• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I being silly to be nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I being silly to be nervous?

breagirl

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Hey guys,

Had a quick question and I figure you guys would set me straight :) I had a member contact me asking if I was interested in setting up a trade. We agreed on 10/18 and I mailed my pins the next day. I messaged on the 28th asking about the pins and although they had the ones I sent already, they had not yet mailed my pins but promised to do it right away. I still don't have the pins today and now the person's mailbox is full. I know I am probably overreacting, but I sent some really NICE pins and right now I don't have anything to show for it. How long is reasonable to wait to get a trade? Am I crazy to expect someone to let me know if there is going to be a two week delay in mailing the pins? Don't get me wrong, life happens (trust me, it's happened a lot for me lately) but I'm just wondering if this is normal practice?

Sometimes it is just as you said, life happens. I recently have taken to mailing pins out for trades myself, which is tough since I am sharing a car with my husband at the moment. I used to leave it to my husband but one particular pin he forgot he had for almost two weeks and when I found out I was not happy. Thankfully the other trader was okay with it (I told them what had happened). No real fault on my husband's part except for forgetfulness but to his defense, he is the manager of his own branch of employees and has enough to worry about let alone my pin trades. Even now, I sometimes don't get the pins mailed out on the exact day I say because of the one car issue and usually my husband doesn't get home until after 5pm. I try hard to let people know though and I ALWAYS use Delivery Confirmation when mailing pins. Also, my last purchase off Ebay, it took me a month to get my pinbag because the guy had forgotten and was cleaning out his office. It took me contacting him 3 times but I finally got it. I try hard to give people patience and the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, point is, just keep trying to contact them. Write on their profile comments/wall page and let them know that you've been trying to contact them. Ask if they shipped using DC and if they have a tracking number. If they didn't...well...that doesn't bode so well but I'd give them another business/mailing week and if there's still nothing then...worry. I've honestly never *yet* had a problem with pins not getting to me so I don't know what action to take in this situation. I hope it gets resolved for you soon though and that your pins show up :(

I am pretty new to pin trading my mail but this does not seem normal and I hope this is not a normal practice. Did you check their references?

Am I crazy to expect someone to let me know if there is going to be a two week delay in mailing the pins?

No way are you crazy - I'd be nervous, too. :anxious:

Sometimes it takes a good two or three weeks for me to get a pin via PinPics, but most of the pins I trade are small potatoes (i.e. cast lanyard pins and Hidden Mickeys), so I don't stress too much if I don't get them right away. Usually, that happens if I'm dealing with someone who is brand new at trading, and still getting the hang of mailing out pins. It sounds like you're dealing with something totally different.

Did this happen via DPF or PinPics?

If it happened via DPF, and their inbox is still full, try to contact them via email and visitor message, too. After exhausting all possible options, if you still haven't heard from them in another week, contact the moderators.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm worried for nothing...quite honestly, I'm just excited to get my pins :) References are great and they are super plugged in to the pin community so I'm sure it's just life getting in the way. Honestly, I just wish I would have known...I still would have traded, but wouldn't have trucked it to the mailbox every day hoping it's there :)

Before you get worried, theres a few things to consider...

1. Where are they located? If it was international it can take AGES for pins to arrive, and there is not a great inexpensive way to track it. If they are USA.... move on to the next point.
  2. Feedback scores... pinpics or DPF? pinpics only allows positive. So, if they have little or no feedback, it is a concern at this point. ((just cuz a person has little to no feedback doesnt make them a danger to trade with folks, but 2 weeks in, it might be a concern.))
  3. While life does occur, it is very important that people communicate. If their inbox is full, perhaps something occured that made them unable to use internet?
  4. october 18 was about 2 weeks ago. again, life may have gotten in the way, they may have just not gotten the opportunity to mail. bad trade ettiquette, but forgivable under certain cercemstances.
  5. ALSO, they may have shipped the pins standard instead of with Tracking and fast delivery. Sometimes newer traders dont realize they should get a DC#.

I hate to admit it, but even I have had occations where I do not ship promptly. It has always been with good reason.... And I attempt to communicate when it happens.

Contact them again if possible. On here, its easy, if the pm box is full, do a messege on their profile, or a thread titled with their ID to grab their attention. Via pinpics it is harder. And if it is a pinpics trade, you may want to just send a polite FYI to their admin's letting them know it might become a concern. Once you hit 1 month past due.... THEN it is time to really get the pinpics folks involved.

I've been waiting for almost 2 months for a pin as well from a member on here. :( Hope you get yours soon.

I would worry since they already got your pin. If they were international, I would say don't worry if they haven't gotten your pin. Usually I get my pin from an international trader a few days before or after they've received mine. Like everyone says, I would comment on their profile asking to clean out their inbox so they can tell you what is up with the pin. If they continue to blow you off, contact a moderator.

if you have their personal email use that and just keep track of it. Just keep leaving them messages on their thread. I recently bought 150 worth of pins from someone and the person was in contact with me when the money needed to be submitted but didn't hear back from her until 6 weeks later. An investigation occurred and she finally gave me the pins. I would keep track of everything just in case you need a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back