• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I destined never to get this pin?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I destined never to get this pin?!?

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
First, let me say, this is not a cry for help, etc. This is more like venting frustration to the situation for a pin you would think would be fairly easy to get, especially as I have now had three different chances and each time something goes wonky.

The pin in question is:
[pinpics]95806[/pinpics]: DLP - Pin trading event - Big thunder mountain event - Scrooge McDuck on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad wagon

pin95806

As of this post, it has a trade ratio of T:17 to W:40 (me being one of those 40). It is an LE600, which should make it easier to get than the normal LE400 from these events.

When the event was first announced, I was contacted by someone on the board who I have dealt with before, who offered to help me get it from someone attending the show. I agreed, and I have never heard back from them, even though I have sent a couple of PMs since, and they have been active through this week actually

So I figured I would hedge my bets, and someone else contacted me via e-mail, who I have dealt with before as well. They told me they had a trade set up for that pin, would I be interested? I told them sure, depending on what they were asking for, and then they said they might wait a bit, and I never heard back from them

Then finally, I was contacted via PM from someone else I had dealt with before, and they offered me the Scrooge plus another pin (Pin X). I asked them what they wanted in exchange, and they gave me a choice of 3 specific pins out of my traders. I chose one, let them know and then this morning, I get this PM:

Thx to agreeing to the trade. Would you please add another pin to yours b/c the Pin X release was hell & Scrooge train had mark up + high foreign shipping cost

to which I replied

With respect, that is not the trade offer you suggested to begin with. It really is not cool when someone agrees to a trade, and you say "Well, I want another pin on top of what we agreed to"

As much as I want the Scrooge pin, I will pass now

To me, it seems OK, if one fell through, thems the breaks, two fell through, I was just unlucky, but now three, it must be fate for me never to have this pin :facepalm: , LOL.

Thank you for letting me rant!

Last edited:
Awe man! sorry Broncobilly I'm sure you will get the pin, it will come, I hope you get it. Hang in there, yeah after finalizing a trade thats not very cool last minute adding a pin. Hugs

Good things come to those who wait! I'm sure you'll manage to get it, and perhaps at a steal too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back