• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I wrong to be disappointed????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Vicki, sorry to hear about this!! I agree, they should have offered to you first. :down:personally, I think that if money was a problem for them, they decided to sell those pins for profit $$$$$ and that's why they never contacted you first. :mad:

I'm heading down to LA next week for my niece's graduation and hope to pop over to DLR either the 14th or 15th. LMK if you need anything. I only charge double ;)

Thank you very much! That is an over the top offer, as I know how bombarded your going to be with the upcoming Haunted Mansion event.

Your very sweet and I truly thank you!!!

Vicki

Aw Vicki, this really is dissapointing honey :( I don't get this person, you offered the money several times and the pin where bought for you and now he/she is selling them....
If you ever need anything from Disneyland Paris, please let me know I would love to help :)

Thank you for your kind words and yes, I very thankful to the members of DPF for being so generous!!!!

Vicki

Vicki, sorry to hear this happened! They should have kept their word in selling you the pin. I'm glad someone else can sell you a replacement!

Your soooo sweet for a villan!!!! Lolol

Someone sold me one at cost and I'm very thankful!!!!!

Watch your mailbox!!! Something was sent out earlier today. :)

Vicki

hey Vicki, I have Aladdin POMH, yours if you want it!

Oiy! How many people are gonna miss this trade event? I think a lot! I just found out were having a party for our nephew on the same day, so now I can't go either. :-(

You and I will catch up at the next one.

Charge me double, beat! :)

Vicki

Hey Vicki, sorry to hear about this!! I agree, they should have offered to you first. :down:personally, I think that if money was a problem for them, they decided to sell those pins for profit $$$$$ and that's why they never contacted you first. :mad:

I'm heading down to LA next week for my niece's graduation and hope to pop over to DLR either the 14th or 15th. LMK if you need anything. I only charge double ;)

GRRRR- yeh sorry to be the negative nancy, but a verbal agreement is binding. It is rude to sell "your pins" without selling them to you first. What it sounds like to me is they realized after they got you the pins that they were gonna sell to you at cost, that they could sell them for double or more to someone else and thats what they did....just sayin its possible. There really isnt another answer, cause if they needed $ they could have easily asked you for it. shame shame. I would keep this in mind next time you rely on them to get something for you. On a good note, you'll get your pin and have many wonderful dependable folks here to play with!!! lotsa kids on this playground.

I hear ya! I am inclined to agree as there would be no reason not to ask me for the money unless they were trying to sell them at higher cost.

Its sad because I trusted them and thought we had a very good trading relationship!

Live & learn, live and learn!!!!

Yes, lots of kids here on this playground!!!!

Met a number of them recently and all have been wonderful, including you!!!!

Thank you!!

Vicki

GRRRR- yeh sorry to be the negative nancy, but a verbal agreement is binding. It is rude to sell "your pins" without selling them to you first. What it sounds like to me is they realized after they got you the pins that they were gonna sell to you at cost, that they could sell them for double or more to someone else and thats what they did....just sayin its possible. There really isnt another answer, cause if they needed $ they could have easily asked you for it. shame shame. I would keep this in mind next time you rely on them to get something for you. On a good note, you'll get your pin and have many wonderful dependable folks here to play with!!! lotsa kids on this playground.

I can't believe this happened. That's terribly rude! I would never want to deal with them ever again. Sorry it happened to you!

Yes, this is what I have decided as well.

My hubby said he would prefer I not trade with them or anything, so when I do get back down to Disneyland, I will not be trading with them anymore.

Pretty sad, as I went out of my way to find pins they needed as well as traded very hard to find pins, to them for under trade value. I do not regret that, as I thought I was helping someone who was a good pin trader and one who would be honest.

Congrats on your wedding!!!! Enjoy the day, take time to look around and visually remember the moments because they fly by!!!!

Vicki

I can't believe this happened. That's terribly rude! I would never want to deal with them ever again. Sorry it happened to you!

This was my thought as well. So sorry to hear that someone treated you like this. You are right not to trust them on trading or purchasing in the future. You have ALWAYS been easy to work with on trades or sales. You definitely did not deserve this kind of treatment! I hope you get everything you are looking for. Unfortunately, I do not have any POMH pins for trade or sale. In fact I need to get ALL of them from 2012!

Definitely not wrong to be disappointed! As the others have mentioned, if they had money problems, they could have asked you to pay now instead of July at the original agreed upon price.

i hope u find the pins u wanted. Sorry that u had to deal with that. i have been there but with a gun. Guy told me that he didnt need the cash when i saw him and offered. i knew he had the gun but wanted to make sure it was mine. Than a few days later sold to a friend and said he was in a bind and needed the doe right away. Kind of odd not to get the money from the ppl that say they have it and want the thing u have to sell... i am still waiting on a 357 deal.. but im sure here u will find ur pins b4 to long. good luck to u

You have every right to feel disappointed. I think what sucks is you may have considered this fellow trader a friend as you both have been helping each other get pins that you want. You two developed a bond and now that bond is broken beyond repair.

Hope you do get your pin and not let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

Awww, Vikki, you have every right to be disappointed . You offered to pay your friends and they declined, reassuring you they would keep your pins safe till you arrived . I would definitely be hurt . You & hubby are welcome to stay with us at All Star Sports? *free*, if you can come back to WDW in September . Ifnot whatever pins you would like from Mickey's Circus I will add to my RSP .
And I still need your address to send your DCL zap .

I contact my pin pal and let them know I could not come after all and would really like to pay for the pins now as well as shipping so they would not have to be without payment.

Well they got back to me today and said they had some money problems, and had to sell my pins!

I don't understand this!!!!!

Any advice????

Vicki

Can you say, I made a bigger profit selling the pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back