• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I being impatient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I being impatient?

alizesmom

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I purchased pins from a member on this board and sent the money via paypal 2 weeks ago. After a week I asked him/her about it and was told he/she was busy but would mail on Tues and email me for sure on Mon. Now, a week later, nothing. I emailed the sender again about 24 hours ago and, so far, nothing. I did check referances and though there were only a few, they were good. Am I being pushy? This was a multipin deal so there is a significant amount of money involved.

Not at all. I've dealt with a seller like this before. She was horrible at getting pins out. The first time it happened I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she really was busy, but then it happened again on another transaction and I had to hound her. Unacceptable.

You don't sound impatient or pushy to me. You paid two weeks ago, and you are asking the seller for basic information about shipping.

Did the seller tell you prior to the sale when he/she would ship the pins? I think sellers should do that. (I do that.) But even if the seller didn't tell you prior to the sale, he/she promised a specific shipping date when you contacted him/her after the sale, and you have reason to suspect the seller hasn't fulfilled that promise.

If you are polite in your inquiries, an honest or diligent seller won't take your questions amiss.

No I don't think your being impatient. I bought 5 pins from a member here too and haven't received anything. It's been 3 weeks. I wonder if its the same person?

I would give her an ultimatum, if the pins are not sent out by a specific time, you will figure out a way to get your money back and leave negative feedback. Just an idea. Hope it all works out!

No, not at all. When you make an agreement to trade, the implicit understanding (unless otherwise specified or communicated and agreed to) is that the pins will be mailed in a timely manner, usually within 24-48 hours of the trade being finalized. When you make a sale/purchase, the same rules normally apply. Once the payment has been received (or if paying by check, clears), the pins should be mailed out within 24-48 hours (again, unless another shipping timeline is arranged and agreed to prior to any money ever being sent).

It doesn't matter if you are involved with a multipin sale or a single pin sale. Your seller should have sent you your pins in a timely manner and you shouldn't have to chase after him/her to do so. As long as your are polite, there is no reason for the seller not to respond - and even less reason not to mail out pins you legitimately have paid for. If you don't get them soon, you may want to consider pursuing other avenues; notifying the moderators since the sale happened here, disupting the purchase through Pay Pal (provided you didn't 'gift' the money), or possibly filing a fraud claim.

Good luck; I hope you get your pins soon and the situation resolves itself.

No. When there's money involved, 2 weeks is generous for the actual mailing date, unless you set up an agreed time frame prior and/or during the sale. I would give them 48 hrs to respond. Then write back and tell them that you want the pins mailed by xx date with delivery confirmation or a scan copy of the postal receipt. DC or receipt must be provided to you within 24 hrs of mailing. If they do not respond, tell them that you will file a Paypal claim (hopefully you paid Paypal so you have options). No need to get nasty- just tell them your expectations, give them a date in which you expect it to happen, and then explain the steps you'll take to resolve the issue if they cannot meet those expectations. I did that last year when I was waiting 6 weeks for someone to ship. I believe people's "life" stories/excuses but even I have my limits. As soon as I filed the Paypal claim, my pins were in the mail the next day. Funny how that worked.....

"Hounding sellers/traders" is the one area where I think people should use neutral feedback. Yes, you get your pins, but you shouldn't have to be on someone's case to get them sent. IMO, that's not a "positive" transaction and should not be recorded as such. A one time reminder, sure, everyone has a brain fart from time to time, but multiple pm's/emails, not cool. If you have to escalate to a moderator, paypal dispute, that's when IMO, it turns "negative."

Am I the only one here that feels like all this PM-ing of naughty traders is a bit gossipy??? If it is someone from a Pinpics trade that isn't here, ok, I can understand warning others. Or if it is someone that has a checkered past that others may not know about, ok. But if it is here, the feedback system should be used. What is the point of having a feedback system at all if people are just going to keep their own lists of shame? Plus, doing all of this by secret PM isn't really fair to the other party. Granted, they are usually in the wrong, but as we have seen in other threads, one person's bashing of someone else isn't always the whole story (this has nothing to do with you or your situation Martin...I think it is commendable that you aren't releasing the name until this is all sorted out).

Ok...short post made long....but, everyone should just be using the feedback system honestly. Everyone doesn't need to be all up in everyone else's business over PM.

Am I the only one here that feels like all this PM-ing of naughty traders is a bit gossipy??? If it is someone from a Pinpics trade that isn't here, ok, I can understand warning others. Or if it is someone that has a checkered past that others may not know about, ok. But if it is here, the feedback system should be used. What is the point of having a feedback system at all if people are just going to keep their own lists of shame? Plus, doing all of this by secret PM isn't really fair to the other party. Granted, they are usually in the wrong, but as we have seen in other threads, one person's bashing of someone else isn't always the whole story (this has nothing to do with you or your situation Martin...I think it is commendable that you aren't releasing the name until this is all sorted out).

Ok...short post made long....but, everyone should just be using the feedback system honestly. Everyone doesn't need to be all up in everyone else's business over PM.

I concur.

DANGIT!!!!!!!!
There is no excuse in my opinion.
It's one thing to do a trade and take a day or two but when you pay for a pin, it should ship in maximum 48 hours, personally I think 24 hours but I like to be fair.
Like most sellers on the bay, they will ship within 48 hours of receipt of payment.

They listed them to sell, you pay in good faith, they should ship immediatly. NO EXCUSES.
If they cant ship, there should be a disclaimer.

There should be a sub-forum where people only post their bad trades/sales. This is all this forum is now... =/

Glad to see someone else thinks this way too!
Honestly, I don't think the name should be released. That's why we have the feedback score. I posted my opinion once and I'll post it again, that's why we have the feedback score. Let's not have a bunch of blacklisted people on the board. I think the feedback system works just fine.

No, you are not the only one. The whole gossipy/PM me thing is a huge turn off for me and one of the things that is turning me off this board. I feel like we've regressed to the third grade. Shame too as I've been around for 10 plus years and never felt this way until now. I think when new traders ask for assistance in situations they think have or are going to go bad, then we should assist them in options they can take to resolve the issue. And that includes negative feedback IF the situation cannot be resolved in any other manner. Then, the negative feedback will speak for itself. Instead the mindset here seems to be shoot now (put them on the BAD list) and ask questions later. Some people are not bad traders, they just make honest mistakes. In the past 3 months, I've made one error and I've had 4 errors that traders made with me. Why would I want to ruin someone's good reputation for an honest mistake? Why would I want mine ruined because I made an error? I am sorry, but I just don't think people can be perfect 100% of the time and we need to let them have a chance to fix it before their name and reputation gets bashed on this forum.

I concur.

If the feedback system had worked, I wouldn't have bought from this person. Through PM, I have heard from another member who also didn't get her pins and looking at the offending member's messages, a third person is asking where his pins are. I am very discouraged about this and am out a lot of money. I trusted the system here and it failed me.

Slightly off topic, but I wish there was a thread that we could post about unreliable/bad websites that sell pins. I had found the Tangled opening day pin from a site that sold park merchandise and couldn't find a single review of their service anywhere on the web. Still I took the chance and got the run around for an item they supposedly had in stock and it ended up taking a few months for it to reach me - and it was only coming from Florida! I also know I'm not the only member here that's had an issue with the site.

As for all the posts about poor transactions/sellers/traders/buyers whatever - I take them with a grain of salt. I've asked in PM's for one or two of the names when I thought I might be dealing with the same person, but for the most part I like to give everyone a fair chance. If I do come across these "blacklist" people, I keep that in mind but I rely on the feedback system. If more people weren't afraid to give bad transactions a negative or neutral feedback (for transactions that happen here on this forum, not on some previous forum) I think the system would actually work.

I am going to be tarred and feather, but everyone's situation is different. In my case the person was BANNED, Blocked, Denied on Dizpins and Pin Pics and the victims were gagged by the Mods. I stated that this person did repay me, but they are still BANNED, Blocked, Denied on Dizpins and Pin Pics and they are here and I was shocked. I asked what to do and believe it or not, a lot of people know who I am talking about and asked me if it was them before I could respond. In fact this person has done 2 things that make you go hmmmmm, why change your avatar photo to a non photo and the other thing, well I won't say, but that smacks of a guilty conscious. As far as these post, people are worried and people do make mistakes and you get anxious when there is no response, but when it has to do with several people in the same time span-well.

We try to do things honestly and good people do not like to be taken advantage and want words of comfort. Some of you who preach gossip, have personally PM me about my dilemma.

Ok, begin the tar and feathering, doesn't bother me-I have cats and my clothes are covered in fur and kitty drool.

Last edited by a moderator:

We think a lot alike!

As for all the posts about poor transactions/sellers/traders/buyers whatever - I take them with a grain of salt. I've asked in PM's for one or two of the names when I thought I might be dealing with the same person, but for the most part I like to give everyone a fair chance. If I do come across these "blacklist" people, I keep that in mind but I rely on the feedback system. If more people weren't afraid to give bad transactions a negative or neutral feedback (for transactions that happen here on this forum, not on some previous forum) I think the system would actually work.

The only reason I started PMing people for names is because it seems like everyone is really hesitant about giving negative/neutral feedback to people who really deserve it.

I'm not sure why starting a thread in plain view of the person and agreeing to PM others their name....would be considered less offensive than just leaving negative/neutral feedback?!?!

In fact, I would rather someone leave a negative feedback, lay off the posting and PM.

I am going to be tarred and feather, but everyone's situation is different. In my case the person was BANNED, Blocked, Denied on Dizpins and Pin Pics and the victims were gagged by the Mods. I stated that this person did repay me, but they are still BANNED, Blocked, Denied on Dizpins and Pin Pics and they are here and I was shocked. I asked what to do and believe it or not, a lot of people know who I am talking about and asked me if it was them before I could respond. In fact this person has done 2 things that make you go hmmmmm, why change your avatar photo to a non photo and the other thing, well I won't say (Harry Potter fans might know-movie 1), but that smacks of a guilty conscious. As far as these post, people are worried and people do make mistakes and you get anxious when there is no response, but when it has to do with several people in the same time span-well.

We try to do things honestly and good people do not like to be taken advantage and want words of comfort. Some of you who preach gossip, have personally PM me about my dilemma.

Ok, begin the tar and feathering, doesn't bother me-I have cats and my clothes are covered in fur and kitty drool.

I think there is a difference between letting people know about a known, repeat offender and a mob of people scrambling to get the name of someone. I myself have warned people of members that were banned from Pinpics and have behaved unethicly on Pinpics, Dizpins, and ebay. But I don't blacklist someone's name prematurely.

This case for example. Is two weeks with no communication unacceptable? Yes, it is. But is it too early to tar and feather the person? Yes, it is. There is still a chance there was a problem. These types of posts should be used for advice on the situation, not to blacken someone's name. If the situation does in fact get to the point where it can't be resolved then people should be getting the moderators involved. And from there the appropriate feedback should be left to warn others.

No feedback system is perfect. It is only as good as the information people provide, in all cases of good traders/sellers gone bad, someone has to be the unlucky one to get burned first. It is unfortunate, but if there were no bad experiences before then the system didn't really fail you, the person did. In a couple of weeks, if you still haven't gotten the situation resolved then you can pursue getting your money back through Paypal. I know the mods have dealt with cases where that was needed before and they can help you if you have questions.

Last edited:
I think people are wary of leaving negative/neutral feedback since the feedback system isn't anonymous.They may feel guilty or fear a backlash from friends of the person they left neg for.Or even feel that other sellers may think that since the buyer had left a neg/neutral due to slow-mailing or other issues,they (seller) should avoid the person who has left neg/neutrals on other sellers accounts.

I think if there were a way to make perhaps the Negative feedback anonymous,then more members here would leave negative when appropriate...

Though if anyone I do a trade with deserves a negative or neutral I'm of course putting it there,since I could care less if some people see it as rude or a flag to avoid me in future trades/sales

The only reason I started PMing people for names is because it seems like everyone is really hesitant about giving negative/neutral feedback to people who really deserve it.

I have two thoughts on that:

1) If the negative feedback was truly deserved then people need to get over it and leave the appropriate feedback.

2) If they are hesitant....maybe there is a reason why and perhaps there is a part of the story that they don't want to share which they may have to if they post the hornet's nest by leaving bad feedback.

I think people are wary of leaving negative/neutral feedback since the feedback system isn't anonymous.They may feel guilty or fear a backlash from friends of the person they left neg for.Or even feel that other sellers may think that since the buyer had left a neg/neutral due to slow-mailing or other issues,they (seller) should avoid the person who has left neg/neutrals on other sellers accounts.

I think if there were a way to make perhaps the Negative feedback anonymous,then more members here would leave negative when appropriate...

Though if anyone I do a trade with deserves a negative or neutral I'm of course putting it there,since I could care less if some people see it as rude or a flag to avoid me in future trades/sales

I think that having anonymous feedback would backfire - people leaving multiple negatives and things like that. Thankfully I haven't had a negative experience on the forums yet, and I hope to keep it that way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back