying yes, but when I respond to accept I never hear again, so dont worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back