• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something?

cristywill

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Hi guys,

I'm asking this question because I'm just plain confused. Maybe I'm trading wrong or I am missing something. I was trying to set up a multitrade via pin pics. There were several pins we were discussing. In my opinion they had the better deal, but I was ok with that. The negotiating stopped when I told him I was interested in the pin below. He said "I'm only trading that pin for a grail". Am I missing something? Its LE 2900 and doesn't have a great wants/trades ratio. I know its from Japan, but I have other Japanese pins that I would not consider "grail worthy". I thought I was OK and setting up fair trades but now I'm doubting myself. What do you guys think?

Pin 10708: History of Art - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Villains (1937)

Wow I don't think I recognize any of those people trading it. I know those old Histroy of Art Japan pins were kind of collectible long ago, but they have kind of fell out of the limelight because noone would trade them. The collection sort of imploded on itself. They are no where near as hard as the 100 Years of Magic Japan pins.

Perhaps the value is "personal." IE it's a pin the trader would keep in their collection, but they would trade it for a grail.

I have been trying for the Lion King of that collection and no one seems to want to let it go :dunno:

I bet you will be able to get it from someone else though!

Perhaps the value is "personal." IE it's a pin the trader would keep in their collection, but they would trade it for a grail.

I totally understand that. What puzzles me is that I seemed to offend this person by asking for pin. ( I was offering a LE 1000 with a higher wants/trades ratio). The whole multitrade was canceled because I asked for this pin.

Seems like you saved yourself a headache. As they say: "maybe it just wasn't meant to be." Who knows maybe you'll luck out and get an even better trade for the pins you want. Good luck ;)

I've almost bought the pin a few times but it's not that nice looking of a pin, IMO. The pin doesn't sell for over $20 and it would sell for $20 on a really good day. It's not a grail worthy pin. It's honestly not a popular Snow White pin.

Last edited:
I recognize some of the old Japan traders (I used to trade with several of them quite often). I would say some aren't around any more, but I think PP cleaned house not to long ago and either deleted or 'closed'? accounts that hadn't been used in some time, so not sure what to say. Maybe they are more valuable to them, over there, than to us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back